Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 01:13 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Sounds like a place that Mexicans should definitely avoid.
WHAT ??......and miss out on all these 'perks' and advantages ??? Are you CRAZY?....Please, let's be serious here....I mean, it's BAD here, and all that...but PLEASE....let people be the judge of what they should...and should not avoid. I mean, what's a little racism and oppression, when you have essentially 'hit the jackpot'?....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 01:46 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,044,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Sounds like a place that Mexicans should definitely avoid.
Not just Mexicans but, you, I and everyone else who lives in this country. We should not have to accept such a place. We should strive for change to make this a better place and not make excuses.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:49 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Not just Mexicans but, you, I and everyone else who lives in this country. We should not have to accept such a place. We should strive for change to make this a better place and not make excuses.
Yes, we Americans should. And the Mexicans should go home and try to make their country a better place as well.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:59 PM

91 posts, read 191,460 times
What's wrong with the United States? It is the best country in the world by my standards.... If you don't like it then either work hard to change it, or find somewhere else.

There's things that we can work on, as with any nation, but overall it's the best out there in my opinion.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:03 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briefstop View Post
Can you name one country or part of the world where the standard of beauty isn't considered white skin and blue eyes? Unfortunate, but a reality.
I want to say Black Africa and possibly parts of Asia. In those places; the leisure class is ID'd by having smooth hands, etc.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:32 PM

411 posts, read 468,552 times
Too, the drug wars there are becoming worse do in part to drug trafficking being slowed down across the border. Read that the dealers need to offload their dope hence it starting to ruin Mexico. Over 13,000 Mexicans have been murdered thus far by the cartels.[/quote]

How come you "know" so many things that no one else knows...

Old 09-21-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Too, the drug wars there are becoming worse do in part to drug trafficking being slowed down across the border. Read that the dealers need to offload their dope hence it starting to ruin Mexico. Over 13,000 Mexicans have been murdered thus far by the cartels.

How come you "know" so many things that no one else knows...
azcentral.com blogs - leslieamannkohler Blog: Death Knows No Boundaries

Read and weep if you love Mexico. And the author is a pro illegal apologist.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Why do you hate Mexico?
Show me where I hate Mexico.

Admittedly; I hold that country in contempt but still...........

Old 09-21-2009, 09:45 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,989,631 times
Default Pretty much the same with mine..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Be thankful they came of their own volition -- and not captured like animals, shackled, and stuffed like sardines on a ship like some of my ancestors.
MY ancestors were simple farmers. Their land was invaded, the invading army took their crops, leaving them to starve to death, forced them to change their language to the invaders language, took all the land from many of them, leaving them with absolutely nothing. They also ended up stuffed into boats, arriving here to face discrimination, made to do the worse and most dangerous types of jobs, for barely subsistent wages.

It was difficult for them also.

But, when I meet people from the country that invaded my ancestors land, and did all of that too them, I'm not carrying a grudge against them - Even though I know that to this day many of the people from that country still look down on us.

I'm not complaining about it...It's pretty much in the past. I'm here and now.

And, there are plenty of others, from other lands, whose parents and grandparents went through hell.

But, they're here and dealing with the now also.

Almost everyone in this country comes from a heritage of starting in this country with absolutely nothing. Nothing at all.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:15 AM

Quote:
It's very obvious. For one, you expressing joy that poor Mexicans along the border are being ravaged by drugs. Appalling.
"Read and weep if you love Mexico".
I love Mexico. Why do you say it like it's a negative thing?
The 'read and weep' phrase referred to it being sad that Mexico is showing signs of collapse-----------trust me, I am not gloating over it. I respect those paisas who stay home and try to build up their country vs. being here illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration