U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-20-2008, 04:44 PM
 
19,237 posts, read 11,141,888 times
Reputation: 8386

Advertisements

A study or a an actual number of reported crimes. I cannot mention the thousands of alien children and women who are bought and paid for by nationals for zex and prostitution, also you can't even concieve the number of US nationals who travel over seas to rape the poor nations of thier young. Do not point a finger for an issue that is huge within our own door step. do a real study, then talk.. if you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-21-2008, 12:42 AM
 
1,417 posts, read 852,101 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
There are 579,974 thousand registered sex offenders in the United States
According to you, nearly half are illegal aliens. I think your figures are bogus
The debate should have ended here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2008, 05:44 AM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,309,484 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
The debate should have ended here.
And why is that? Because you think that just because we have our own citizen criminals that it should be ok for us to allow others to come here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 12:03 AM
 
1,417 posts, read 852,101 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
And why is that? Because you think that just because we have our own citizen criminals that it should be ok for us to allow others to come here?
Umm.. wtf? I'm speaking upon the figures. The figures the OP provided are bogus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 11:33 AM
 
307 posts, read 458,237 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
There are 579,974 thousand registered sex offenders in the United States
According to you, nearly half are illegal aliens. I think your figures are bogus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
The debate should have ended here.
You have in no way shown that the figures are bogus. You are comparing data from 2 different sources.

The 579,974 registered sex offenders are ONLY those who have been caught and convicted who are then registered. It does not include all those who have never been arrested for their crimes.

The figure of 240,000 Illegal Immigrant Sex offenders is both those who have been caught AND those who have never been caught.

To do a proper comparison you must compare the 240,000 Illegal Immigrant sex offenders to the total number of US sex offenders, which is NOT 579,974.

All you’re doing is comparing Apples and Sea Slugs.

You two might want to take a basic statistics course before trying to prove or disprove someone’s study.


Random
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 12:04 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 852,101 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
You have in no way shown that the figures are bogus. You are comparing data from 2 different sources.

The 579,974 registered sex offenders are ONLY those who have been caught and convicted who are then registered. It does not include all those who have never been arrested for their crimes.

The figure of 240,000 Illegal Immigrant Sex offenders is both those who have been caught AND those who have never been caught.

To do a proper comparison you must compare the 240,000 Illegal Immigrant sex offenders to the total number of US sex offenders, which is NOT 579,974.

All you’re doing is comparing Apples and Sea Slugs.

You two might want to take a basic statistics course before trying to prove or disprove someone’s study.


Random

"Oh we don't have any sources on other sex offenders, but I'm damn sure they're out there. I just don't know who they are or how many there are."

That is what I'm getting as your response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 12:13 PM
 
307 posts, read 458,237 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
"Oh we don't have any sources on other sex offenders, but I'm damn sure they're out there. I just don't know who they are or how many there are."

That is what I'm getting as your response.
You are incorrect.

My response was that you have provided NO data that disproves her study.

The data that you referred too is ONLY for those in the U.S. both legally and illegally who have been convicted of sex crimes. It DOES NOT INCLUDE those who have never been convicted.

The figure from her study are Illegal Immigrants who have both been convicted as well as it DOES INCLUDE those who have never been convicted of sex crimes but are preying on the innocent.

You are trying to compare TWO DIFFERENT sets. If you have evidence that her study is incorrect please present it. Otherwise you are just blowing smoke.

Personally I don’t know if the study is valid as I have not read it. I am simply pointing out that your attempt to invalidate is incorrect. If you wish to read the study and then point out in a logical manner why the study is flawed I will happily read it and discuss weather I think your conclusion is correct.

Random

Last edited by RandomU; 08-22-2008 at 12:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 12:17 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 852,101 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
You are incorrect.

My response was that you have provided NO data that disproves her study. The data that you referred too is ONLY for those convicted. The figure from her study are those convicted AND those who have never been convicted. You are trying to compare TWO DIFFERENT sets. If you have evidence that her study is incorrect please present it. Otherwise you are just blowing smoke.

Random
I'll admit it. I was wrong.




The number is actually MORE than what was previously posted.
Total - 644,865

Map of Registered Sex Offenders in the United States •
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 12:36 PM
 
307 posts, read 458,237 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
I'll admit it. I was wrong.




The number is actually MORE than what was previously posted.
Total - 644,865

Map of Registered Sex Offenders in the United States •
Thanks for the admission. However you are still drawing from the wrong data set.


That is the number of CONVICTED sex offenders. NOT the number of Sex offenders in the U.S.

To compare her figure you need the number of sex offenders in the U.S. both convicted and never caught (as well as those in between).

Random
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 12:47 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
Reputation: 22525
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
Thanks for the admission. However you are still drawing from the wrong data set.


That is the number of CONVICTED sex offenders. NOT the number of Sex offenders in the U.S.

To compare her figure you need the number of sex offenders in the U.S. both convicted and never caught (as well as those in between).

Random
Whoosh! Did you hear that sound? Nothing but NET.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top