Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 07:28 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times

Advertisements

Stupid, indeed!

Quote:
"United States is stupid...I come back every time." Those words were spoken by Mexican national Rolando Mota-Campos to an immigration agent after his 11th arrest in the United States. Incredibly, Mota-Campos has been deported three times and has vowed to return again after completing his prison term and yet another arguably meaningless deportation to Mexico.
American Chronicle | "United States Is Stupid"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 07:35 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Be careful: Senor Mota-Campos; your insolent attitude will backfire-------very badly and not just against you personally.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:47 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,062 times
Mota-Campos is a man after my own heart. I agree with his statement. For the greatest country on earth to be beaten into such a 'guilt trip' that it will not even control its own borders, is pretty stupid indeed. Three rep points for Mr. Mota-Campos, wherever he is, for the willingness to point this out.

His honesty reminds me of (I THINK it was) the late comedian George Burns, who was quoted as saying "I don't want ANY PART of an organization that would accept ME as a member"...or somethinmg like that. Sounds like Mr. Mota-Campos has little respect for a nation that would be so easy for him to 'sneak into'.

Guess most guys don't feel much different about "girls who put out on the first date", as they do about "nations with 'easy' borders"....

Old 07-01-2008, 08:52 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Mota-Campos is a man after my own heart. I agree with his statement. For the greatest country on earth to be beaten into such a 'guilt trip' that it will not even control its own borders, is pretty stupid indeed. Three rep points for Mr. Mota-Campos, wherever he is, for the willingness to point this out.

His honesty reminds me of (I THINK it was) the late comedian George Burns, who was quoted as saying "I don't want ANY PART of an organization that would accept ME as a member"...or somethinmg like that. Sounds like Mr. Mota-Campos has little respect for a nation that would be so easy for him to 'sneak into'.

Guess most guys don't feel much different about "girls who put out on the first date", as they do about "nations with 'easy' borders"....
Great analogy! Personally, I've always believed in "playing hard to get."

Old 07-01-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Great analogy! Personally, I've always believed in "playing hard to get."
Backrubs work wonders............(Gawd; I am just ornery today ).

All joking aside: our illegal friend needs to serve time in a Tent City in N Dakota---------if tents are good enough for our Armed Forces--------they sure as hell are acceptable for illegal immigrants guilty of Felonies.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:22 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Backrubs work wonders............(Gawd; I am just ornery today ).

All joking aside: our illegal friend needs to serve time in a Tent City in N Dakota---------if tents are good enough for our Armed Forces--------they sure as hell are acceptable for illegal immigrants guilty of Felonies.
THANK YOU, SHERIFF ARPAIO !!.......(No wonder our dislike for you is 'in tents')..

Old 07-01-2008, 12:25 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,098 times
Yea,
Talk about stupid.
The U.S. Border Patrol called me the other day, trying to recruit me.
I said, "why would I bother getting a job with an organization where I'm not allowed to do my job, and if I DO my job I get punished, and the courts let the criminals go, and the government won't stop the flood of illegals, and the public does not support us, and the media calls us "fascists" and on and on?"
The guy was silent for a couple of seconds.
So then I hung up.
I doubt they'll ever call back.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Yea,
Talk about stupid.
I said, "why would I bother getting a job with an organization where I'm not allowed to do my job, and if I DO my job I get punished, and the courts let the criminals go, and the government won't stop the flood of illegals, and the public does not support us, and the media calls us "fascists" and on and on?"
So then I hung up.
great post. when i get some rep dots i will share it.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:44 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,323,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Yea,
Talk about stupid.
So then I hung up.
Very sad and very true. The absolute lack of respect and support by our government(with the exception of a few congressman) for our border patrol is disgusting-it makes me ill.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Very sad and very true. The absolute lack of respect and support by our government(with the exception of a few congressman) for our border patrol is disgusting-it makes me ill.
Apply Mexican law along our southern border---------against Mexico.

Then we will hear the screams of anguish (hypocrites) eminating from Mexico City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration