Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 10:14 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,727,740 times

Advertisements

Hang in there Ann... because they will call you all sorts of nasty names just because you have a different point of view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 12:10 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,348,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Not your place to tell me where to live besides, I love living there and while I was there paid tax's for 17 years and hired people.
taxes (plural)
Spelled the same in British as well as American English.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:54 AM

7 posts, read 3,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Not just no: HELL no!

Two reasons why I say that:

#1: lawbreakers of any ilk (especially those who commit Felonies----fraud qualifies) are much less likely to abide by rules and regulations including US middle class social customs.

#2: talk about a slap in the face towards those Hispanics (and every one else) who played by the rules when a bunch of de facto criminals are allowed to 'cut in line'

Deport the illegals, ban them from re-entry for 3-5 years and seize their ill gotten assets.
I disagree, this is a nation that has flourished with undocumented immigrants from all over the world, at this moment we desperately need
hard working immigrants, that will allow us to compete globally

Old 07-05-2008, 07:24 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,294,352 times
Quote:
Indeed, what will you do when the price of food picked by these "illegals" go up. What I can't get my head around is that for decades you people had no problem with them being your maids and farm workers Hannity and other's were making a big deal of reporting every time a drunk "illegal alien" smashed their car into a group of lily white Anglo kids driving home from their prom,

Deport those who commit serious crimes but for heaven sake give hard working undocumented people an amnesty.
Hum........I will stop buying it.......and plant my own as I already have.
You miss the point, it s not the stoop labor but the agri business making all the money here.

Funny, but "MY PEOPLE" came from farmers so thats an illogical argument but I am curious as to what you mean by "YOU PEOPLE"????
Im sorry but I thought that was MADD AND SADD. Do you know what those are.

LILLY WHITE, sounds more your the racist and a bigot to boot......

We do deport. PArt of the argument is that we shouldnt deport the Illegas just becasue they are "illegal" get it???

Why should we give a pass to the undocumented????

Old 07-05-2008, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Nice one, but if I had a penny for every person who comes up with the same old regurgitated rhetoric about how many wars y'all had fought, won or bailed others
“you would be eating sauerkraut instead of fish and chips" Let's leave that out and talk like adults.
For all you know I could be from Alabama and living in the UK....

Not sure what sort of jobs you did while at school, but I presume they didn't include crawling on your knees picking strawberries, oranges, lettuce etc..sort of work? $10, $20, $30, $50 per hr? Your little girls all want to be Paris Hilton or Hannah Montana – so can’t see them applying to be maids at Motel 6.

Face it just like the drug war America will never end illegal immigration. You can’t win every war. .
Well it was only two little dust ups. WW-I and WW_II But I do seem to recall we also had two dust ups with your little country and we kicked your King Georges butt all over the continent. Would it surprise you to hear we still spit in the dirt when we hear the name King George.
Also we dont grovel nor say gawd save the queen
. Beside we never really like fish and chips, its a poor mans food.

when I was in school, I worked at a used tire warehouse. That was hard work and probably as bad as stoop labor. But what did you do for extra money when you were in school?????
You posed the question so elucidate us.

Hanna Montana, nope, mine wanted to be a school teacher, and she is............
And she wasn't interested in Cindy Loper either.........or Madonna. My Son only wanted to be a paratrooper and Green Beret. Guess what. 10th SF, Got the patches and the wings to prove it.
What did YOU want to be when you were young??????Boy George???

We will end illegal immigration, you can count on it.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:40 AM

Quote:
What and give up my green card?????????????????????????
Dont really think most of us would mind. But I doubt you really have one. Can you provide proof???
Give us documentation and proper credence might be given for an American citizen.....

Old 07-05-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Now now don't go throwing your toys out of the crib...Last time I checked it appears they are out to get ALL OF US and if you want to turn this into a morbid pissing contest I'd say it was wipe out at the WTC (may their souls rest in peace). What a bodacious act that was compared to what happend in London. You can comment on our immigration situation all you want and you will notice I'm not as thin skinned as you.
We are glad you can reason to proper conclusion that they are out to get all of us.
So as I understand the immigration situation in merry ole England, there is a move to stop the immigration of Muslims, deport the illegals and get the hot heads out of the country???
Is that true?????
Your govt is moving to export all the illegals and undesirables???
Who will pick your lettuce......
Wait, there is no lettuce in Merry ole England to be picked.

So are you for the actions of the English Govt as stated above??????
I am truly interested in that question

Old 07-05-2008, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Not your place to tell me where to live besides, I love living there and while I was there paid tax's for 17 years and hired people.
But were the people you hired legal citizens trying to make a living?????

Old 07-05-2008, 07:48 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,727,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
The same question occurred to me..."who", indeed?. Our illegal immigrants seem determined to underbid us in the labor market.....while a number of yours seem determined to blow you into eternity. Which is worse? Depends, I would imagine.

But, as you suggested, "who are EITHER of us"?...I suppose I have no more right to comment on YOUR situation, than you have to comment on ours. Thanks for making that point.
Raggy Dee Ann seems to be in the minority as far as many of her fellow citizens are concerned. Without exception, every Brit I've spoken to here is highly upset and frustrated by the current immigration situation whether it is legal or illegal. Most would be quite happy to see all immigration to Brittain end. Their taxes which support the social programs that the immigrants then take more than full advantage of (medical, the dole, etc.) are outrageous and the cost of living here has far overshadowed the wage base. With the cost of petrol at one pound, twenty or more for a liter, that works out to about six pounds per gallon--or over $12.00 per gallon. The Brits I've spoken to feel as if they're being squeezed to the breaking point.

I've spoken to many who have developed an attitude of Brittain for the Brits--sod everyone else.

Yep, they're feeling the effects of immigration in England--and they don't like it one little bit either.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:51 AM

Quote:

But you can't compare muslim fanatics who want to change our way of life to Mexican people just wanting a better life.

Yes we can...........The concept is the same especially when the current crop of illegals refuse to adopt a foreign culture.
They flee ole Mexico and the squalor and corruption and violence there, least that what they say in the talking head interviews, yet they want to keep that very same squalor, corruption and violence.

Look, Any Man woman or child who wants to become an AMERICAN citizens and follow the rule of law, including how to get here, they are welcome with open arms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration