U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-08-2009, 10:08 PM
 
291 posts, read 353,300 times
Reputation: 73

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMERICAN NATION View Post
This country is full of immigrants and many of us come here to commonly speak English. My parents had to take their citizenship test many times in English until they passed it. Except for the Spanish speaking people because my friend said they made it happen and that other immigrants are lazy and don't make it happen. It frustrates me when I CAN'T GET A JOB BECAUSE THERE IS A BIASED REQUIREMENT TO SPEAK SPANISH, THIS IS WRONG. I already speak another language and Enlish is my SECOND language. YOU SHALL NOT FORCE ME TO TO SPEND DECADES TRYING TO LEARN ANOTHER ONE WHEN IT ALREADY BENEFITS YOU, OR THOSE SPEAKING SPANISH! THIS IS OPPRESSION AND WE ARE AMERICANS NOW. Of course all people that speak languages other than the common English language has a right to speak it at work and wherever they please, HOWEVER, IT IS WRONG AND IT DISCRIMINATES AGAINST ME when you say I CAN'T GET A JOB BECAUSE I SPEAK SOMETHING OTHER THAN SPANISH. This IS NOT OPENING DIVERSITY and is EXTREMELY WRONG. I'm sure a lot of employees understand this situation and can't get jobs or know that they are being talked about in this language and I agree it is their right, BUT IT'S SO RUDE AND CREATES ANGER. STAND UP FOR YOURSELF AND NOTIFY THE DEPT. OF LABOR AND DON'T STOP THERE, STAND UP THE RIGHT WAY AND ABIDING TO OUR FREEDOM AS AMERICANS AND DON'T LET THEM FORCE YOU OUT OF A JOB BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SPEAK SPANISH. THIS IS A NATION OF ALL IMMIGRANTS!
und and again .. again.. one more time .. yup stop the out sourcing and in sourcing NOW! English is the golbal language of the world !

Folks the election of this rummy is the wake up call for america buy your guns tend you neighborhoods now. just listen to czars and bs commie crap. never in my life did I think the nuts would fall out the trees like this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-08-2009, 10:11 PM
 
291 posts, read 353,300 times
Reputation: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Besides English, Spanish is still the most common language in the West!
So is welfair
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2009, 03:28 PM
 
223 posts, read 747,559 times
Reputation: 141
Default So True!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMERICAN NATION View Post
This country is full of immigrants and many of us come here to commonly speak English. My parents had to take their citizenship test many times in English until they passed it. Except for the Spanish speaking people because my friend said they made it happen and that other immigrants are lazy and don't make it happen. It frustrates me when I CAN'T GET A JOB BECAUSE THERE IS A BIASED REQUIREMENT TO SPEAK SPANISH, THIS IS WRONG. I already speak another language and Enlish is my SECOND language. YOU SHALL NOT FORCE ME TO TO SPEND DECADES TRYING TO LEARN ANOTHER ONE WHEN IT ALREADY BENEFITS YOU, OR THOSE SPEAKING SPANISH! THIS IS OPPRESSION AND WE ARE AMERICANS NOW. Of course all people that speak languages other than the common English language has a right to speak it at work and wherever they please, HOWEVER, IT IS WRONG AND IT DISCRIMINATES AGAINST ME when you say I CAN'T GET A JOB BECAUSE I SPEAK SOMETHING OTHER THAN SPANISH. This IS NOT OPENING DIVERSITY and is EXTREMELY WRONG. I'm sure a lot of employees understand this situation and can't get jobs or know that they are being talked about in this language and I agree it is their right, BUT IT'S SO RUDE AND CREATES ANGER. STAND UP FOR YOURSELF AND NOTIFY THE DEPT. OF LABOR AND DON'T STOP THERE, STAND UP THE RIGHT WAY AND ABIDING TO OUR FREEDOM AS AMERICANS AND DON'T LET THEM FORCE YOU OUT OF A JOB BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SPEAK SPANISH. THIS IS A NATION OF ALL IMMIGRANTS!
I agree, I used to work at a warehouse and got laid off during the economic crisis. I look in the paper and job postings say must be biligual, must be able to speak spanish. I went on a interview and they would not hire me because I can't speak spanish this was for a supervisor postion at a warehouse job in the shipping department. Speaking English must not mean much anymore, even if it is the National language. Thats BULL****!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2009, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugger View Post
I agree, I used to work at a warehouse and got laid off during the economic crisis. I look in the paper and job postings say must be biligual, must be able to speak spanish. I went on a interview and they would not hire me because I can't speak spanish this was for a supervisor postion at a warehouse job in the shipping department. Speaking English must not mean much anymore, even if it is the National language. Thats BULL****!!!!!
I'd consider that racial discrimination!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2009, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Duluth, Minnesota, USA
7,653 posts, read 14,758,210 times
Reputation: 6644
Immigrants, no matter where they are from, normally learn English, and attain at least some level of fluency in the language if they're here long enough.

Spanish is an excellent language to learn, quite easy, but there are many other choices that should be encouraged as well. French, Russian, Mandarin (perhaps being a bit optimistic here), etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2009, 10:34 PM
 
411 posts, read 402,628 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Over 300 million people here, maybe 10% speak Spanish, and you think it 'makes sense'??

Gimme a freaking break!!!
Check your numbers, there are approximately 50 million us citizens of spanish origin that speak spanish, plus approximately 25 million undocumented, that's approximately 25% of the population, plus the fact that spanish is the most important language of the hemisphere, I think obama is right ;
we should all learn spanish....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2009, 06:38 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Check your numbers, there are approximately 50 million us citizens of spanish origin that speak spanish, plus approximately 25 million undocumented, that's approximately 25% of the population, plus the fact that spanish is the most important language of the hemisphere, I think obama is right ;
we should all learn spanish....
What's inportamt about it? Most Hispanic citizens know how to speak English. Which leaves illegal aliens and why would we went to converse with them? English is the most important language on the hemisphere, not Spanish. Obama is panderring for votes nothing more and nothing less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2009, 07:01 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Check your numbers, there are approximately 50 million us citizens of spanish origin that speak spanish, plus approximately 25 million undocumented, that's approximately 25% of the population, plus the fact that spanish is the most important language of the hemisphere, I think obama is right ;
we should all learn spanish....
The 25 million illegal alien number I do not believe----------10 million tops (and dropping). Unless you are implying that 15 million Anchor Babies count towards the 'undocumented' number. And even that sounds high since oftentimes one parent is here legally.

As for Spanish; it may be the most widely used language in the New World but, so what? Latin America is a socioeconomic pipsqueak. It is of little importance in North America anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2009, 02:26 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,804 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Reputation: 17696
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Immigrants, no matter where they are from, normally learn English, and attain at least some level of fluency in the language if they're here long enough.

Spanish is an excellent language to learn, quite easy, but there are many other choices that should be encouraged as well. French, Russian, Mandarin (perhaps being a bit optimistic here), etc.
Legal Immigrants do, Illegal Immigrants for the most part don't. Why should they? They can stuff their kids on a tax payer provided bus to a tax payer provided school where the tax payer employed Teachers are forced to teach their anchors. It's all free and the Parents don't even have to talk to the Teachers. There is no incentive to learn it as every govt agency they hit has been forced to provide the Illegals with someone Spanish speaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2009, 02:33 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,804 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Reputation: 17696
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I agree that we should not cater to immigrants and learn their language. I do however, believe that we should not stick to one language, we should learn a second language to be more competitive with the world business and employment market. I would not mind if children in schools would learn Chinese or any other language.
Simply put if we want our kids to get ahead Chinese is the language to learn as a second language. That is where the money is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top