U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-14-2008, 07:20 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
OTOH:

Lawrie Sanchez, Michael Portillo, Alfred Molina, Felipe Fernandez-Armesto, etc. are all English (due to being born/raised there) yet Azelia Robinson, the Mexican telenovela actress despite also being born in England but raised in Mexico is considered to be a Latina.

100% political as you alluded to, amc760.
And those of us who live in the United States ae American.
So with your argument, any ethnicity is a "political term".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-14-2008, 07:21 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
There is so very much hidden agenda hatred in that pie simile. Basically, as a resident of Los Angeles, with the largest concentration of illegals in the nation coupled with insane policies to give them services that no citizen gets, I am being taxed out of residency of my home of fifty years here to pay for illegals. My "pie" has been taken away by people in civic government with agendas like amc70 who have decreed that someone who broke a law to get here deserves it more than a taxpaying legal citizen. To even think that bespeaks an innate hatred for American citizens of a "different" background than that of most illegals. This is sad, destructive, against American ideals of fairness, and xenophobic.
Dont refer to me in your posts Fastfilm. I dont bother debating with you. You are quite possibly the most bitter woman on city-data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2008, 07:27 PM
 
300 posts, read 481,721 times
Reputation: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Dont refer to me in your posts Fastfilm. I dont bother debating with you. You are quite possibly the most bitter woman on city-data.
You don't think she has the right to be bitter with living in LA and putting up with all she says she puts up with. I know she is not lying because I have a dear friend who lives just outside of LA, just north in fact, and he has told me the basic same story for many years now. Yeah, I would say any American has a right to be bitter when we are paying extra in taxes just to support the illegals in this country and the La Raza agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2008, 07:29 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
You don't think she has the right to be bitter with living in LA and putting up with all she says she puts up with. I know she is not lying because I have a dear friend who lives just outside of LA, just north in fact, and he has told me the basic same story for many years now. Yeah, I would say any American has a right to be bitter when we are paying extra in taxes just to support the illegals in this country and the La Raza agenda.
thank god my taxes are coming right back in my pocket
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2008, 07:31 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
do I have permission to call this person an ignorant racist(first time I have on this forum) without being called a "Pro-illegal" because of it?
No - because she did not say anything inappropriate nor racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2008, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Dont refer to me in your posts Fastfilm.
Any poster can refer to the comments of another poster if they so choose.

Get over yourself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2008, 07:32 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
No - because she did not say anything inappropriate nor racist.
A little late there, huh?

And theres nothing inappropriate or racist about suggesting pedophilia is part of Mexican culture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2008, 07:33 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
thank god my taxes are coming right back in my pocket
You have paid taxes that go to support illegal immigrants in your state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2008, 07:34 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
A little late there, huh?

And theres nothing inappropriate or racist about suggesting pedophilia is part of Mexican culture?
In Latin cultures, having sex with a child is not that unusual
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2008, 07:36 PM
 
300 posts, read 481,721 times
Reputation: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You have paid taxes that go to support illegal immigrants in your state.
He doesn't mind apprently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top