U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 09:36 AM

1,507 posts, read 2,769,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
How exactly do we go about getting them out of your country? Do police officers start knocking on doors 'looking' for illegal aliens? Do we begin to use random traffic stops or even resort to racial profiling?

We understand that illegal immigration is a problem.. everyone can and should agree on that. The problem is that of the 300 million Americans complaining about it, no one has publicized a fitting solution.
There is an easy and effective way to do this. It is called attrition. So here is the plan.

1. Change the constition so that in order to be a citizen of the U.S. one or both of parents must already be citizens. No more anchor babies.

2. Make it federal law that no criminal alien can recieve any kind of welfare assistance from the government.

3. Make it felony to knowingly hire or conduct any kind of trade or commerce with criminal aliens, punishable with steep fines and mandatory jail time.

Once you have these in effect the criminal aliens will self-deport when they are unable to find a job, rent a house, buy a car, etc.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:51 AM

1,697 posts, read 2,958,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
To label an illegal immigrant solely as a criminal is not right. If we do that, we should call every U.S. Citizen who breaks the law "a criminal."
dusesean, Iím having a little problem with this statement. ďIf we do that, we should call every U.S. Citizen who breaks the law "a criminal." ď
What would you call someone who breaks the law?

Old 01-18-2007, 10:16 AM

1,700 posts, read 4,465,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
dusesean, Iím having a little problem with this statement. ďIf we do that, we should call every U.S. Citizen who breaks the law "a criminal." ď
For the ones who are U.S. Citizens...
Would you deny them every service? Would you continously permanently label them a criminal? Would you purposefully deny them jobs and healthcare?...Just as you would an illegal immigrant

Old 01-18-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
And no, responding with "deport them all!!!!!" .
The person who began the thread has spoken.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:34 AM

250 posts, read 376,231 times
Quote:
The person who began the thread has spoken.
Chuckle. I think the constitution overrules Amavel. Not to be mean but if you don't want to listen to a person's opinion then just ignore them. Also, I would respect and help the Mexicans if they were in Mexico. If their lives are so bad, which I'm not saying they aren't, then they should take charge and fight their government, not come here and drain us until we are just like Mexico. They might not have any guns and all that but there are other ways of fighting. Countries have coups all the time. They should have one in Mexico, not just accept their life and come here to do us harm. It's not OK to come here just because we're richer than they are. Just like the guy said about Donald Trump, being poorer than someone doesn't give you the right to take from them.

I'm thinking the only thing that will create border security is for another 9/11 to happen where it can be documented that the terrorists came through the Mexican border. Then maybe something will happen, but knowing Bush, nothing will.

And if you think it's a good idea for these Mexicans to become citizens is a good thing for us OR them, you're kidding yourself. The only reason they are here is because of the need of Big Business for CHEAP labor. Once they are legalized they will no longer be cheap. Big Business will be require to pay them the same as any American. This will just make more companies move completely to the cheap labor found in Indonesia, Cambodia, etc. And now the US will be stuck with millions of uneducated, language-divided, and skill-less people to pay for. Not to mention their large families. It's a proven fact that developing world nations have high birth rates because so many kids die. So these people come from a world where it is normal and expected to have 3+ kids. So we have these millions and their millions upon millions of kids that these parents can't afford.

Did it ever occur to you that this chasing of cheap labor is a cycle? As we go to other nations and use their people as cheap labor these people eventually get wise and say "Hey! We want some more money!" Even if that's 2 dollars an hour versus 1 dollar, eventually this cost cuts into the bottom line profit of companies enough that the people no longer become cost effective to use... So companies move to the next place. And the same thing happens. Now what's happening in the US? Illegals are draining our economy, making it harder and harder for the average and poorer American to sustain a decent standard of living. And before you know it, if we allow this to go on, Americans will be the cheap labor! We'll be Mexico: a rich ruling class and a slave class.

Why do you think Bush is making it so hard on the middle class to live? Because he doesn't want a middle class. He wants a rich class and a poor class. The poor class will serve the rich class' ends. You might not want to believe this could ever happen in the land of the American Dream but it can, and it will if nothing is done. If we legalize them now, we set a precedent and what's to stop every single lazy person unhappy with their lives from coming to the US and claiming citizenship even though they don't have any skills worth noting or even desired? And I say lazy because I believe in the ability to change your government and way of life, not because I think they are lazy workers (though I'm sure a lot are). Interestingly, Mexican companies aren't hiring Mexicans anymore because "They're lazy. They don't show up for work." I'll get the citation after my next class for you. So instead the Mexican companies hire illegals from Guatemala and Honduras. See the cycle?

Old 01-18-2007, 11:39 AM

1,697 posts, read 2,958,614 times
Quote:
For the ones who are U.S. Citizens...
Would you deny them every service? Would you continously permanently label them a criminal? Would you purposefully deny them jobs and healthcare?...Just as you would an illegal immigrant
Apparently, dusesean, you are unable or un-willing to answer a simple question, however I donít mind answering yours.

Would you deny them every service? I would only deny services that the average US citizen would be denied. For the most part that would be all the services that they now receive.
Would you continously permanently label them a criminal? As long as they remain here illegally, yes I would.
Would you purposefully deny them jobs and healthcare? The only way they can get jobs is to lie about their legal status. They have to obtain a SSI number, or tax ID in order to work in the US. To do this they have provide fake documents. Free health care should be only available for qualifying LEGAL CITIZENS. So the answer is yes I would deny both, jobs and healthcare for anyone in the US illegally.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:42 AM

250 posts, read 376,231 times
One last thing, to all of you who agree with me. We CANNOT think about this in terms of "Where can I move to get away from them?" Apathy and avoidance is an increasingly pervasive theme in American lives today. As is helplessness. I say now that the only way to affect change is to rally ourselves under one banner, as they say, and take our fight seriously. It's great that we're talking about this, but until we make it clear to the government what our stand is and that we're serious, we'll never get anything done but have good conversations!

I see a lot of protesters and all that and it really disturbs me that most are older and from the generation of the 60s. I wonder if that's the majority of the people on the anti-illegal side of things. It'd be scary because, no offense, the government can wait all of us out to a point where we will no longer be able to effect change. And if the majority will lose their effectiveness in ~20 (at best) years... Well. I don't see much of a change in our future for the good.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:43 AM

173 posts, read 283,202 times
My heart goes out to the MILLIONS of people (including Mexicans by the way) from all countries who are waiting in line to become legal immigrant AMERICANS, while these illegal aliens from Mexico shove them out of the way, saying to he// with America's immigration laws, I want, what I want, and I want it NOW!

We can blame our fellow citizens, who are allowing our corrupt government, to knowingly allow these illegal aliens to come here and be the new SLAVES for the rich!

As was mentioned before, attrition is the answer. Following the laws that are already on the books, will solve the problem.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:44 AM

Kiru as I respect your opinion, as well as every differing view. I believe someone in New Jersey, and someone in California could have very differing views. Why? I said some, not all. Because non-Latinos in California can have a much easier time getting acquainted with Latinos because of the much higher high population levels than say New Jersey. It gives us non-latino folks the ability to interact with them and understand their common culture beliefs of a hard work ethic and latino people being completely united between two countries. They help explain the many struggles from their homeland poverty to the U.S..

Old 01-18-2007, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
dusesean, I’m having a little problem with this statement. “If we do that, we should call every U.S. Citizen who breaks the law "a criminal." “
The labeling an illegal a criminal, goes beyond the label. That's why my last reply referred to basic treatment of an illegal immigrant, which many angry folks believe they should not receive, because they are deemed criminal status. The same criminal status should be labeled for U.S. citizen criminals who have broken the law, if this in fact is their theory. Hopefully I was able to answer your question.

Last edited by dusesean1986; 01-18-2007 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: add
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration