U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 09:59 AM

2,731 posts, read 5,936,312 times

Advertisements

Forgive me if this has been posted before.
I dont hear much about the Impact of an "undocumented citizen" using..
Someone's Social Security number in this forum.
Ask anyone who has been impacted and what it takes to get their life back.
Just another benefit from our "guest's".
Anyone here had their social # stolen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 10:10 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Not to mention sham marriages to illegals so they can get green cards. These illegals commit id fraud and obtain marriage licenses. Then the actual person files for their marriage license and has to go through hell and spend $$$ to get it fixed.

I.D.-THIEF WEDDING CRUSHERS - New York Post

Nicolem

Old 07-07-2008, 10:19 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Even better-stealing the social security numbers of babies and children. And yes I know not ALL SSn's are stolen by illegals-yes some of it is done by Americans. However-in order for illegals to work here, get married and get state benefits they need social secuity numbers.

Stolen innocence: Child identity theft - MSN Money (http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Banking/FinancialPrivacy/StolenInnocenceChildIdentityTheft.aspx - broken link)

It is vital that not only you-but your children check your credit once a year. We are entitled to one free report a year and that includes babies and children as well. Don't wait until your child is 18 and going for their first loan, credit card, etc. I know that in some cases these things may not show up but at least do what you can to check.

Nicolem

Old 07-07-2008, 04:26 PM

219 posts, read 378,461 times
I haven't had anything happen to me, thank goodness. I don't know anyone who has, but it sounds awful.
Nicole I read about that marriage thing in the book called "Invasion". This one lady in there knowingly married a terrorist and when they interviewed (on her way to prison ) she said she would do it again for the right price. It's amazing how easily people will sell out - just for money.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:39 PM

10,716 posts, read 31,030,974 times
Pro illegal immigrant people don't want to think about all the many laws these people break in order to work here, including stealing other peoples identities.

How about the FACT that these people can't legally carry car insurance so if they are at fault, there is no coverage for the accident.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:47 PM

Don't the insurance agencies who underwrite the policies still have to insure them?
That is a scary thought.
My BIL was killed by a drunk illegal, he didn't even bother stopping, after he hit and killed my BIL on his motorcycle he just left, went back to Mexico, they never found him. That is the some of the kind of people we are allowing to come here.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
Don't the insurance agencies who underwrite the policies still have to insure them?
That is a scary thought.
My BIL was killed by a drunk illegal, he didn't even bother stopping, after he hit and killed my BIL on his motorcycle he just left, went back to Mexico, they never found him. That is the some of the kind of people we are allowing to come here.

No mame, if an illegal immigrant presents false ID, stolen ID to get insurance and then AFTER the accident finds out that its falsified, they will pull that insurance and are not obligated to pay anything.

In the US, if a person can't get a drivers license, they can't get insurance. Thats why people then STEAL peoples identities to get all the documentation they need.

When I lived in Texas, I heard about it all the time how illegals were driving with no real coverage and causing accidents that the person who they hit had to then be financially responsible for.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:25 PM

Thank you for the info. Geesh, if I ever went without insurance they would be on me so fast. In fact, one time we switched insurance companies and I guess the change wasn't reported to the State Insurance Dept. and we got a letter in the mail and had to prove that it never lapsed. These things only work for those that follow the rules I guess.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
Thank you for the info. Geesh, if I ever went without insurance they would be on me so fast. In fact, one time we switched insurance companies and I guess the change wasn't reported to the State Insurance Dept. and we got a letter in the mail and had to prove that it never lapsed. These things only work for those that follow the rules I guess.
From what I understand, illegals carry falsified documents regarding coverage. Once you track down the coverage, you find out its not real. BUT if for some reason they do carry a policey on their falsified identity and pay the premuims, the insurance company won't pay a thing if they find out its not really that person.

Usually illegals who get involved in an accident like this flee back to Mexico until it all blows over and come back with a different identity.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:32 PM

4,135 posts, read 9,116,913 times
A friend's brother died fairly young ( mid 40s). His SSN# was stolen by way of the SSDI. They found it out when his widow was told her "husband was alive" (he wasn't; it was identity theft) and she'd have to "pay back widow's SS". Took a year to get it fixed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or