U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 09:29 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times

Advertisements

Once again, that persistent point of contention arises about the 'racism' or 'meanness' involved in discussing 'crime committed by illegals'.
Racists may find the subject interesting, but once more, that's beside the point. Once again, from the bottom...Illegals are not supposed to be here. Their crimes are 'not supposed to be committed here', either. This is an entirely separate issue from whether illegals are as "good" as American citizens, or not. Illegals may even be "better-behaved" than American citizens. For the sake of this argument, it makes no difference.

The fact, once more, is that illegals aren't supposed to be here...and when they commit crimes, we as a society aren't supposed to be 'stuck' with the consequences of their crimes.

If MY rowdy kids joined YOUR rowdy kids in 'tearing up your house' some night, you'd have no choice but to pay for the damages caused by YOUR kids...but you'd PROBABLY send me the bill for the damages caused by MY kids, as well as sending them home, and asking me to KEEP them there. And this would be true, even if MY kids started the whole thing...even if MY kids were worse than YOUR kids. Has nothing to do with who's better or worse...it has to do with who's responsible for the damages these 'punks' caused...YOU, or ME.

Two sets of "rowdy" kids...two different areas of responsibilty for same. Illegal-immigrant crime isn't just 'regular' crime.

And please...don't bring up that tired old "they came here, and WE turned them into criminals". That's just plain adding insult to injury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 09:38 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,659,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron von Costume View Post
A point I was trying to make in another thread.

And it actually makes the problem more, not less, acute. I would bet that among the illegal population, the percentage of those with a HS degree is lower than the 57% quoted here. So what we have then is waves of people that have, largely, limited to no useful education.
So America is replacing a aging educated American with a younger lower educated immigrant. If that isnt a recipe or disaster I dont know what is.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:51 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
So America is replacing a aging educated American with a younger lower educated immigrant. If that isnt a recipe or disaster I dont know what is.
And, our criminal 'government' is aiding/abetting the 'genocide' of us Americans (of any race/ethnicity) by paying for the birth of Anchor Babies yet our US citizen/green card holder pregnant women do not receive that perk.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:00 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Absolute insanity, isn't it? It's not only a recipe for disaster.……it's a recipe for the demise of this great nation. I wonder where the greedy profiteers of illegal immigration will live once their greed destroys this country.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:13 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Absolute insanity, isn't it? It's not only a recipe for disaster.……it's a recipe for the demise of this great nation. I wonder where the greedy profiteers of illegal immigration will live once their greed destroys this country.
You've just described on of my most frequent thoughts...has to do with the "Third-Worldization" of America. I've often expressed my dismay at the short-sightedness of those of us who'd 'hire on the cheap' for short-term gain (illegals), while turning a blind eye to the future ramifications...As I've often asked anyone who will listen, "Who ARE these guys doing this stuff? Don't THEY have kids, and won't their grandkids have to live in the society that these selfish people are now helping to create"?

The answer is yes, ALL of our grandkids will inherit this 'new society'...and those who can afford it, will spend much of their lives in gated communities and in 'secure' buildings. That's how it's done in "the Third World", and that's where we're headed.

Don't despair, though. THe Third World can be a really nice place....as long as you're rich. Not too nice for 'the little people', though. But it IS 'colorful', I'll admit that much. Guess we'll all have to learn to value the 'colorful' over the mundane.....right?

Old 07-10-2008, 10:29 AM

210 posts, read 1,046,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I don't think crime would drop that drastically.

And Texas isnt losing its "southerness" because of illegal immigrants, but because of the California transplants probably. But then again, I guess that is a product of the illegal immigrants as well, since thats what people are running from, haha.
I'm not against immigration, I'm against illegal immigration. I forget the exact number but something like 70,000 sex offenders and criminals from Mexico crossed the border illegaly to live in the United States. Now I know most people crossing the border are just looking for a better life but what about those 70,000 criminals that are going to wind up in your neighborhoods, your cities, and put you and you're family at risk? And yes Texas is infact losing it's southerness, it's southern culture is being replaced with a spanish one or how do you explain that Hispanics now make up more the majority of the Texas population?

Old 07-10-2008, 10:54 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami305Kid View Post
I'm not against immigration, I'm against illegal immigration. I forget the exact number but something like 70,000 sex offenders and criminals from Mexico crossed the border illegaly to live in the United States. Now I know most people crossing the border are just looking for a better life but what about those 70,000 criminals that are going to wind up in your neighborhoods, your cities, and put you and you're family at risk? And yes Texas is infact losing it's southerness, it's southern culture is being replaced with a spanish one or how do you explain that Hispanics now make up more the majority of the Texas population?
Try 1 million sex crimes committed by approximately 240,000 illegal aliens. This study was conducted a couple of years ago, so who knows what the current figures are.

Quote:
Deborah Schurman-Kauflin of the Violent Crimes Institute in Atlanta analyzed 1,500 cases from January 1999 through April 2006 that included serial rapes, serial murders, sexual homicides and child molestation committed by illegal immigrants.

She found that while the offenders were located in 36 states, most were in states with the highest numbers of illegal immigrants. California had the most offenders, followed by Texas, Arizona, New Jersey, New York and Florida.
Study: 1 million sex crimes by illegals

Old 07-10-2008, 11:53 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Try 1 million sex crimes committed by approximately 240,000 illegal aliens. This study was conducted a couple of years ago, so who knows what the current figures are.

Study: 1 million sex crimes by illegals
Admittedly; most of those crimes are by illegals against other illegals but, Americans still feel the repercussions.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:37 PM

608 posts, read 881,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami305Kid View Post
Only Eastern Texas is really considered "Southern". The bible belt is less defined West and South towards Houston where Catholic numbers begin to rise relative to Baptists.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:46 PM

608 posts, read 881,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
You've just described on of my most frequent thoughts...has to do with the "Third-Worldization" of America. I've often expressed my dismay at the short-sightedness of those of us who'd 'hire on the cheap' for short-term gain (illegals), while turning a blind eye to the future ramifications...As I've often asked anyone who will listen, "Who ARE these guys doing this stuff? Don't THEY have kids, and won't their grandkids have to live in the society that these selfish people are now helping to create"?

The answer is yes, ALL of our grandkids will inherit this 'new society'...and those who can afford it, will spend much of their lives in gated communities and in 'secure' buildings. That's how it's done in "the Third World", and that's where we're headed.

Don't despair, though. THe Third World can be a really nice place....as long as you're rich. Not too nice for 'the little people', though. But it IS 'colorful', I'll admit that much. Guess we'll all have to learn to value the 'colorful' over the mundane.....right?
But the "grimm statistics" were taken from a web site that also has the following.
Get to know the Hispanics around you

Quote:
In U.S. history there have been many nativist backlashes against immigrants during economic downturns, such as those against the Scotch-Irish immigrants in 1729, against the Catholic Irish and Germans in the 1840's, and against southern and eastern Europeans in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Every one of these times there has been a few among the "native" Americans who were motivated by racist ideas and who considered the immigrants to be inferior, unworthy and a danger to the nation, as well as many others who just wished they would just go away. Nativist backlashes typically result in restrictive immigration laws, pro-English language, and other pro-assimilation legislation, as well as various discriminatory laws. Restrictive legislation often coincides with cycles in the economy in which the immigrants are not needed as much as when they were first received with more-or-less open arms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or