U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 09:18 AM

2,625 posts, read 10,050,046 times

Advertisements

What if we threw out all the illegal immigrants? - MSN Money
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 09:35 AM

729 posts, read 1,770,214 times
Are Americans are NOT willing to do these jobs. Who went to New Orleans to clean it up and rebuild it? The mexican man went, that is, he was the majority that went.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth from ELP View Post
Are Americans are NOT willing to do these jobs. Who went to New Orleans to clean it up and rebuild it? The mexican man went, that is, he was the majority that went.

Thank you!!!! Smooth, exactly, Mexican people went over there took the jobs to rebuild N.O. Not even the locals, wanted those jobs! I would think, that if you wanted the city to come back to life, you get up of your a*s, and do something about it! Then again, nobodys willing to do those jobs for 6 or 7 dollars an hour, i bet then nobody complains about illegals right?

Old 07-09-2008, 09:55 AM

Nobody complains about the illegals doing crap jobs. So I truly believe that article is right on the money. But I also think that the illegals pay taxes and become legalized citizens too. I guess it is a "catch22" cause once they get Americanized then they will want a raise too.....LOL!!

Old 07-09-2008, 10:21 AM

Nobody complains about the illegals doing crap jobs.Yes they do complain, everybodys is like ,"illegals drive down wages" etc etc, & to a certain extent they do, but the bottom line, is that its all about smart business. If you need some work done, and you can find somebody to do the job, for half of what a big corporation would charge, what would you do. I read an article a while back, that 50% of young african americans in urban america would rather take chances at being "ghetto pharmacist" than work at a mcdonalds or burger king. The majority of mexicans young & old, dont care where they work, if theirs an oppurtunity to make more money than the slave wages of mexico, hey were there!

Old 07-09-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Nobody complains about the illegals doing crap jobs.

Yes they do complain, everybodys is like ,"illegals drive down wages" etc etc, & to a certain extent they do, but the bottom line, is that its all about smart business. If you need some work done, and you can find somebody to do the job, for half of what a big corporation would charge, what would you do. I read an article a while back, that 50% of young african americans in urban america would rather take chances at being "ghetto pharmacist" than work at a mcdonalds or burger king. The majority of mexicans young & old, dont care where they work, if theirs an oppurtunity to make more money than the slave wages of mexico, hey were there!
roger that. stand corrected.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:58 PM

5,402 posts, read 12,179,859 times
You also have to remember that Louisiana is a welfare state, it's staggering. Many of the people who don't want to work choose the welfare life than working. Another word for it is laziness. Sheer laziness. (And don't get me started on what those refugees who came to Houston did... I have nightmare stories you would not believe!)

The point of getting the lowest bidder, per say, is true, but it is illegal to hire people who are not authorized to work. The employeers are the cheap ones here. Any job is not inherently low paying; greed, to a large extent, is what makes a job low paying. Also supply and demand. A job, and an endless supply of workers to take the job for the lowest pay.

I agree with the idea of the article in general; in order to get better paying jobs, get rid of the illegal hiring (aka illegal immigration). Sure things may cost more, but those cheap employers will be forced to offer more money for the job. As long as there are people willing to do a job for half the cost, the pay in those fields will never go up significantly.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:29 PM

11,215 posts, read 7,605,444 times
Illegals are just that, ILLEGALS and don't belong here.
A huge #of prisoners are ILLEGALS. Not all pick crops and are family men.
Many deal drugs and are in gangs.
If the illegals want to be here, then they should get in line, learn english and obey the laws.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:35 PM

11,215 posts, read 7,605,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Nobody complains about the illegals doing crap jobs.

Yes they do complain, everybodys is like ,"illegals drive down wages" etc etc, & to a certain extent they do, but the bottom line, is that its all about smart business. If you need some work done, and you can find somebody to do the job, for half of what a big corporation would charge, what would you do. I read an article a while back, that 50% of young african americans in urban america would rather take chances at being "ghetto pharmacist" than work at a mcdonalds or burger king. The majority of mexicans young & old, dont care where they work, if theirs an oppurtunity to make more money than the slave wages of mexico, hey were there!
Such a pro-hispanic and anti-black statement.
And yes, "we're there" with no regards to a country's laws, values and tradition.
Illegals need to take of their own business first in their country before they even start to critisize or even think that they have a better way to show us stupid gringos in the US, or at least that is how many think. And yes granted, many are here for hard work, but many more are unappreciative and full of mexican propaganda.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:06 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times
Quote:
9 out of 120 day laborers found work that day
This is a sad statistic coming from a tax funded day-labor center in Herndon Va. Seems like there is more day laborers than there is jobs.

http://video.msn.com/v/us/Money.htm?...DayLabor&p=&fg=
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or