Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2008, 03:46 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I noticed that in your entire post you never ONCE addressed the direct questions that were posed to you.

Would you care to answer them, or just continue to ignore them?
Those three questions are the same question. And I don't even know how to answer that.
When theres too many Mexicans on the street?
When theres a lot of people here that arent speaking English?
When illegal aliens are taking over the college system and the high paying jobs?

yeahhh...

Do you have anythign to contribute your self?

Old 07-06-2008, 04:02 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I noticed that in your entire post you never ONCE addressed the direct questions that were posed to you.

Would you care to answer them, or just continue to ignore them?
Well, look at it this way , Guy...If YOU had to answer those questions, what would YOU do? It's not as easy as you seem to think....

Old 07-06-2008, 04:38 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Those three questions are the same question. And I don't even know how to answer that.
When theres too many Mexicans on the street?
When theres a lot of people here that arent speaking English?
When illegal aliens are taking over the college system and the high paying jobs?

yeahhh...

Do you have anythign to contribute your self?
As much as you demonize “some” anti-illegals as being racists, or formulating opinions based on the fact that the majority of illegals are Mexican; I believe your stance on illegal immigration is primarily due to your identification with illegals as being “your people.” Consequently, I don’t believe you will ever feel illegal immigration is a problem, as long as the majority are Mexican.

If we should happen to be invaded by millions of illegal aliens from Nigeria, China, or any other race/ethnicity other than Mexican or “Hispanic” I believe your passion and support would instantly wane.

IMO, for you, it is all about race/ethnicity.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:38 PM

210 posts, read 1,139,257 times
Default aite dawg

Quote:
A lesser known piece of news, but one I find more "despicable" is one about anonymous vandals draining water tanks intended for illegal immigrants crossing through the harsh Arizona desert.

A lot of these immigrants are people who don't really know what to expect when they are crossing and sometimes get lost in the desert. Many many have died out there of dehydration or hypothermia(sp?).

Well, some people out there hate illegals enough that they think they deserve the worst kind of death.
KVOA News 4, Tucson, Arizona - Vandals drain desert water tanks intended for illegal immigrants

graphic:
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/3/1...b874cad533.jpg
I am 200% against illegal immigration. I would never go as far as trying to hurt someone over it though.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:43 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
I'm way more angered by the insensitivity and ignorance towards illegal immigrants, especially those that are Hispanic, by many people on here.
I find that most people on here are doing a disproportionate amount of whining to how its actually affecting them.
I've seen so much exaggeration, so much smearing, and just straight out hysteria regarding the issue of illegal immigration.
It's very unsettling to read much of the stuff posted on here.

I'm tired of seeing so much scapegoating on illegal immigrants while our country is going down for reasons OTHER than illegal immigration. But so many want to play it ignorant, and want to take it out on the tangible enemy: the Mexican on the corner looking for work.

The illegal "horde" or "menace" just isn't making my life as miserable as you claim they are making yours.
It seems to me that those opposed to illegal immigration expend alot more time and effort providing supporting documentation for our positions than any of you ever have. I will state unequivocally that I have posted more facts that back up whatever I am saying than you have.
Case in point: refer back to our recent exchange when you scoffed at idea that women who are pregnant deliberately sneak into the US to give birth at a US hospital. I countered that with an article that showed that indeed they are doing just that. I don't even need an article. I spent 3 months training at a hospital in Houston where at least half of the patients were illegals (this was over 20 years ago, it is probably 95% by now).
Frankly, there is little exaggeration, smearing or hysteria in what we post. When someone is asked to back something up, typically they do so.
You don't think $6 billion in delivery charges run up by illegal aliens is a problem? I do. And there is nothing insensitive or ignorant in RESENTING that taxpaying citizens get stuck paying for this nonsense while actual American citizens go without healthcare.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
As much as you demonize “some” anti-illegals as being racists, or formulating opinions based on the fact that the majority of illegals are Mexican; I believe your stance on illegal immigration is primarily due to your identification with illegals as being “your people.” Consequently, I don’t believe you will ever feel illegal immigration is a problem, as long as the majority are Mexican.

If we should happen to be invaded by millions of illegal aliens from Nigeria, China, or any other race/ethnicity other than Mexican or “Hispanic” I believe your passion and support would instantly wane.

I think seeing them as not being that different from me keeps me from dehumanizing the problem. Being able to relate. Most of the problems of the world could be avoided if we could relate. Look at similarites besides differences.

And as I've said before, I spent a couple of years living in a neighborhood/building among Somalians and Ethiopians when I first left home, rooming with two guys who were sons of Laotian immigrants and Vietnamese immigrants. Had all bases covered, haha. I thought they were great people, just like the most of the Hispanic immigrants.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:46 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

I can't rep you again or I would. You hit the nail on the head. If the illegal immigrants all came from your ancestral countries or mine, I doubt the most rabid pro-illegals both here and in real life would be particularly concerned about what happened to them.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I can't rep you again or I would. You hit the nail on the head. If the illegal immigrants all came from your ancestral countries or mine, I doubt the most rabid pro-illegals both here and in real life would be particularly concerned about what happened to them.
If you couldnt call me pro-illegal, what would you call me? Anti-American? haha

Old 07-06-2008, 04:56 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
If you couldnt call me pro-illegal, what would you call me? Anti-American? haha
I can call you what you are, and I say that pro-illegal is sufficient because it is true.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:57 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,592,989 times
Quote:
Do you have anything to contribute yourself?
I believe I contribute plenty, without resorting to platitudes and generalizations. I'd be HAPPY to answer any questions that get aimed my way, and provide the 'documentation' to back up my position, something that you (and your cohorts) seem incapable of doing.

Until then though, let me pose a question for you...

Since you have stated that the flood of illegal aliens has not negatively effected you, at what point would you consider it 'too many'? How many Americans (like myself) do you think should suffer before you would consider doing something (ANYTHING) to stem the tide?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration