U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 03:50 PM

219 posts, read 379,242 times

Advertisements

HoustonCynic, it is a true story and not the only one of it's kind. Why would you doubt it was true? It happens quite often. Here in SLC there was an article in the paper just the other day that we need to get ready here to receive another 500 refugees! Our economy is ok here but it's not terrific (in my opinion) we have tons of minimum wage jobs but who says we are able to handle another 500 welfare cases? My tax dollars aren't ready. Automatically giving refugees welfare is a bad idea, like you said it assimilates them into thinking they should be receiving. And studies have shown that these refugees years and years later are still receiving along with their offspring.

Last edited by AnnaGrrrrrl; 07-07-2008 at 04:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 04:22 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,878,113 times
More excellent posts from macmeal! Keep up the good work.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:28 AM

2 posts, read 1,638 times
if we can fight them maybe we should stop them from sending there cash home this may change the economy quikly western union is a bad company they are sending billions a year back to mexico from america
we are going broke how about all the illigals with babies born here id send them all back make them apply to return and all funds made here in usa should be spent here

Old 10-08-2009, 08:48 AM

33,002 posts, read 30,272,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
HoustonCynic, it is a true story and not the only one of it's kind. Why would you doubt it was true? It happens quite often. Here in SLC there was an article in the paper just the other day that we need to get ready here to receive another 500 refugees! Our economy is ok here but it's not terrific (in my opinion) we have tons of minimum wage jobs but who says we are able to handle another 500 welfare cases? My tax dollars aren't ready. Automatically giving refugees welfare is a bad idea, like you said it assimilates them into thinking they should be receiving. And studies have shown that these refugees years and years later are still receiving along with their offspring.
You've just told the story of hundreds of small Cities across the midwest that are now being overrun by Illegals. I know of 5 towns near the town I grew up in that have a serious problem now and that's just a fraction of it.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:04 AM

537 posts, read 256,562 times
Illegal immigration is a serious problem. It needs to be stopped.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:09 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,476,606 times
I know of many us citizens who have been separated from their familys forever after a DRUNK illegal alien killed them. Deport the SOB and make him take the kids too if they are under 18,,,,Why is someone born here to an illegal not illegal also?

Old 10-08-2009, 12:13 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,192,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
I know of many us citizens who have been separated from their familys forever after a DRUNK illegal alien killed them. Deport the SOB and make him take the kids too if they are under 18,,,,Why is someone born here to an illegal not illegal also?
Because we have idiots in office all the way up to the Supreme Court who have misinterpreted the 14th Amendment on birthright citizenship due to their liberal PC nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration