Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 12:45 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Not only did Lou Dobbs call them out on their ethnocentric BS and inflated importance to those they claim to represent he had an hispanic guest to back him up with percentages.
The great Lou Dobbs who was called out on 60 minutes for making up lies about latino illegal immigrants bringing in leprosy?

Quote:

The segment was a profile of Mr. Dobbs, and while doing background research for it, a “60 Minutes” producer came across a 2005 news report from Mr. Dobbs’s CNN program on contagious diseases. In the report, one of Mr. Dobbs’s correspondents said there had been 7,000 cases of leprosy in this country over the previous three years, far more than in the past.
When Lesley Stahl of “60 Minutes” sat down to interview Mr. Dobbs on camera, she mentioned the report and told him that there didn’t seem to be much evidence for it.
“Well, I can tell you this,” he replied. “If we reported it, it’s a fact.”
Truth, Fiction and Lou Dobbs - New York Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 12:46 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,592,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
HAHA, you guys are incredible, an unknown man on cnn said few people in the legal hispanic community embrace La Raza so that must be the absolute truth.
I seriously doubt the man was 'unknown', it's rather hard to become a guest on a national news program if your only claim to fame is 'unknown'. Do you need one of us to Google it for you? I've noticed that your research skills are rather lacking when it comes to a POV that doesn't match your own...

Old 07-09-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I seriously doubt the man was 'unknown', it's rather hard to become a guest on a national news program if your only claim to fame is 'unknown'. Do you need one of us to Google it for you? I've noticed that your research skills are rather lacking when it comes to a POV that doesn't match your own...
Okay..if this guy was "known" then why didn't benicar mention a name? It is not up to me to find out who this unknown man benicar is talking about is it?

Old 07-09-2008, 01:19 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Sounds to me that MEChA is using Mein Kampf as its template.

Just that it would be suicide for the above to advocate murdering non Mestizo Hispanics.

Hell; for that matter, American Indians are not readily accepted by many Latinos due to the White supremacy in Hispanic culture.
You never told me where you got that information of there being tension between the Hispanic Community and Native Americans. Where do you get this information from? A Native American acquaintance I suppose .

"Mein Kampf" and "White Supremacy" in the same post! What else have you called Hispanics? "Poor White Trash" "KKK" "Hillbillys" "Nazis" etc etc.

Several irrelevant references to Argentina and Spain. It goes on and on.

Why are you so determined to make Hispanics out to be as White as can be, ArizonaBear?

You also seem determined that every group has a problem with Hispanics. It's almost like you want to pass all the stigmas associated with White Americans in the past to the Latinos of today.

You need to stop "playing the race card".

Old 07-09-2008, 01:29 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Okay..if this guy was "known" then why didn't benicar mention a name? It is not up to me to find out who this unknown man benicar is talking about is it?

You replied to my post in my response to Benicar I NAMED Lou Dobbs. You obviously didn't have to do any of the work "finding out who this unknown man" is. Why all the whining like an illegal alien?

Old 07-09-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
You replied to my post in my response to Benicar I NAMED Lou Dobbs. You obviously didn't have to do any of the work "finding out who this unknown man" is. Why all the whining like an illegal alien?
If benicar was talking about Lou dobbs, she or he would have mentioned his name.

Take your time and read through the thread carefully, maybe you will comprehend my posts this time around.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:37 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
If benicar was talking about Lou dobbs, she or he would have mentioned his name.

Take your time and read through the thread carefully, maybe you will comprehend my posts this time around.
I did read it and I DO comprehend your whining . . oops I mean post. I get the feeling that Benicar didn't name him because she knew that you would automatically attempt to discredit him . . . . and you didn't disappoint.

You deliberately left out this FACT. For the record Lou Dobbs did not lie about its origins which includes LATIN AMERICANS:

Quote:
Leprosy in the United States is indeed largely a disease of immigrants who have come from Asia and Latin America. And the official leprosy statistics do show about 7,000 diagnosed cases — but that’s over the last 30 years, not the last three.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 07-09-2008 at 01:59 PM..

Old 07-09-2008, 01:50 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
You never told me where you got that information of there being tension between the Hispanic Community and Native Americans. Where do you get this information from? A Native American acquaintance I suppose .
A Latina of obviously part Indian heritage flat told me she does not like 'em: she calls Native Americans lazy, etc. When I called her out on her obvious Indian background, she said she was an 'Other'.

Quote:
"Mein Kampf" and "White Supremacy" in the same post! What else have you called Hispanics? "Poor White Trash" "KKK" "Hillbillys" "Nazis" etc etc.
Looking at MEChA's list of beliefs--------if the she fits, wear it. Suffice to say: many of them are flat out racist IMHO and definitely Un-American.

Quote:
Several irrelevant references to Argentina and Spain. It goes on and on.

Why are you so determined to make Hispanics out to be as White as can be, ArizonaBear?
Look at the Mexican telenovelas; considering that most Mexicans are Indian/Mestizo; why in the hell are leading roles on said shows obviously White? Too; the standard of beauty in Hispanic culture is whit skin and blue eyes.

If I were a stereotypical Latino; I would be offended and hurt @ the above

Quote:
You also seem determined that every group has a problem with Hispanics. It's almost like you want to pass all the stigmas associated with White Americans in the past to the Latinos of today.
Legal Hispanics are welcome; illegal ones need to be deported, BTW: the cold reality is that about 85% of all illegals hail from either Mexico or Central America.

Quote:
you need to stop "playing the race card".
The MEChA fans threw out first: I am playing their game and turning it against them---------live by the sword, die by the sword (race card).

Old 07-09-2008, 01:59 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
A Latina of obviously part Indian heritage flat told me she does not like 'em: she calls Native Americans lazy, etc. When I called her out on her obvious Indian background, she said she was an 'Other'.

Looking at MEChA's list of beliefs--------if the she fits, wear it. Suffice to say: many of them are flat out racist IMHO and definitely Un-American.

Look at the Mexican telenovelas; considering that most Mexicans are Indian/Mestizo; why in the hell are leading roles on said shows obviously White? Too; the standard of beauty in Hispanic culture is whit skin and blue eyes.

If I were a stereotypical Latino; I would be offended and hurt @ the above

Legal Hispanics are welcome; illegal ones need to be deported, BTW: the cold reality is that about 85% of all illegals hail from either Mexico or Central America.

The MEChA fans threw out first: I am playing their game and turning it against them---------live by the sword, die by the sword (race card).

That's funny, because you base so many of your opinions on one or two people you speak with on the matter.
I never heard of any kind of hate between Hispanics and Native Americans. Why do you think so many Native Americans have Spanish names?

Look at our culture(American). 15-20 years ago, everybody was Blonde and/or White on TV. It wasn't until recently you started seeing more minorities on television in America.
Just the way it is. White controls the world, White is upheld as the vision of beauty.
And you also hold a very narrow concept of what a Mestizo looks like. Your race-obsessed mind should by now realize that Mestizos come in many different shades. I doubt there aren't a few if more people on those sets that have Indian blood in them. I don't know why you insist on the White supremacy of an entire country based on what they show on television.

And you talk about all of these supposed tensions between groups and the Hispanic community, you are clearly not just talking about illegals.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:08 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
That's funny, because you base so many of your opinions on one or two people you speak with on the matter.
I never heard of any kind of hate between Hispanics and Native Americans. Why do you think so many Native Americans have Spanish names?

Look at our culture(American). 15-20 years ago, everybody was Blonde and/or White on TV. It wasn't until recently you started seeing more minorities on television in America.
Just the way it is. White controls the world, White is upheld as the vision of beauty.
And you also hold a very narrow concept of what a Mestizo looks like. Your race-obsessed mind should by now realize that Mestizos come in many different shades. I doubt there aren't a few if more people on those sets that have Indian blood in them. I don't know why you insist on the White supremacy of an entire country based on what they show on television.

And you talk about all of these supposed tensions between groups and the Hispanic community, you are clearly not just talking about illegals.
Think about it: 20+ years ago, the USA was about 75+% White.

As for non Nordic White actors:

Desi Arnaz (OK, he would be Hispanic today-------50 years ago he counted as White)
Ricardo Montaban (refer to above)
Ida Lupino
Victor Mature
Anette Funicello
Frank Sinatra
Dean Martin

Etc.

As for Blacks: they have come a long ways in just the last 30 years between the end of the Jim Crow laws and that 'race' taking responsibility for itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration