U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 11:58 PM

55 posts, read 199,659 times

Advertisements

I was reading about Bush's Comprehensive Immigration Reform plan (Comprehensive Immigration Reform) and I noticed that it said that in the year of 2007 U.S. Customs and Border Protection and ICEdeported 1.2 million illegal immigrants from the USA.

After hearing this I decided to look into how many illegal immigrants are presently in the United States of America and how many enter each year. I discovered that there are approximately 12 million undocumented immigrants currently in the USA and estimates varied between .5 - 1 million illegals entering the USA each year.

Now, I am not a big fan of Bush, but I think his current plan might be working. Assuming these numbers are correct there are more illegals being deported than are coming in. I think that considering the economic slowdown in the USA, the construction of the wall, the e-verify system, and the increase in border agents, the number of illegal immigrants will go down. This means that far more illegals will be deported than the number of illegals who will be arriving each year if the number of deportations remains constant.

By no means am I saying that everything here is factually correct because the numbers I provided are highly disputed. I just thought this was interesting and was wondering what your opinions were of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 06:38 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
12 million? That seems a little low to me. More like 20-30 million.

Also, how many of those 1.2 illegal aliens that have been deported have already snuck back across the border? Were they actually deported or "self-deported"?

I personally think that the number of illegals that sneak into this country is "underestimated" but that is just MHO.

I disagree I think Bush has done an absolutely lousy job on securing the border and with regard to illegal aliens. There is so much more that he could be doing but he won't. He is president of the US. He can could clamp down on agencies, use executive order, etc. Instead he calls for amnesty and sides with illegal drug dealers from Mexico over our border guard-why do you think that is? He can hire all the border guards he wants-but if it is in the back of their mind that they will go to jail for 12 years for doing their jobs-do you think that they will be able to perform their job 100%? Look at Luis Aguilar. The poor guy did not shoot-gee I wonder why that is. Now his murderer is out and where is Bush? He should be demanding a real full investigation and telling Mexico that we are not going to take this crap. Instead he cowtows to Mexico any chance he can. What about Ramos and Compean, Gary Bruggman and Gilmer Hernandez? All victims of Sutton and Bush-sent to jail for doing their jobs and doing them too well apparently. Bush does not want the border secured regardless of what he may say.

I personally think anything he is doing now is to look good on the outside and to try and help McAmnesty and other amnesty politicians out in November. That way they can say-look at all we have done-look at the raids and look at the wall-all 3 feet of it that has been built.

If our president wanted this problem taking care of-it could be done. He does not. He wants amnesty and open borders -as a precursor to the NAU/SPP. Anything he does in my mind is for show only. He cares more about illegal aliens and drug dealers from Mexico than he does for our brave border patrol agents and other law enforcement officers. Look at all the sabotage at the border by illegals and Mexican drug cartels. Molitov cocktails, wires set up at neck level to decapitate border guards riding ATV's, the list goes on and on. The president is fully aware of this. He does not care for it to change-if he did-this would not be going on-plain and simple.
He does have the power to change it-but won't.

Nicolem

Old 07-03-2008, 07:13 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post

If our president wanted this problem taking care of-it could be done. He does not. He wants amnesty and open borders -as a precursor to the NAU/SPP. Anything he does in my mind is for show only. He cares more about illegal aliens and drug dealers from Mexico than he does for our brave border patrol agents and other law enforcement officers. Look at all the sabotage at the border by illegals and Mexican drug cartels. Molitov cocktails, wires set up at neck level to decapitate border guards riding ATV's, the list goes on and on. The president is fully aware of this. He does not care for it to change-if he did-this would not be going on-plain and simple.
He does have the power to change it-but won't.

Nicolem
Awww, did daddy bush hurt your feelings nicolem?

What i don't get is why would bush care more about "illegal aliens" and drug dealers from mexico than he does for Americans?

Old 07-03-2008, 07:15 AM

16,701 posts, read 18,917,881 times
If you didn't know already blacknight04... Bush is an idiot and that is reason enough...

Old 07-03-2008, 07:25 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Awww, did daddy bush hurt your feelings nicolem?

What i don't get is why would bush care more about "illegal aliens" and drug dealers from mexico than he does for Americans?
Grow up-It goes far beyond "hurt feelings". It is about the men who sacrifice their lives to protect our country and the fact that they are not supported and in fact they are stabbed in the back by many including our president. No my feelings are not hurt- I am pissed off and wished more Americans were too.

He cares more about illegals aliens and drug dealers from Mexico for many reasons. He is for open borders. He wants cheap labor. He is for the NAU/SPP. He wanted amnesty-which would have benefited illegals, drug dealers and gang members all at the expense and a slap in the face to Americans. He is for a global economy at the expense of the US. The list goes on and on and on.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:27 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
There you go again with the imaginary NAU.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:30 AM

14,218 posts, read 7,406,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Grow up-It goes far beyond "hurt feelings". It is about the men who sacrifice their lives to protect our country and the fact that they are not supported and in fact they are stabbed in the back by many including our president. No my feelings are not hurt- I am pissed off and wished more Americans were too.

He cares more about illegals aliens and drug dealers from Mexico for many reasons. He is for open borders. He wants cheap labor. He is for the NAU/SPP. He wanted amnesty-which would have benefited illegals, drug dealers and gang members all at the expense and a slap in the face to Americans. He is for a global economy at the expense of the US. The list goes on and on and on.
Bingo

Old 07-03-2008, 07:39 AM

2,731 posts, read 5,937,199 times
Dont Expect Barack"Hussein"Obama or John McAmnesty to do anything either.
Its going to be up to the States to do something.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:43 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Dont Expect Barack"Hussein"Obama or John McAmnesty to do anything either.
Its going to be up to the States to do something.
The pendulum is swinging hard against illegals now------a tanking economy is part of the ballast helping to do so.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:20 PM

3,496 posts, read 8,343,093 times
12 million sounds right. 12 million too many but the number is more realistic then 20-30 million.

30 Million would mean 30% of Mexico is in the US...The numbers do not add up to support such a large number...As Mexico City itself has close to 20 million. So that is half of Mexico right there...Many of Mexico's educated and upper crust are not trying to get into the US. For the record, Mexico has more millionaires than German....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or