U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 01:04 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times

Advertisements

Personally, I couldn't care less whether or not young Mr. Shaw was in a gang, affiliated with a gang or a wannabe gang member. It really makes NO DAMNED DIFFERENCE! He was killed by an ILLEGAL ALIEN who was released from jail not 24 hours before rather than being held for deportation.

Make all the excuses you want, amc, it's still nothing more than a bunch of BS designed to lessen the criticism of L.A.'s Special Order 40.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 08:13 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
[quote=[B]amc760 wrote:[/b]
Quote:
what rock have you been sleeping under?.
No where does it say "News Break!" nor does it say "In Care of amc760"
Yes, it happened a few months ago. But not everone has the time to stay updated on every little incident that happens in this country like you do.

So why don't you lighten up on your "Mr, Know it All" attitude.
In case you didn't know, your not the only person on this forum.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 07-08-2008 at 08:41 AM..

Old 07-08-2008, 08:27 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I just thought I'd do you a favor since you didn't seem to believe the first picture was Jamiel. Since photobucket is such a "credible source ". But yes, the first picture DOES indicate gang activity. Despite what his family tried to claim, he isn't doing the "hang loose" sign in that picture. Bloods don't surf.

But no, gangs don't have families or eat food.

They live in graffiti covered bombed out buildings and eat crack washed down with O.E.
Pardon my gang ignorance, but what is “surf” in the gang world?

You have missed the point of this thread. As GuyP has stated, had LA not been a sanctuary city, further compounded by Special Order 40, this young man (gang member or not) would not have been killed by this illegal alien. I realize in your mind, illegal alien Mexicans can do no wrong; and you will defend their criminal behavior ad nauseam. However, this, and many other tragedies, clearly exemplifies the consequences of a jurisdiction that refuses to deal with violent illegals. Rather, they release them back into the community; and in this case, with fatal results.

The life of a gang member is still a life; irrespective of race/ethnicity. As one with intimate knowledge of gangs, I would think you would have more compassion. It’s sad you fail to realize the tragedy of this situation. You’re too preoccupied with defending “your people.” Two young lives have been destroyed; one is dead, the other will (hopefully) spend the better part of his life behind bars. How incredibly sad.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:51 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The life of a gang member is still a life; irrespective of race/ethnicity. As one with intimate knowledge of gangs, I would think you would have more compassion. It’s sad you fail to realize the tragedy of this situation. You’re too preoccupied with defending “your people.” Two young lives have been destroyed; one is dead, the other will (hopefully) spend the better part of his life behind bars. How incredibly sad.
One can't escape the feeling that while everybody admits this is a tragedy, and it's wrong, and that theoretically, it's a 'bad thing', some of us, in the back of our minds, also think it's kind of "cool". That's the impression I get, at least. I sincerely HOPE I'm mistaken.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:53 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
[quote=mkfarnam;4374574]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
amc760 wrote:[/b]

No where does it say "News Break!" nor does it say "In Care of amc760"
Yes, it happened a few months ago. But not everone has the time to stay updated on every little incident that happens in this country like you do.

So why don't you lighten up on your "Mr, Know it All" attitude.
In case you didn't know, your not the only person on this forum.
theres been literally 3 or 4 threads with the subject of the Jamiel Shaw murder.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
One can't escape the feeling that while everybody admits this is a tragedy, and it's wrong, and that theoretically, it's a 'bad thing', some of us, in the back of our minds, also think it's kind of "cool". That's the impression I get, at least. I sincerely HOPE I'm mistaken.
From who?

Old 07-08-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Pardon my gang ignorance, but what is “surf” in the gang world?

You have missed the point of this thread. As GuyP has stated, had LA not been a sanctuary city, further compounded by Special Order 40, this young man (gang member or not) would not have been killed by this illegal alien. I realize in your mind, illegal alien Mexicans can do no wrong; and you will defend their criminal behavior ad nauseam. However, this, and many other tragedies, clearly exemplifies the consequences of a jurisdiction that refuses to deal with violent illegals. Rather, they release them back into the community; and in this case, with fatal results.

There you go, putting words in my mouth.

Yeah, I am defending "my people". As in the Mexican-American community from another charge of a "hate crime" when it clearly wasn't. Thats the point.
Everybody labelled this a "hate crime" or "ethnic cleansing" a "racist murder of an innocent black kid" and it was more than likely gang related. Even if Jamiel wasn't an actual member.

Or did you forget what we were arguing before you decided to force more labels on me?

And I think it's funny youre trying to turn it around on me with your "sympathy" as opposed to my colder view of the situation. I've already said my piece on how I feel about the situation. But back then you were more set on blaming it on Mexican racism and how you don't believe in the victim of the environment thing. Remember?

Old 07-08-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
There you go, putting words in my mouth.

Yeah, I am defending "my people". As in the Mexican-American community from another charge of a "hate crime" when it clearly wasn't. Thats the point.
Everybody labelled this a "hate crime" or "ethnic cleansing" a "racist murder of an innocent black kid" and it was more than likely gang related. Even if Jamiel wasn't an actual member.

Or did you forget what we were arguing before you decided to force more labels on me?

And I think it's funny youre trying to turn it around on me with your "sympathy" as opposed to my colder view of the situation. I've already said my piece on how I feel about the situation. But back then you were more set on blaming it on Mexican racism and how you don't believe in the victim of the environment thing. Remember?
Obviously, you are much closer to this subculture than I realized. Therefore, I will defer to your superior knowledge of the details of this particular case. If you say it was simply gangs fighting over turf, drugs, or whatever -- and they feel no hatred for one another -- race was totally a non-issue, I guess I’ll have to leave it at that.

BTW, you still haven’t explained what “surf” is. Just curious.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
BTW, you still haven’t explained what “surf” is. Just curious.
You know, surf? That thing with the guy standing on a board riding ocean waves?

Old 07-08-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
You know, surf? That thing with the guy standing on a board riding ocean waves?
Very funny. You used the word in the context of gang activity. No problem, it's not as though I'll be ostracized at the next social gathering for not knowing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration