U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-11-2008, 08:18 AM
 
Location: Central NJ, USA
218 posts, read 392,426 times
Reputation: 63

Advertisements

Let me add my voice to what I hope will be a chorus calling this "article" what it really is - a piece of yellow journalism trash. There is not a single, cited fact in it. It is entirely a series of "one guy story" vignettes (you KNOW what I am talking about: the sort of BS stories that all begin with "I knew this one guy who....")

The very idea that you are "not safe around Mexican males" because "one guy" approached some un-named woman in an un-named "central coast town of California" is beyond risible.

In short, the whole thing is rubbish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Reputation: 5288
Rubbish indeed...

Since anti-illegals are allowed to submit random videos and stories as evidence of their stance, shall I start posting random BS about anti-illegals being racists and xenophobes?

Shall we all just plummet into generalizations like bumbling idiots?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2008, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Central NJ, USA
218 posts, read 392,426 times
Reputation: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Rubbish indeed...

Since anti-illegals are allowed to submit random videos and stories as evidence of their stance, shall I start posting random BS about anti-illegals being racists and xenophobes?

Shall we all just plummet into generalizations like bumbling idiots?
I think we've disagreed in virtually every other post on this and other threads. But we are in complete accord on this one...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2008, 08:26 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
This I will say:

Lower class males tend to be less respectful towards people in general-------women in particular.

And; what is contained in the DNA of said male has little or nothing to do with their behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2008, 08:28 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Ok when is enough, enough? Why is the immigration forum the only forum that can post random stories that propagate these kind of insane lies about Mexicans?

I agree with AMC this is a ridiculous thing to say and immediately loses credibility for anyone who posts such nonsense, regardless of who wrote it.

Try posting this kind of crap in P&OC and you would get hammered.
As I said. it's offensive and overly broad. Taken out of context, yes, it's out of line.

But so are a LOT of things posted on this forum. It's a touchy subject. People say offensive things, and offensive things cause offense. That's why I stated "I'm not touching this one" as far as its specific content.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2008, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Central NJ, USA
218 posts, read 392,426 times
Reputation: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
This I will say:

Lower class males tend to be less respectful towards people in general-------women in particular.

And; what is contained in the DNA of said male has little or nothing to do with their behavior.
I don't know if that is true. Just look, for example, at the Kennedy family.

In the Victorian era, there used to be scolds running around preaching about middle class values (one of the characters in the classic "Pygmalion" commented that he did not have such values because he could not afford them.) Of course, at the other end of the spectrum, said values were pretty routinely flouted by the very wealthy (another quote about not scaring the servants or horses leaps to mind).

It seems to me that respect for others and women in particular is something that upplies to the great middle, and is equally ignored by those at the top and bottom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2008, 08:29 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee-Nice View Post
I agree with MIKEETC regarding JDubsMom comments "Your children are not safe when young Mexican males are around." It's not just to pin this type of thinking on all of the males of Mexico. Have you surveyed every Mexican male to come to this conclusion?
Secondly, is this type of thinking found only in Mexico? I've heard the phrase "Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed", spoken by several males of different nationalities. Thirdly, I think the fact that you worded your statement the way you did; that just by being around Mexican males, children are not safe. This exaggeration reveals an anxiety towards all Mexican males, which may be the result of your personal experience(s). The only reason I'm responding to your comment, is because this is the way one person's personal experience with an infinitesimal sample of an entire group of people, which in this case are Mexican males, is translated and communicated to others as if it is a true reflection of the entire group. This is how stereotypes are formed and are undeservingly attributed to all members of a group. If I was not a mindful individual, I would've walked away from your story, emotionally affected by your experience, and unknowingly, that much more critical of an entire group of people because of the actions of one of it's members. Remember, words have an affect; choose them wisely.

The key to reading is comprehension . . . . what you claim I said is a quote from the article. I am not the author, I am merely the OP. That being said, as stated by Benicar, similar stories are being reported in media outlets around the US everyday.

It would probably take me 10 minutes to find about 50 stories of illegal aliens raping and impregnating children. In the US it is against the law to have sex with a child, in Mexico and South America, its the cultural norm:

One day later, the ABC affiliate says the young mother delivered a 6-pound girl at Madison Memorial Hospital in Rexburg, Idaho.
KIDK-TV says Guadalupe Gutierrez-Juarez, a suspected illegal immigrant, is being held at the Fremont County Jail. He's due in court next week to face rape charges.

"I wouldn't have believed a 10-year-old could conceive in the first place," Fremont County Sheriff Ralph Davis tells the Associated Press.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline...r-old-giv.html

ILLEGAL ALIEN GETS 18 MONTHS FOR RAPING 12 YO GIRL

An illegal alien from Mexico was sentenced in Maryland to a 10-year term for impregnating the 12-year-old daughter of a family with whom he was living, with 8 1/2 years suspended by the judge.
Noberto Vasquez-Fuentes, 21, was sentenced under a plea agreement that included a guilty plea to second-degree rape of the girl with whom he had sex on five occasions in September 2005.

http://texasholdemblogger.wordpress....ng-12-yo-girl/


Uncle pleads guilty to raping 3-year-old niece

Tuesday, January 15, 2008


(01-15) 07:45 PST Victorville, Calif. (AP) --


illegal immigrant uncle of a 3-year-old Victorville girl has pleaded guilty to raping the child.

San Bernardino County prosecutors say Salvador Luna pleaded guilty to continuous sexual abuse of a child and lewd or lascivious acts with a child under 14 with use of force.

The 30-year-old defendant was sentenced to 24 years in prison and will likely be classified a sexually violent predator, meaning psychologists must approve his release.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/01/15/state/n074554S63.DTL&hw=olds&sc=993&sn=002 (broken link)



Or how about the elderly?

Illegal immigrant suspected of raping 92-year-old woman sheds light on growing problem

TELLICO PLAINS, Tenn. (WVLT) -- It's a crime that shocked the community, and East Tennessee -- The rape of a 92-year-old Tellico Plains woman.
Now, police say there's a suspect, but he may be hiding south of the border -- a place where tracking down a criminal can be tough.
But it may be just as tough naming them as suspects when they're living here illegally.
It's not just Monroe County, police in all of East Tennessee's counties are dealing with the same problem, tracking down suspects who are here illegally.
It's costing them more time and it's costing you more money.

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/18875679.html



At the end of the day there are hundreds of thousands of these stories, don't shoot me, I'm not the perp, I'm just the messenger.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 07-11-2008 at 08:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2008, 08:46 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron von Costume View Post
I don't know if that is true. Just look, for example, at the Kennedy family.

In the Victorian era, there used to be scolds running around preaching about middle class values (one of the characters in the classic "Pygmalion" commented that he did not have such values because he could not afford them.) Of course, at the other end of the spectrum, said values were pretty routinely flouted by the very wealthy (another quote about not scaring the servants or horses leaps to mind).

It seems to me that respect for others and women in particular is something that upplies to the great middle, and is equally ignored by those at the top and bottom.
Sounds like you're skirting dangerously close to alluding to 'class differences' here.....and that's probably the crux of the matter. No matter how one 'stacks' it, the fact is that traditionally, "lower class" people have been far more 'sexually conservative' than have the middle class been. PART of this is that the 'lower classes' have traditionally not 'trusted' the intentions of adult men around young girls. Most of us may recall our own ancestors insistiong that a 'proper' young girl never go 'out and about' without a trusted male chaperon...Why? To protect her from other males.

To say this has largely become a 'thing of the past' in today's America would be an understatement. But its disappearance has been a function of entrance into the Middle Class, NOT of race or ethnicity. Middle Class people are FAR more sexually liberated, and a young girl today is generally expected to be able to 'take care of herself'...

But just because the "middle class" has made this transition, doesn't mean the rest of the world is ready to 'get on board' just yet. Most of the world is NOT middle class. I don't want to make this thread any uglier than it already is..but I can tell you from first-hand experience, I've known MANY an 'old-fashioned parent" from several ethnicities...and LOTS of them are of Mexican descent (some of Mexican birth)...and almost ALL these 'old-fashioned' parents take a VERY protective stance toward their underage daughters. Why? Because they don't quite trust the males out there..that's why.

Old fashioned? Of course. It's a life-view that's rapidly disappearing. But it was once quite common, and it was common for a REASON.

I'll shut up now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2008, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Sounds like you're skirting dangerously close to alluding to 'class differences' here.....and that's probably the crux of the matter. No matter how one 'stacks' it, the fact is that traditionally, "lower class" people have been far more 'sexually conservative' than have the middle class been. PART of this is that the 'lower classes' have traditionally not 'trusted' the intentions of adult men around young girls. Most of us may recall our own ancestors insistiong that a 'proper' young girl never go 'out and about' without a trusted male chaperon...Why? To protect her from other males.

To say this has largely become a 'thing of the past' in today's America would be an understatement. But its disappearance has been a function of entrance into the Middle Class, NOT of race or ethnicity. Middle Class people are FAR more sexually liberated, and a young girl today is generally expected to be able to 'take care of herself'...

But just because the "middle class" has made this transition, doesn't mean the rest of the world is ready to 'get on board' just yet. Most of the world is NOT middle class. I don't want to make this thread any uglier than it already is..but I can tell you from first-hand experience, I've known MANY an 'old-fashioned parent" from several ethnicities...and LOTS of them are of Mexican descent (some of Mexican birth)...and almost ALL these 'old-fashioned' parents take a VERY protective stance toward their underage daughters. Why? Because they don't quite trust the males out there..that's why.

Old fashioned? Of course. It's a life-view that's rapidly disappearing. But it was once quite common, and it was common for a REASON.

I'll shut up now...
Italian; especially Sicilian familes were/are that same way-------what is amazing how close the Old School Italian and Mexican Hispanic cultures are to one another.

OTOH: modern Spanish 'Hispanic' culture is closer to Scandinavian mores if anything these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2008, 09:28 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
You are claiming that Mexican people are culturally inclined to be child molesters.

THIS is the kind of ignorance and irrational fear of some in the so called "anti-illegal" crowd that I'm opposed to.

Anti-illegal crowd, do I have permission to call this person an ignorant racist(first time I have on this forum) without being called a "Pro-illegal" because of it?

I am not ignorant, nor am I a racist. I am merely the OP. When you can come up with an explanation as to why rapes of minor children at the hands of illegal aliens are voluminous and becoming a daily "norm" when prior to this invasion, while these crimes were commited by Americans, they did not occur daily, then you can claim the stories are falacies of those of us who are against illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top