U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-07-2008, 09:56 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,730,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I hadn't considered that strategy. It's definitely food for thought....part of the master plan for the NAU.

It definitely is!! Along with the gov't planning 9-11.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 09:59 PM

15,181 posts, read 9,970,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
It definitely is!! Along with the gov't planning 9-11.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:11 PM

3,173 posts, read 4,374,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
blacknight04:

Are you inferring that I am a liar?

As you well know; I am anti illegal immigration---------legal immigrants are welcome.

You are truly becoming desperate when you have to resort to bald faced lies.
Theres nothing illegal about speaking Spanish in America.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:15 PM

21,157 posts, read 26,021,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Theres nothing illegal about speaking Spanish in America.
My comment was directed towards blacknight04's lie that us anti illegal immigrant people are simply anti immigrant.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:18 PM

12,335 posts, read 9,077,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
I think we need to start a national movement to boycott all stores, products, etc that print their products or have signs in Spanish. Unless I'm eating at a Mexican restaurant, there is no need to see Spanish on any products I use. The catering has to stop. We do not cater to the Polish, Russian, South African, etc populations (rarely), we barely cater to the French. We should barely cater to the Mexicans and other Spanish speakers. If enough people boycotted such products, it would send a strong message to our politicians that we are PISSED OFF and don't mind hurting many of our nations companies to prove it.
The Spanish-speaking population is so large that to ignore them by not "catering" to them is akin to saying, "Let's not make money!!"

Capitalism

Old 07-07-2008, 10:36 PM

3,369 posts, read 7,420,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
The Spanish-speaking population is so large that to ignore them by not "catering" to them is akin to saying, "Let's not make money!!"

Capitalism
Precisely.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Um . . you're kidding right? Thousands of visa holding foreigners from all over the world enter the US daily, some as tourists, some as workers and others in the hopes of legally obtaining citizenship. The majority of those who enter the US legally have some knowledge of the English language and some come here fully versed in the English language because not only are they educated, but unlike the illegals from South of the border, they are also respectful of America, its language and its culture.

The only reason the US has all but become a dual language nation (of spanish and English) is because during the planning stages of their duplicity in this invasion, corporate America had the foresight to devise the plan of gradually instituting Spanish into the customer service prompts of American Businesses. They had already decided that the easiest and most accessible majority of illiterate peasants to target would be the 3rd grade illiterates from south of the border who would come by the millions and accept any wage they offered. Even the lowest American wage is far better than what they could ever imagine in Mexico.

To claim spanish is being crammed down our throats for any other reason is delusional at best.
I really doubt Spanish is being "crammed down" your throat. For all practical purposes, no non-Spanish speaker has to learn Spanish to get by in this country, not even in Miami! I know plenty of people who live in Miami who do not speak Spanish, and they get by just fine at the grocery store, gas station, mall, etc. No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to learn Spanish; in fact, most Spanish-speaking immigrants seem pretty eager to learn ENGLISH to me. Just because they speak Spanish at home doesn't mean that they don't attempt to speak and learn English outside of the home.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
I really doubt Spanish is being "crammed down" your throat. For all practical purposes, no non-Spanish speaker has to learn Spanish to get by in this country, not even in Miami! I know plenty of people who live in Miami who do not speak Spanish, and they get by just fine at the grocery store, gas station, mall, etc. No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to learn Spanish; in fact, most Spanish-speaking immigrants seem pretty eager to learn ENGLISH to me. Just because they speak Spanish at home doesn't mean that they don't attempt to speak and learn English outside of the home.
Im Mexican-American, grown up around Mexicans, live in Mexican neighborhoods in California, and barely speak Spanish.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:52 PM

But that doesn't make any sense because doesn't Mexican --> pro illegal --> anti-American --> refuses to speak English (and chooses to speak Spanish instead)? You know, AMC, you're ruining our plan to take over America and turn it into a third world nation!

Old 07-07-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
But that doesn't make any sense because doesn't Mexican --> pro illegal --> anti-American --> refuses to speak English (and chooses to speak Spanish instead)? You know, AMC, you're ruining our plan to take over America and turn it into a third world nation!
There goes Aztlan. How I'm going to force Spanish on people when I barely have a handle on it myself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration