Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 08:16 AM

178 posts, read 416,566 times

Advertisements

Call the White House, and demand our President protect our children!
Since 1999 there have been nearly one million victims of rape, child molestation, sexual homicides, and rape and molestation of handicapped children by illegal immigrants here in the U.S.

The White House Phone Numbers:
COMMENTS: 202-456-1111
SWITCHBOARD: 202-456-1414
FAX: 202-456-2461

240,000 ILLEGAL ALIEN SEX OFFENDERS IN U.S.

There are approximately 240,000 illegal immigrant sex offenders in the United States. This staggering statistic, rarely mentioned by the media, was revealed in a study by Deborah Schurman-Kauflin of the Violent Crimes Institute in Atlanta, Georgia. "It is clear," she says, "that the U.S. public faces a dangerous threat from sex predators who cross the U.S. borders illegally." What's more, she adds, "Then they gradually commit worse crimes and are continually released back into society or deported. Those who were deported simply returned illegally again."

If ever there was an argument for building a border fence, this is it. But other than two stories on WorldNetDaily, generated by an appearance on CNN, we haven't found any coverage of these extraordinary statistics.

Read the rest of the story here.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2007, 09:01 AM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,468 times
Berrypie, the problem with the story is that all the high numbers/estimates are not actual numbers but estimates extrapolated from 1500 cases. Now the accuracy of estimates depends on the criteria for the cases they take to study and base their statistics on. How did they select the 1500 cases? Were they truly random or was their a certain criteria they were looking for, what was that criteria? It then uses averages. Hmm, I could say that the average net asset for 5 individuals, including myself, is over 20 billion. But one of those 5 individuals is Bill Gates. A high number of crimes commited by one person skews the low numbers commited by others. That's what they did, they took a high average and multiplied that. But did they select cases so they could get the high number. The 2% ICE reference to get the 240,000 estimate, do you know that also means, if that percentage is truly accurate, that there are 11,760,000 illegal immigrants who are not sex offenders.

I know you didnt write the article so none of this is really directed at you, but if you read the article and look at how they arrived at the numbers, you start to question it. But that's me, I always question everything before I make up my mind.

Old 01-17-2007, 01:54 PM

603 posts, read 1,995,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Berrypie, the problem with the story is that all the high numbers/estimates are not actual numbers but estimates extrapolated from 1500 cases. Now the accuracy of estimates depends on the criteria for the cases they take to study and base their statistics on. How did they select the 1500 cases? Were they truly random or was their a certain criteria they were looking for, what was that criteria? It then uses averages. Hmm, I could say that the average net asset for 5 individuals, including myself, is over 20 billion. But one of those 5 individuals is Bill Gates. A high number of crimes commited by one person skews the low numbers commited by others. That's what they did, they took a high average and multiplied that. But did they select cases so they could get the high number. The 2% ICE reference to get the 240,000 estimate, do you know that also means, if that percentage is truly accurate, that there are 11,760,000 illegal immigrants who are not sex offenders.

I know you didnt write the article so none of this is really directed at you, but if you read the article and look at how they arrived at the numbers, you start to question it. But that's me, I always question everything before I make up my mind.
Honestly, the mainstream media is extremely careful when they mention this type of inflammatory things, so I"m sure it was a reasonable estimate. Besides, a lot of the estimates of how many illegals are in this country are low and are likely much higher, meaning that potentially, depending on what numbers they used, this could be even higher. Just a thought. Yes, 11,760,000 may not be sex offenders, but even the prez admitted that 1 in 12 illegals in the US have criminal records, that's 1,000,000 people (of which 240,000 are apparently sex offenders). Pleasant thought indeed.

Old 01-17-2007, 02:02 PM

504 posts, read 1,764,297 times
Ridiculous, here we go again more bull crap, what media? Some right wing rag?W hen did the worse president ever say this, he is a big big supporter of legal amnesty I doubt if he would say such a thing.
Lets put it this way if we have two people and one of them commit two crimes stats can show 100 percent of the people committed crimes.
Today when I have time I am going to look to see who got locked up in the Hillsborough county jail in Tampa Fl yesterday and look to see what they are charged with and see how many are charged with sex crimes and who they are.

Old 01-17-2007, 02:22 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,468 times
kdizzle, again, it all depends on what the criteria is on how they arrived at their numbers. If they looked as cases that were sex offenses occuring on or around border towns with high populations of illegal immigrants, then yes you're possibly going to get those numbers. If they got those numbers by reviewing cases randomly selected from major US cities, including those in the interior, then that is pretty profound. But it all falls on their criteria to get the initial information. I'm not questioning the math, just how they got their first numbers.

Old 01-17-2007, 02:44 PM

178 posts, read 416,566 times
Like everyone else, I read the news, I read reports, and all sorts of information. Do I know the exact figure to the penny of how many illegal aliens are raping and molesting our children? No. I don't know EXACTLY. But even one is too many.

I feel one of the reasons there is such a high percentage of Mexicans committing sex crimes against our children, is because in Mexico, sex with 12 year old children IS LEGAL!!!

Our "culture", and their culture, are eons apart, in all sorts of ways. That is why we have such a problem as never before. We have way too many people from one culture coming at once. Our immigration laws of checks and balances are not being used, so we have chaos.

Old 01-17-2007, 02:50 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,440,827 times
There are 579,974 thousand registered sex offenders in the United States
According to you, nearly half are illegal aliens. I think your figures are bogus

Old 01-17-2007, 02:53 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,094,216 times
How could an illegal register as a sex offender? They should be deported!

Old 01-17-2007, 03:32 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,247 times
So higher crime statistics helps greater prove the point illegals shouldn't be here?

Old 01-17-2007, 04:01 PM

603 posts, read 1,995,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
Ridiculous, here we go again more bull crap, what media? Some right wing rag?W hen did the worse president ever say this, he is a big big supporter of legal amnesty I doubt if he would say such a thing.
Lets put it this way if we have two people and one of them commit two crimes stats can show 100 percent of the people committed crimes.
Today when I have time I am going to look to see who got locked up in the Hillsborough county jail in Tampa Fl yesterday and look to see what they are charged with and see how many are charged with sex crimes and who they are.
I'm not a right-winger, but I do know how sensitive ALL major media outlets are about 'offending' groups of people. I'm sure they did their homework. This is what I was saying. I voted Dem in the last 2 elections, so the right-wing crap is nonsense. My opinion on the idiot in DC is that he is an utter failure on nearly anything he's been involved with, especially illegal immigration. It's practically an impeachable offense IMO. But, regardless of this, if we had enforced our border and didn't allow these illegals in the first place, this would never have been an issue to study. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration