U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-05-2008, 08:52 AM

1,474 posts, read 1,459,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I think I may have hit a raw spot, because I noticed you have posted 4 one liners directed at me. Calm down big boy I had to take a phone call so couldn't respond to you. Any way I'm back now, so what is it you want? You've gotten yourself so wound up you are prolly frothing at the mouth at this point

Ooops I forgot it's the 4th over there so can I take it that the brews are going to your head?

OK OK, I have to admit I did chuckle a bit over that one........I tremble at the resposne in reply to mine...............
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 09:53 AM

21,157 posts, read 26,639,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarazo View Post
I disagree, this is a nation that has flourished with undocumented immigrants from all over the world, at this moment we desperately need
hard working immigrants, that will allow us to compete globally
Flourished?

I think not.

Since we have been inudated with those lawbreakers........wages for blue collar Americans have dropped vis a vis the so-called 'Yuppie class', etc.

I have no sympathy for a '$30K millionaire' if they have to clean their own yard, etc. since they otherwise would have to pay market rate wages for Americans/green card holders.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:07 AM

812 posts, read 1,569,339 times
What is a 30K millionare?

Old 07-05-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
What is a 30K millionare?
Someone who does not make a high figure income yet puts on airs about being affluent.

Oftentimes the truly wealthy people drive stock Chevys and Fords, etc.----not Mercedes Benz's, etc.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:31 AM

812 posts, read 1,569,339 times
Oh a make pretend we're rich people. People really do that? I guess so.

Thanks, I was curious what that was.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:42 AM

1,434 posts, read 1,831,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarazo View Post
I disagree, this is a nation that has flourished with undocumented immigrants from all over the world, at this moment we desperately need
hard working immigrants, that will allow us to compete globally
How do you expect Mexico to compete if all their hard working citizens keep coming to America.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:31 PM

57 posts, read 67,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Deport the illegals, ban them from re-entry for 3-5 years and seize their ill gotten assets.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this nation founded upon by the Ill actions of outsiders? I don't know about you, but I consider invading another people's land and robbing them of all that they have, raping and killing most of them and shoving the survivors into pockets of unfertile and undesirable land, more than ill. The way that I see it: if outsiders come into this land and take that which is not theirs, it seems in accordance with Sir Isaac Newton's third law, which basically states that for every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction---what goes around comes around.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:34 AM

631 posts, read 306,964 times
Quote:
You clearly do not like the USA 'growing a pair' and us starting to secure our borders against illegal immigrants........methinks that London is more to your liking.
lol

Old 07-11-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee-Nice View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this nation founded upon by the Ill actions of outsiders? I don't know about you, but I consider invading another people's land and robbing them of all that they have, raping and killing most of them and shoving the survivors into pockets of unfertile and undesirable land, more than ill. The way that I see it: if outsiders come into this land and take that which is not theirs, it seems in accordance with Sir Isaac Newton's third law, which basically states that for every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction---what goes around comes around.
Now; why is it OK to castigate 'White' (Euro) people for actions that were acceptable under the cultural mores of 1492 yet it was perfectly acceptable for the Aztecs to go around catching/killing people by cutting out their still beating hearts?

Yes; it should not have happened (again by today's moral standards); but the indigenous people here were subjugated by a bigger, badder group of 'Indians'.

Things cannot be reversed------we as a group are all too mixed but genetically as well as culturally.

Let what happened in 1492 serve as a warning that we (the USA) could be conquered again------just that we are still quite strong enough to cripple any potential invader.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:38 AM

3,859 posts, read 7,002,233 times
Quote:
Now; why is it OK to castigate 'White' (Euro) people for actions that were acceptable under the cultural mores of 1492 yet it was perfectly acceptable for the Aztecs to go around catching/killing people by cutting out their still beating hearts?

Yes; it should not have happened (again by today's moral standards); but the indigenous people here were subjugated by a bigger, badder group of 'Indians'.

Things cannot be reversed------we as a group are all too mixed but genetically as well as culturally.

Let what happened in 1492 serve as a warning that we (the USA) could be conquered again------just that we are still quite strong enough to cripple any potential invader.

Absolutely-great post!

Nicolem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration