U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2008, 07:08 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
Don't think much of anyone who considers themselves any kind of hyphenated American. One is either an American or they are not. This idiot PC stuff of being Polich-American or Mexican-American or any other PC American is nothing but a way to further divide us and only idiots can not see that fact.
No joke there.

There ain't no stinkin' hyphens before my ethnicity------which is 'American'.

Before a Latino or anybody else goes off saying I am halfcocked------my comeback is that a citizen of Mexico is a Mexican, pure and simple whether his name is Jose Martinez or David Johansen (yes, there is a real Mexican with that Sandinavian name).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 08:46 AM

300 posts, read 482,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
No joke there.

Before a Latino or anybody else goes off saying I am halfcocked------my comeback is that a citizen of Mexico is a Mexican, pure and simple whether his name is Jose Martinez or David Johansen (yes, there is a real Mexican with that Sandinavian name).
Agree with you completely, which is another reason I am against dual citizenship.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:55 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,969,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
Agree with you completely, which is another reason I am against dual citizenship.
As far as I understand, the U.S. does not recognize dual citizenship. So, someone can be a citizen of the U.S. (supposedly giving up loyalty to any other nation), and another country, but only that other country recognizes it. WE see them only as a U.S. citizen.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:29 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,822,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
The relationship is the reaction you gave to both comments, when you know its true. FACT is, most African-Americans have been here for so long, and mostly against their will, it would be kind of hard to trace ancestry back to Africa. Why you take so much offense to that? I have no idea.
And FACT is, many Mexican-American's have recently immigrated(last 60 or 50 years or so to present.). And not to mention America is connected to Mexico. So of course we are going to have stronger family ties to the "old country" or whatever.

And how was I comparing my life to prim? We were talking on how we relate to immigrants. If Africans suddenly immigrated to America, its unlikely African Americans will feel a strong tie. In fact, they don't with the African immigrants that ARE here.

Are you just arguing for the sake of it?

Youre going way off on this one ,Benicar. Some truce, youre pretty much trolling.
If the following comments aren’t referring to your personal experience, who pray tell is I and MY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760
And a Black person in America seeing some kind of connection with an African is way different than say my connection to people in Mexico. I have family in Mexico, and am in regular contact with them. There is a deeper connection. You can't compare the connections.
Now I’m a “troll"???

C’mon, you can do better than that, can’t you? You’re really beginning to lose it, and some of your recent posts are glaring indications. I’m not your enemy, amc. Internal conflict tends to be a formidable opponent. Perhaps a little introspection will help you reconcile your turmoil. Seriously, are you getting enough rest?

The mature response would have been to admit that you “assumed” wrong. Prim indicated she does in fact have connections to Africa. Therefore, the mature response would have been to simply acknowledge your gaffe by stating, “I stand corrected.” End of discussion.

It’s the “little” things that exemplify one’s character; and the inability to admit fault, speaks volumes.

The fact that I called a “truce” by no means implied I would agree with you. It simply meant we could move forward…..bury the proverbial hatchet…..agree to disagree. We have vastly differing opinions; we are going to disagree. That’s the nature of the beast.

We’re serving 100% whole milk here. If your diet requires Similac, or you’re lactose intolerant……don’t drink. If you want to preach to the choir and post where they ban all illegal alien opposition, perhaps you’d feel more comfortable with the “Dreamies” at the Dreamland forum. Frankly, I would think it would be rather boring.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:02 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,901,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If the following comments aren’t referring to your personal experience, who pray tell is I and MY?

Now I’m a “troll"???

C’mon, you can do better than that, can’t you? You’re really beginning to lose it, and some of your recent posts are glaring indications. I’m not your enemy, amc. Internal conflict tends to be a formidable opponent. Perhaps a little introspection will help you reconcile your turmoil. Seriously, are you getting enough rest?

The mature response would have been to admit that you “assumed” wrong. Prim indicated she does in fact have connections to Africa. Therefore, the mature response would have been to simply acknowledge your gaffe by stating, “I stand corrected.” End of discussion.

It’s the “little” things that exemplify one’s character; and the inability to admit fault, speaks volumes.

The fact that I called a “truce” by no means implied I would agree with you. It simply meant we could move forward…..bury the proverbial hatchet…..agree to disagree. We have vastly differing opinions; we are going to disagree. That’s the nature of the beast.

We’re serving 100% whole milk here. If your diet requires Similac, or you’re lactose intolerant……don’t drink. If you want to preach to the choir and post where they ban all illegal alien opposition, perhaps you’d feel more comfortable with the “Dreamies” at the Dreamland forum. Frankly, I would think it would be rather boring.
There he/she goes again . . calling names and twisting the words of others to suit his/her agenda. I agree AMC needs to set up camp there. The Dreamland forum would be far more comfortable with zero opposition to boot.

In Dreamland, they even mimic a certain illegal alien opposition group (pretending they hate them in realitythey admire them. So much so they mimick every move they make) my favorite? and I quote: "LET'S ROLL PATRIOTS" . . . .

While I question the sanity of a bunch of illegal aliens considering themselves "American patriots" the hysterical giggle it creates never gets old. Whenever I'm having a rough day, I surf over to the Dreamland board to read (because any opposition to their lunacy gets you banned)and LMAO.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 07-14-2008 at 01:10 PM..

Old 07-14-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
There he/she goes again . . calling names and twisting the words of others to suit his/her agenda. I agree AMC needs to set up camp there. The Dreamland forum would be far more comfortable with zero opposition to boot.

In Dreamland, they even mimic a certain illegal alien opposition group (pretending they hate them in realitythey admire them. So much so they mimick every move they make) my favorite? and I quote: "LET'S ROLL PATRIOTS" . . . .

While I question the sanity of a bunch of illegal aliens considering themselves "American patriots" the hysterical giggle it creates never gets old. Whenever I'm having a rough day, I surf over to the Dreamland board to read (because any opposition to their lunacy gets you banned)and LMAO.
Yep, there’s no shortage of Kool-Aid over there, that’s for sure.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:38 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,998,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
No joke there.

What about Chinese-Mexicans? or Lebanese-Mexicans?

Old 07-14-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Now I’m a “troll"???

1. I was using myself as an EXAMPLE.
2. Prim has family doing missionary work over there.

100 percent milk? I'd say 30 percent facts, and 70 percent opinion derived from those facts. Most of the stuff I say is opinion based on personal experience. Don't assume you are always right.
And you are borderline trolling at certain points.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

I feel your pain!

Old 07-14-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
1. I was using myself as an EXAMPLE.
2. Prim has family doing missionary work over there.

100 percent milk? I'd say 30 percent facts, and 70 percent opinion derived from those facts. Most of the stuff I say is opinion based on personal experience. Don't assume you are always right.
And you are borderline trolling at certain points.
If you think I am stalking you, I will certainly refrain from responding to your posts. Not a problem at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or