Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 09:32 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
For all of those who say being against immigration doesn't mean youre racist or hateful should pay attention to these posts.
How far are we from ending up with this kind of attitude towards immigration?

Thin line, very thin line.
You mean illegal immigration, not immigration. Or at least we do.

I think the attitude is far gone. Now we need more action. I encourage any and all behavior that limits their activities. I support it as well. I don't know about everyone else here, but the line has been drawn for me. I've seen my hometown turn into a crime ridden dump because of these people. I'm seeing this state I currently live in cater to these people with my tax dollars. I'm tired of it.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:36 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I suppose high oil prices or high milk prices are also attempted murder, lets bring those oil CEOs and farmers in and convict them... some people have real "loose" definitions of attempted murder...
loose definition?

How about someone cuts your brakes, and you crash into a wall and kill yourself. Is that a loose definition of murder?

Old 07-02-2008, 09:37 PM

243 posts, read 86,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karkyco View Post
A few dollars in taxes...LOL. What will make you mind? When your local emergency room is shut down thanks to these swarms of criminals, bringing in their third world diseases, who will get treated but not pay a dime? This adds up to billions every year that taxpayers cover, BTW. Certainly more than a few dollars.

Or how about when one of these swarms of criminal illegal aliens on the roads, driving without insurance without a license and often drunk, plows into you and your family, killing a couple of you and maiming the survivors for life...perhaps that would open your eyes - would you change your tune then? Because what are the actual stats? 12 US citizens killed or murdered per day by the actions of illegals? But that's just a drop in the bucket, right? No big deal there...not like those deaths/murders could have been prevented if the illegals weren't here in the first place.

You wish prison on me, shall I wish the same on you? California prisons are teeming with illegals...more taxpayer dollars squandered.

I live in Los Angeles, the epicenter...ground zero for the illegal alien invasion. The dream has become a nightmare here thanks in large part to these invaders. You either have no clue how bad the problem really and truly is, or you are an (current or former) illegal alien yourself.
Illegal people are not the only ones driving drunk. You make it sound as if every single drunk driver in the US is an illegal immigrant. Most illegals want a better life for themselves. Just because some choose to do illegal things does not mean ALL of them do illegal things. I know quite a few illegals that if it were not because they told me they were illegal i would not have found out. I do agree it is a problem, and it should be solved, but putting rat poison into the water tanks is inhumaine. I know you want them gone, but if you want them all dead.... thats just plain evil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie
I suppose high oil prices or high milk prices are also attempted murder, lets bring those oil CEOs and farmers in and convict them... some people have real "loose" definitions of attempted murder....
But high oil prices and milk prices dont kill people... rat poison does.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:39 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
For all of those who say being against immigration doesn't mean youre racist or hateful should pay attention to these posts.
How far are we from ending up with this kind of attitude towards immigration?

Thin line, very thin line.
I don’t believe it’s simply illegals, I believe people are sick of criminals, period. I have owned a gun (legally) for many years. It is kept in a secure location, and my son doesn’t even know I have it. Admittedly, I would hate to ever have to use it. However, if someone enters my home, I will assume they have ill-intent, and wouldn’t hesitate to use it.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:39 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,247 times
I so care.

Seriously, you're in the minority in this country. Most people want them gone. I don't know where people like you come from who want to allow these people to invade this country, but you don't sound like a good American to me.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:55 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
loose definition?

How about someone cuts your brakes, and you crash into a wall and kill yourself. Is that a loose definition of murder?
Well then, I play your ignorant game.. I suppose you should call the cops and report of the murder that Oil CEOs and farmers who don't plant enough rice are killing to the people of Haiti as well as other 3rd world countries ... I am betting you won't do it... yeah, I say you have a loose definition... I guess the 5% unemployment rate is also murder according to YOUR definition, maybe you should go report to the cops the federal government is committing murder by not employing its citizens... your definition is so loose, it short of unbelievable... but then I do expect that from you anyway but your past posts...

Old 07-02-2008, 10:02 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I don’t believe it’s simply illegals, I believe people are sick of criminals, period. I have owned a gun (legally) for many years. It is kept in a secure location, and my son doesn’t even know I have it. Admittedly, I would hate to ever have to use it. However, if someone enters my home, I will assume they have ill-intent, and wouldn’t hesitate to use it.
Come on out to Az and get your CCW

Old 07-02-2008, 10:11 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,417 times
I'm with karkyco. I can't believe we have people defending illegal immigrants actually, yes I can. It's one of the reasons this country is going to hell in a hand basket. Because there will always be that group of people willing to defend murderers, robbers and every other type of law breaker simply because they are "human". We can never fix any problems this country has because so of this group. The same group that is worried about hurting someone's feelings or simply put, feels we should try to save or support anyone and everyone. You want to be in this country, do it like so many have, the legal way. Is it tougher? Sure. But anything worth having always is.
Someone is always trying to get over on the system, and behind those people, will be another group coddling them and trying to protect them from punishment. The only way we will ever be able to put a stop to this invasion, is to make the consequences more severe. You can't stop people from breaking the law with hugs and peace signs.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:22 PM

219 posts, read 425,265 times
AMC, I never said anything "hateful" you read into what you want while you go on this crusade of yours to save the world. You have a tough road ahead of you. I am far from hateful, if you read my post you would have noticed I am questioning why we are letting American citizens starve and go without basic needs and we can make sure illegals have water. It blows my mind. It's so ass backwards it's not even worth arguing!

Old 07-02-2008, 11:52 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
AMC, I never said anything "hateful" you read into what you want while you go on this crusade of yours to save the world. You have a tough road ahead of you. I am far from hateful, if you read my post you would have noticed I am questioning why we are letting American citizens starve and go without basic needs and we can make sure illegals have water. It blows my mind. It's so ass backwards it's not even worth arguing!
Its a few gallons of water left out in the desert!
These people are basically dropped off in the desert by coyotes.
They have no idea how far it is to get out of the desert and hundreds have died out there.
Whats the big deal putting out water?
Putting water out there is one thing, but deliberately draining them so as to allow those lost out in the desert to die is evil!
The people who did that know exactly what they did! The illegals don't know the terrain as much as the people who did this.

If you saw an illegal dying from heat exhaustion on the side of the road, would you not help him because he is illegal?

The lack of human decency in the name of America is blowing my mind.

And no, I don't have a tough road ahead of me.
YOU do. Immigration, even illegal, is going to be going on for a long long time. It doesn't bother me nearly as much as it does people like you.

I can live with it or without it. It makes no difference to me.
But it's making many of you middle class types miserable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration