Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 09:14 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times

Advertisements

Who cares?

You couldn't even boycott all the businesses that employ illegals.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:19 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Who cares?

You couldn't even boycott all the businesses that employ illegals.
And amc760 is correct.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:28 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The anti immigrant popoulation in America is not big enough to do that.
I hate to burst your bubble, but the anti-illegal immigration population is plenty big. Don't let the smooth taste fool you. However, we have bigger fish to fry.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:30 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I hate to burst your bubble, but the anti-illegal immigration population is plenty big. Don't let the smooth taste fool you. However, we have bigger fish to fry.
I call it as i see it and anti- immigrant is the correct choice of word.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:31 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
This is silly because most people who speak Spanish in the United States aren't "illegals." Companies market to baby boomers, college students... why not to Spanish speakers? I speak both languages fluently and it doesn't bother me to see some advertisements (especially for products which Hispanics tend to consume a lot more than other groups) in Spanish. It is private companies who are "catering" to Spanish speakers and they will not stop "catering" to them if it is profitable. It would be financially stupid to stop Spanish-language advertisement and media just to make a point.
Um . . you're kidding right? Thousands of visa holding foreigners from all over the world enter the US daily, some as tourists, some as workers and others in the hopes of legally obtaining citizenship. The majority of those who enter the US legally have some knowledge of the English language and some come here fully versed in the English language because not only are they educated, but unlike the illegals from South of the border, they are also respectful of America, its language and its culture.

The only reason the US has all but become a dual language nation (of spanish and English) is because during the planning stages of their duplicity in this invasion, corporate America had the foresight to devise the plan of gradually instituting Spanish into the customer service prompts of American Businesses. They had already decided that the easiest and most accessible majority of illiterate peasants to target would be the 3rd grade illiterates from south of the border who would come by the millions and accept any wage they offered. Even the lowest American wage is far better than what they could ever imagine in Mexico.

To claim spanish is being crammed down our throats for any other reason is delusional at best.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Silly me...I keep forgetting you’re visually impaired.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:37 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Um . . you're kidding right? Thousands of visa holding foreigners from all over the world enter the US daily, some as tourists, some as workers and others in the hopes of legally obtaining citizenship. The majority of those who enter the US legally have some knowledge of the English language because they are educated and respectful of America, its language and its culture.

The only reason the US has all but become a dual language nation (of Spanish and English) is because during the planning stages of their duplicity in this invasion, corporate America had the foresight to devise the plan of gradually instituting Spanish into the customer service prompts of American Businesses. They had already decided that the easiest and most accessible majority of illiterate peasants to target would be the 3rd grade illiterates from south of the border who would accept any wage they offered. Even the lowest American wage is far better than what they could ever imagine in Mexico.

To claim spanish is being crammed down our throats for any other reason is delusional at best.
So....what companies sat down to plan this invasion? I suspect taco bell was one of them huh?Trying to dupe americans into liking mexican food so that they can gradually do away with english and american food!!!

Old 07-07-2008, 09:38 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Silly me...I keep forgetting you’re visually impaired.
Either that or he/she is another one of those illegal alien supporters. Actually, I'm pretty sure he/she is an IA hugger.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Um . . you're kidding right? Thousands of visa holding foreigners from all over the world enter the US daily, some as tourists, some as workers and others in the hopes of legally obtaining citizenship. The majority of those who enter the US legally have some knowledge of the English language and some come here fully versed in the English language because not only are they educated, but unlike the illegals from South of the border, they are also respectful of America, its language and its culture.

The only reason the US has all but become a dual language nation (of spanish and English) is because during the planning stages of their duplicity in this invasion, corporate America had the foresight to devise the plan of gradually instituting Spanish into the customer service prompts of American Businesses. They had already decided that the easiest and most accessible majority of illiterate peasants to target would be the 3rd grade illiterates from south of the border who would come by the millions and accept any wage they offered. Even the lowest American wage is far better than what they could ever imagine in Mexico.

I hadn't considered that strategy. It's definitely food for thought....part of the master plan for the NAU.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:56 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
blacknight04:

Are you inferring that I am a liar?

As you well know; I am anti illegal immigration---------legal immigrants are welcome.

You are truly becoming desperate when you have to resort to bald faced lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration