Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 08:25 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,459,731 times

Advertisements

I think we need to start a national movement to boycott all stores, products, etc that print their products or have signs in Spanish. Unless I'm eating at a Mexican restaurant, there is no need to see Spanish on any products I use. The catering has to stop. We do not cater to the Polish, Russian, South African, etc populations (rarely), we barely cater to the French. We should barely cater to the Mexicans and other Spanish speakers. If enough people boycotted such products, it would send a strong message to our politicians that we are PISSED OFF and don't mind hurting many of our nations companies to prove it.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:27 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
Good luck.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:29 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,459,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Good luck.
Yeah, I'll really need it. But who knows, one of these days this might actually happen as the native speakers in our country get tired of these illegals.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:46 PM

595 posts, read 2,742,180 times
Well, if you're plan actually worked, the Mexicans would then organize an even bigger protest, and they would eventually win.

Good thought, though.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:54 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,667,463 times
This is silly because most people who speak Spanish in the United States aren't "illegals." Companies market to baby boomers, college students... why not to Spanish speakers? I speak both languages fluently and it doesn't bother me to see some advertisements (especially for products which Hispanics tend to consume a lot more than other groups) in Spanish. It is private companies who are "catering" to Spanish speakers and they will not stop "catering" to them if it is profitable. It would be financially stupid to stop Spanish-language advertisement and media just to make a point.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:01 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
I think we need to start a national movement to boycott all stores, products, etc that print their products or have signs in Spanish. Unless I'm eating at a Mexican restaurant, there is no need to see Spanish on any products I use. The catering has to stop. We do not cater to the Polish, Russian, South African, etc populations (rarely), we barely cater to the French. We should barely cater to the Mexicans and other Spanish speakers. If enough people boycotted such products, it would send a strong message to our politicians that we are PISSED OFF and don't mind hurting many of our nations companies to prove it.
Agreed. I think this policy should be adopted by every business in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, El Centro, San Bernardino, and Rancho Santa Maragarita. Next let's spread it to San Antonio, Las Vegas, and El Paso. In fact, lets cover ALL of Nevada, Colorado, Florida, and Montana....

THIS IS AMERICA....ENOUGH with the SPANISH already......sheeesh !!!

Old 07-07-2008, 09:02 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
Well, if you're plan actually worked, the Mexicans would then organize an even bigger protest, and they would eventually win.

Good thought, though.
Protesting what?

There is no law forcing a person to patronize a business with Spanish (or any other language) signage.

If we as a group did so......if anything, the businesses would change to English or go out of business.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:07 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
The anti immigrant popoulation in America is not big enough to do that.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:08 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,592,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Agreed. I think this policy should be adopted by every business in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, El Centro, San Bernardino, and Rancho Santa Maragarita. Next let's spread it to San Antonio, Las Vegas, and El Paso. In fact, lets cover ALL of Nevada, Colorado, Florida, and Montana....

THIS IS AMERICA....ENOUGH with the SPANISH already......sheeesh !!!
Alright Mac, get your tongue out of your cheek before you BITE IT OFF!!!!!

Old 07-07-2008, 09:10 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Alright Mac, get your tongue out of your cheek before you BITE IT OFF!!!!!
Mow about making Portuguese the official language (it is absolutely musical sounding )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration