U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 03:53 AM

32,888 posts, read 30,138,774 times

Advertisements

Build it, make it free and they shall come. In wave after relentless broken moral compass wave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 10:30 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,092,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
She most likely had this anchor baby so she could stay in the country. Regardless of the reasons, she is just one example of irresponsible, leeching illegals who know how take advantage of our broken system of law.
remember, she cannot take what is freely given. You denouce her as a leech...Someone is suppling the "Blood".

Old 10-06-2010, 10:38 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,164,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
remember, she cannot take what is freely given. You denouce her as a leech...Someone is suppling the "Blood".
True, so far congress has been too PC to do the right thing and bring forth legislation that would change birthright citizenship, however these illegal alien women know how to work or defunct system and they do.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:53 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,831,384 times
Quote:
In other words, the fact that we have services and benefits to assist needy citizens, entitles freeloaders who are in this country illegally the right to exploit our generosity. That speaks volumes.

You are also ignoring the fact that these women would not be entitled to welfare without first creating a situation whereby they could avail themselves of tax-funded benefits and services. They are scamming the system, period. That is the mindset of the morally bankrupt.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:40 PM

40 posts, read 72,083 times
Nicolem: "They are there under order of the US government and whether one agrees with this war or not is besides the point. They deserve whatever they need to protect themselves and be safe. I would much prefer my $$ go to them as they are Americans and following orders and put their life on the line for this country-regardless if one believes in the reason that they are there. I want NONE of my $$ going to illegals or their anchors. Illegals deserve nothing but a one way ticket HOME."

You seem to want it both ways. When you are in agreement with U.S. policies and the monies spent you say "they are following orders" yet when you disagree you do not recognize the right of your government to decide how to handle immigration or possible amnesty which is also the right of your government.

Are you aware of the fact that many Americans from Mexico (also part of North America, just cuz this country had the brilliant idea to name themselves afte the continent does not deny the rest of it's citizens from being called as such) and other South American countries are enlisting in the armed forces and are currently fighting for your country in exchange for citizenship?

Movin On: "Well I am a nordic, white Swede - 100%. Just today I helped someone by the name of Andrade with food and clothes. Yes, it's not an ideal world, but compared to what I am forced to spend my tax dollars on (death, death and more death), I choose to feed someone who has an anchor baby."

"And again, I reiterate, I do NOT want my tax dollars spent on death, death and more death. Give me an Andrade with a baby and I will happily fork over my tax dollars as opposed to blowing to bits some poor little Iraqi baby."

Muchas gracias.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:52 PM

But what is the point of calling Mexicans and the citizens of other countries north and south of us on this continent, "Americans"? Most everyone in the world refers to themselves by the country they are a citizen of and not the continent they live on. I am not sure how calling U.S. citizens exclusively as being Americans came about but that is the common and accepted identifying word for them. Calling other citizens on this continent by the same name is just confusing and not identifying them from U.S. citizens. Personally, I think those who do this are just trying to claim rights to this country when do not have them.

One cannot join our military if they are not here legally in the first place. It is against the law. An illegal cannot join the military in exchange for citizenship.

As for who makes immigration decisions, yes it is our congressmen who do that but that doesn't mean we cannot object to certain policies by our voices and votes.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:29 PM

32,888 posts, read 30,138,774 times
Quote:
Really?

Is there some new Govt agency forcing them to sign up against their will? Forcing them to get their kids on the bus, sign up for free meals, pushing them into the ER, buying a car and holding them to the task of driving? Does someone go door to door to make sure they make it to the WIC office? Forcing people to take fake documents and ss#'s? Forcing them? Really?

What is this new Govt agency called?

Old 10-06-2010, 05:17 PM

40 posts, read 72,083 times
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

“But what is the point of calling Mexicans and the citizens of other countries north and south of us on this continent, "Americans"?” Now you’re just toying with me.

“Most everyone in the world refers to themselves by the country they are a citizen of and not the continent they live on.” Europeans regularly refer to themselves as Europeans as well as from their respective countries of origin. We are people of many nations, but collectively in everyday conversation, in songs, poetry, books etc., we, the Hispanics of this hemisphere, call ourselves Americans. Your ignorance on this matter does not negate the appropriate usage of this continental designation. Amerigo Vespucci is turning in his grave.

“Personally, I think those who do this are just trying to claim rights to this country when do not have them.” Au contraire amigo.

”One cannot join our military if they are not here legally in the first place. It is against the law. An illegal cannot join the military in exchange for citizenship.”

Reread what I wrote, I said “Hispanics….enlisting in the armed forces and are currently fighting for your country in exchange for citizenship” I did not say they were illegal. There are many people here legally that are not citizens. Some have filled out paperwork and paid fees but are left waiting in an immigration backlog that can take years to process. There are many types of immigration statuses other than citizen yet legal to stay in the country, they include permanent residents (green card holders), legal immigrants with temporary visas and many, many more.

Regarding military service, there are thousands of Hispanics becoming citizens in this matter, who were in this country legally but non-citizens, then join the military (after background/criminal record checks) and are fast tracked to citizenship. On Spanish speaking news programs in the U.S. there has been much talk lately about the U.S. government needing much larger numbers of these immigrants. With the American forces spreading themselves too thin and not enough red-blooded American volunteers something has to give. Comprende?

Old 10-06-2010, 05:21 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,967,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
One cannot join our military if they are not here legally in the first place. It is against the law. An illegal cannot join the military in exchange for citizenship.
I seem to recall back in the 60s & 70s that the US military was accepting Australians (living in Oz, not in the USA). From memory I think there were certain MOS they couldn't be in, like Intelligence for one.

I do know a friend of mine who was Aussie Army joined up, but I don't recall the details. Maybe it was some deal to do with the USA bases in Australia.

Last edited by Opyelie; 10-06-2010 at 05:33 PM..

Old 10-06-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobear71 View Post
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

“But what is the point of calling Mexicans and the citizens of other countries north and south of us on this continent, "Americans"?” Now you’re just toying with me.

“Most everyone in the world refers to themselves by the country they are a citizen of and not the continent they live on.” Europeans regularly refer to themselves as Europeans as well as from their respective countries of origin. We are people of many nations, but collectively in everyday conversation, in songs, poetry, books etc., we, the Hispanics of this hemisphere, call ourselves Americans. Your ignorance on this matter does not negate the appropriate usage of this continental designation. Amerigo Vespucci is turning in his grave.

“Personally, I think those who do this are just trying to claim rights to this country when do not have them.” Au contraire amigo.

”One cannot join our military if they are not here legally in the first place. It is against the law. An illegal cannot join the military in exchange for citizenship.”

Reread what I wrote, I said “Hispanics….enlisting in the armed forces and are currently fighting for your country in exchange for citizenship” I did not say they were illegal. There are many people here legally that are not citizens. Some have filled out paperwork and paid fees but are left waiting in an immigration backlog that can take years to process. There are many types of immigration statuses other than citizen yet legal to stay in the country, they include permanent residents (green card holders), legal immigrants with temporary visas and many, many more.

Regarding military service, there are thousands of Hispanics becoming citizens in this matter, who were in this country legally but non-citizens, then join the military (after background/criminal record checks) and are fast tracked to citizenship. On Spanish speaking news programs in the U.S. there has been much talk lately about the U.S. government needing much larger numbers of these immigrants. With the American forces spreading themselves too thin and not enough red-blooded American volunteers something has to give. Comprende?
So most citizens of Mexico and other Latino countries call themselves Americans? Now who is toying with who here? So what was your point of saying that many Hispanics who are non-citizens but here legally are serving in our military then? We have whites, blacks, asians, etc. that have enlisted in our military also. Tell us something we don't know. I have no problem with anyone here legally that joins our military. Comprende?

Last I heard and I believe it was on this forum is that there is a waiting list to join the military now as there is no shortage of enlistees anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration