U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 11:59 PM

3,151 posts, read 5,189,449 times

Advertisements

Kiru, he means undocumented and not breaking OTHER laws.

The feds often go after specific illegal immigrants who break other laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
Since when is it UNFAIR to label ILLEGAL aliens as criminals?
il·le·gal /ɪˈligəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[i-lee-guhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. forbidden by law or statute.

Ok, so now we know that the meaning of illegal is to be forbidden by law. Now let's look at the definition of criminal:
crim·i·nal /ˈkrɪmənl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[krim-uh-nl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. of the nature of or involving crime.

Ok... so finally, what is crime?

crime (krīm) Pronunciation Key
n.
An act committed or omitted in violation of a law

Therefore, if you are illegal: have done something that is against the law, then you have committed a crime: an act against the law. Therefore, you are a criminal: in violation of the law.

But you know, I see what you're saying about calling them illegal. It's techinically incorrect. From now on I'll be calling them criminal aliens!

And just for fun, let's look up the correct term: alien.
al·ien /ˈeɪlyən, ˈeɪliən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[eyl-yuhn, ey-lee-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a resident born in or belonging to another country who has not acquired citizenship by naturalization (distinguished from citizen).

Add on the adjective of illegal and you get the full description: a reident born in or belonging to another nation who does not have citizenship and has arrived here against the law!

And if you think these poor little illegal "immigrants" are just innocent bystanders and we're being too harsh, check out this video of a border state pro-legalization protest. They don't look harmless to me!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6iMuwv5nr40

There's another one that I can't find at the moment because I need to go to class. But it shows an antii-legalization protester walking to his groups area dragging the Mexican flag on the ground. The pro-legalization side harasses him, steps on the flag, calls him racist, and needs police intervention so the guy could keep walking. Since when is it illegal or racist to drag the Mexican flag on the ground? We can do the same to the American flag if we wanted to. And if these illegals want to be here so bad then why are they protesting it? They should be loving our flag, not theirs. Our flag should be their flag if they really want to be in the US.

I'll see if I can find that vid later.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:07 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,044,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
Let's completely disregard Jim280 on this thread and get back to halfway intelligent discussion.
Go ahead, who the hell wants to associate with someone who believes in harboring criminals anyway. You want hurt my feelings, I promise.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:17 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,044,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
Sweet, let's completely disregard all human rights. While we're at it, let's treat all prisoners as animals simply because 'a lot' of crime these days is commited inhumanely.

As Mr. Powers would say, throw me a freakin bone!

Sorry, I'm fresh out of bones but I'll save one from my next pork chop.

Old 01-23-2007, 07:38 AM

10,010 posts, read 12,233,479 times
When an illegal commits a crime against them, as in smashing into their car drunk with no license or insurance sending two kids to the hospital, leaving you with the bills, we will hear a different story. We punish those americans that do these things, but these illegals all to often get off with deportation or nothing (ooooooh what a punishment) they just come back!!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2007, 10:31 AM

27 posts, read 74,875 times
I say deport them all.
Too Harsh? Too Radical?
So?

Illegals, Not just Mexicans, but any illegal needs to be deported.

Illegals have no respect for this country or they would try to get a Visa. Work Visa, School Visa. But no, They would rather break into our country and sneak around in the dark.

Then they ask for... Sorry, They demand FREE Health Care, FREE Welfare.
Who are they to demand for anything?

If an illegal hits my car, the police would show up and let them go because they have no license and no insurance because they're illegal.

But my insurance will go up because of this incident even if it wasn't my fault.

I know this for a fact because I was stopped at a stop light and I got rear ended by a illegal and the cop let him go. My insurance went up.

Anyways, This time of year, Tax Time, has to be the best time to find illegals living in the US.
The IRS could the biggest tool in combating Illegal immigrants

They share Social Security Numbers. How can Juan Gonzales work 7 full time jobs for 12 months? He must've made $200,000 off those 7 jobs, maybe more.

They might buy a SS#. I'm sorry, but Maria Reyes died 5 years ago, How did she work 2 jobs this year?

Or they steal identities and SS#. How does Bob Johnson work in Durham, N.C. all year and work in Miami, FL all year?

If they get paid under the table, then you can't track it.

There needs to be stiff fines and penalties for employing illegals.
Make employers think twice about hiring them.

If the police actually find an illegal commiting a crime... Any Crime, Arrest them. Deport them.

There should be a convoy leaving the US headed for Mexico every 12 hours dropping off illegals.

There should be 747 headed to where ever else illegals come from.

I don't have a problem with immigrants. They abide by the law and apply for visas.
I have a problem with illegals that sneak across the borders in the dead of night.

Old 01-23-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffydogg View Post
I say deport them all.
Too Harsh? Too Radical?
So?

Illegals, Not just Mexicans, but any illegal needs to be deported.

Illegals have no respect for this country or they would try to get a Visa. Work Visa, School Visa. But no, They would rather break into our country and sneak around in the dark.

[...]

I agree completely!!!!!! It isnt the immigrants it is the illegals that are a problem. I dont care how hard it is to get legal, it is the right and respectful thing to do.

Last edited by Yac; 01-24-2007 at 01:17 PM..

Old 01-23-2007, 01:10 PM

Europe doesnt seem to be having a problem getting tough, why do we?

On January 1, a new law went into effect in Germany -- home to around 7.3 million foreigners, at least 500,000 of them illegal -- that aims both at attracting highly-skilled workers and deporting those without valid papers.

Austria, considered to have one of the most restrictive asylum laws in Europe, also passed legislation in March, authorizing the force-feeding of hunger-striking asylum seekers and stiffer penalties for bogus marriages.

In the UK, where immigration emerged as a key issue in the May 5 election that saw Prime Minister Tony Blair win a third term in office, efforts have focused on keeping illegal migrants out from the start, thereby reducing the number of asylum requests. A 2002 law authorized police to search companies for illegal workers, and Blair's Labour party has promised to reinforce border controls. The British government has also pledged to put in place a system of "points" similar to those used by Australia and Canada, under which immigrants would be granted entry based on their usefulness to the national economy.

Scandinavia has traditionally been very strict on the issue of immigration, while in Italy, a law passed in 2002 deals with the expulsion of illegal immigrants and provides tougher penalties for law breakers. Only those foreigners with a valid work contract are offered Italian residence permits under the new legislation

Old 01-23-2007, 02:55 PM

1,392 posts, read 1,872,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
Sorry, I'm fresh out of bones but I'll save one from my next pork chop.

Jim280, Don't you know you can't sit down and talk to a liberal....Only THEY know what is good for us and our children....I know many times I have heard them say "We need to let that killer out of prison, he wont kill again."
They need to tell that to Polly Klass...

Old 01-23-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
Sweet, let's completely disregard all human rights. While we're at it, let's treat all prisoners as animals simply because 'a lot' of crime these days is commited inhumanely.

As Mr. Powers would say, throw me a freakin bone!
Explain to me Mr./Ms. liberal how deporting someone back to their home is inhumane ? This is not a human rights issue, it's the invading of The United States issue...Did I misread something, they (illegals) are prisoners?

[mod cut]

Last edited by Yac; 01-24-2007 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: unnecessary

Old 01-23-2007, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
Just worth a second read. Awesome!

It is precisely because of what's stated here that we must move on to another level of discussion. "Rounding them up," as texanborn put it, (though we are talking about men, women and children and not cattle) and "deport them" is beyond this country's abilities at this point.

How did cattle get into this ? "Rounding them up," were not my words, they were Ikes.

""deport them" is beyond this country's abilities at this point."'Words from the mouth of a true liberal....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration