U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-26-2009, 08:55 AM

8,187 posts, read 7,856,638 times

Advertisements

I think a better question would be 'why do hispanics (or more accurately hispanic advocacy groups) demand that everyone else accomadate their native language?'
Why the fear of learning English?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 09:10 AM

21,157 posts, read 26,405,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I think a better question would be 'why do hispanics (or more accurately hispanic advocacy groups) demand that everyone else accomadate their native language?'
Why the fear of learning English?
Probably because those delusional fools still believe in the reconquista---------never mind the harsh reality (for them) is that the odds are much greater that the USA will wind up owning large swaths of Mexico instead.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:47 PM

14,307 posts, read 6,286,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Probably because those delusional fools still believe in the reconquista---------never mind the harsh reality (for them) is that the odds are much greater that the USA will wind up owning large swaths of Mexico instead.
I agree. Many have been ingrained with this "stolen land" BS and illegal immigration allows them to accomplish the reconquista without having to fire a shot. They are reconquering with babies rather than bullets and they know it. It is the cowards way of fighting a war because essentially they are declaring war on the U.S. through violation of our borders, immigration laws and soverignty. Unfortuntely far too many Hispanic citizens are onboard with this agenda also.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:15 PM

11,299 posts, read 9,949,402 times
I don't understand why so many americans are offended when it is suggested they learn to speak Spanish. Most everyone in the world speaks at least 2 languages, get off your lazy butts and learn it. Large demographic shifts like this are unstoppable and inevitable. Ask the Native Americans.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I don't understand why so many americans are offended when it is suggested they learn to speak Spanish. Most everyone in the world speaks at least 2 languages, get off your lazy butts and learn it. Large demographic shifts like this are unstoppable and inevitable. Ask the Native Americans.
The difference being we as a nation are still quite strong enough to defang Mexico quite handily. What screwed the American Indians were they for the most part were unable (or unwilling) to unify to run off the original Euros, both Anglo and Hispanic.

Besides: the Indians commited atrocities against one another as well---------they were not exactly angels either.

As for Spanish: it is not an important language outside of Spain and most of Latin America----------English is the lingua franca of the world.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I agree. Many have been ingrained with this "stolen land" BS and illegal immigration allows them to accomplish the reconquista without having to fire a shot. They are reconquering with babies rather than bullets and they know it. It is the cowards way of fighting a war because essentially they are declaring war on the U.S. through violation of our borders, immigration laws and soverignty. Unfortuntely far too many Hispanic citizens are onboard with this agenda also.
The American enablers are even more guilty of the above----------cancelling birthright citizenship would effectively cripple the (failing) reconquista.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The American enablers are even more guilty of the above----------cancelling birthright citizenship would effectively cripple the (failing) reconquista.
Birthright citizenship is one of the biggest draws that brings them here. Not only does it further the reconquista along but these illegals think they can anchor themselves here by giving birth on our soil. I can't for the life of me understand how the Supreme Court could interpret the 14th Amendment in this manner. It was meant to protect slaves not illegal invaders. These illegals are not "subject to the jurisdiction" of our country either.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:30 PM

706 posts, read 533,849 times
Quote:
I don't give a rats a$$ what the rest of the world speaks.....I don't live in the rest of the world, I live in the U.S.A...... and I do speak two languages.......English and American....
Why don't the illegals get off their lazy butts and learn English ?

BTW, nothing is unstoppable.....

JMO....

Old 08-26-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
I don't give a rats a$$ what the rest of the world speaks.....I don't live in the rest of the world, I live in the U.S.A...... and I do speak two languages.......English and American....
Why don't the illegals get off their lazy butts and learn English ?

BTW, nothing is unstoppable.....

JMO....
Agreed. Unless someone is in the tourist industry or plans on working abroad learning another language is useless. If you don't use it, you lose it. It isn't about laziness but spending time doing something useless when most Americans are busy just trying to scrape out a living. The only reason that Spanish is being demanded in this country today is to communicate with the illegal invaders or arrogant Hispanic citizens who insist on their native tongue.

I don't care if the illegals learn English or not as they don't even have a right to be here in the first place. They need to go back to their Spanish speaking countries or wherever else they are from.

I always have to laugh when they use native indian history as some kind of justification for illegal Mexicans to be here or for us to have to learn Spanish. None of us were alive back then anyway. Yet they keep bringing it up as if we were or are responsible for the past and therefore need to learn the language of our current invaders.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:27 PM

8,187 posts, read 7,856,638 times
Quote:
The 'rest of the world' has chosen what languages that they want to speak - they weren't told to learn the language of the dominant illegal immigrant group.
Big difference, wouldn't you agree?

Also, are you comparing the manifest destiny that wrongly or rightly (wrongly by modern standards, rightly by the mores of the time) that urged western expansion with the hordes of illegal Mexicans coming across the border? In short - reconquista? Because we are told so often that the whole reconquista thing is a myth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration