U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 11:14 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,669,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
And again, I reiterate, I do NOT want my tax dollars spent on death, death and more death. Give me an Andrade with a baby and I will happily fork over my tax dollars as opposed to blowing to bits some poor little Iraqi baby.
I have a problem with Bush as well-------we should have taken out Iran instead if we were going to 'clean house' in the Middle East.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 11:17 PM

4,247 posts, read 9,167,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have a problem with Bush as well-------we should have taken out Iran instead if we were going to 'clean house' in the Middle East.
Sigh. I can only hope that someday you can appreciate the horrors of those people living over there who did not do a damn thing to us. But I will not digress. It just makes me sad. Hard to believe you EVER had a bleeding heart. Did the sun here fry it permanently?

Old 07-10-2008, 01:16 AM

219 posts, read 378,855 times
Quote:
And again, I reiterate, I do NOT want my tax dollars spent on death, death and more death. Give me an Andrade with a baby and I will happily fork over my tax dollars as opposed to blowing to bits some poor little Iraqi baby.
I can see wanting to help this person with your own money or donations that is nice for YOU to do but don't get my tax dollars involved in it. And I don't think the government differentiates the two.
I did not know our taxes were being used to blow up babies. Who knew????

Old 07-10-2008, 02:42 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,003,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
I WASN'T AFRAID AT ALL’: Sandra Andrade, an illegal immigrant, holds her son Santiago. “I’d always heard that pregnant women are treated well here,” she said. Andrade’s son spent 10 days in an incubator at a cost of about $3,000 a day.

I bet she "heard" that pregnant women were treated well here. That is why she is here! The boy spent 10 days in the incubator at $3,000/day! That is $30,000 and does not even include the rest of her bill Physician, room, supplies, etc.!!!!!!! What???????

She'd been without private insurance since the premiums became too costly.

I bet she had private insurance. BS!!!!!! She had to lose insurance because it become to expensive *tears rolling down my cheeks* here they go trying to pursuade readers we need socialized health care!
Wow, a post-illegal immigration America has made you cold!

Old 07-10-2008, 02:48 AM

219 posts, read 378,855 times
Me? Cold? naw
AMC I just cannot believe that article! At the end a lady said the hospital handed her a $45,000 bill and she said "I don't have that kind of money" but neither do I and I have to pay my bills and I am faaar from rich. It makes me angry. I work hard, go to school, take care of my family and her too I guess. I don't even know her!

Old 07-10-2008, 06:42 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,184,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
Me? Cold? naw
AMC I just cannot believe that article! At the end a lady said the hospital handed her a $45,000 bill and she said "I don't have that kind of money" but neither do I and I have to pay my bills and I am faaar from rich. It makes me angry. I work hard, go to school, take care of my family and her too I guess. I don't even know her!
And you are an American Citizen but the illegal gets off free and you would be placed into collections if you could not pay your bill.

Yes isn't it just wonderful working hard to pay for our own families and then also paying for lawbreakers who have no right to be here?

Old 07-10-2008, 06:50 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,184,908 times
Quote:
Well I for one-regardless of whether I agree with war or not have no problem with my tax dollars going to protect, feed and cloth our US soldiers as they are America's true heros. They are there under order of the US government and whether one agrees with this war or not is besides the point. They deserve whatever they need to protect themselves and be safe. I would much prefer my $$ go to them as they are Americans and following orders and put their life on the line for this country-regardless if one believes in the reason that they are there. I want NONE of my $$ going to illegals or their anchors. Illegals deserve nothing but a one way ticket HOME.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:58 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,669,573 times
Quote:
Sigh. I can only hope that someday you can appreciate the horrors of those people living over there who did not do a damn thing to us. But I will not digress. It just makes me sad. Hard to believe you EVER had a bleeding heart. Did the sun here fry it permanently?
FYI:

When a alleged 'Liberal' decides that a bunch of lawbreakers (illegal immigrants) who tend to commit masses of Felonies (identiy theft comes to mind) are more important that Americans-------yes my heart grows cold------to both the above group and especially towards their enablers. Next statement?

Old 07-10-2008, 10:43 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,717,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Wow, a post-illegal immigration America has made you cold!

Here we have a woman who reportedly could not afford health insurance because the premiums were too costly. She already has at least two kids.

Quote:
"I wasn't afraid at all," said Andrade, who came to the United States with her daughters on a tourist visa and stayed here with her boyfriend after it expired. "I'd always heard that pregnant women are treated well here."
If she does not have enough money to pay for health insurance, why is she having another kid? Clearly, this woman either has no comprehension of what it costs to raise a child .......or she does not care! Why should she? Let the gringo pay for it! I am tired of this nonsense. If she lacks the mental horsepower necessary to figure out that raising a child is going to cost alot more than the insurance premiums she cannot afford, this is hardly the type of person we should be granting citizenship to. Furthermore, if her attitude is 'let someone else pay for it', this is also not the type of person we should be granting citizenship to.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:56 AM

3,793 posts, read 7,252,534 times
She most likely had this anchor baby so she could stay in the country. Regardless of the reasons, she is just one example of irresponsible, leeching illegals who know how take advantage of our broken system of law.

Last edited by davidt1; 07-10-2008 at 11:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration