U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 09:24 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
You saw the word temporary there, didn't you amc? Ever heard the term "TIME OUT!!""? This country needs an immigration time out. It's going to take 3-5 years of HEAVY ENFORCEMENT to reverse the illegal flow. During that time our Immigration people should be SOLELY FOCUSED on ENFORCEMENT ONLY!

The folks that are currently in line will just have to wait until we get our collective immigration 'house' in order.

And guess what, amc... We do just that and there won't be anyone shooting at anyone on our southern border...
5 years is more than enough time for illegal immigration to jump.

Its just not fair for people who want to take the legal route. And don't you guys care about the legal immigrants? I got the impression you guys did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 09:46 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
5 years is more than enough time for illegal immigration to jump.

Its just not fair for people who want to take the legal route. And don't you guys care about the legal immigrants? I got the impression you guys did.
Illegal immigration WILL NOT 'jump'. Remember that word 'enforcement'? Borders, ports and visas. No problemo.

And I couldn't care less about anyone crying that "It's not faaaiiiiirrrrr!". Nobody ever said that life was fair. Is it fair for me to give up my wages or job so an illegal alien can have a job?

My opinion is that if someone is in the process of immigrating here legally FOR THE RIGHT REASONS, they won't mind the extra wait involved. They'll be GLAD that the US is finally starting to respect their effort by KICKING OUT THE CHEATS AND FREELOADERS!

Old 07-15-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Illegal immigration WILL NOT 'jump'. Remember that word 'enforcement'? Borders, ports and visas. No problemo.

And I couldn't care less about anyone crying that "It's not faaaiiiiirrrrr!". Nobody ever said that life was fair. Is it fair for me to give up my wages or job so an illegal alien can have a job?

My opinion is that if someone is in the process of immigrating here legally FOR THE RIGHT REASONS, they won't mind the extra wait involved. They'll be GLAD that the US is finally starting to respect their effort by KICKING OUT THE CHEATS AND FREELOADERS!
Won't mind?
Wow, you sure expect a lot out of people who don't know you, to follow through with something to keep you happy.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Won't mind?
Wow, you sure expect a lot out of people who don't know you, to follow through with something to keep you happy.
That's just it, amc, it's not about 'me', it's about MY COUNTRY.

My own relatives will have to wait, too. That's what is best for America, and that's what I would like.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
That's just it, amc, it's not about 'me', it's about MY COUNTRY.

My own relatives will have to wait, too. That's what is best for America, and that's what I would like.
Is that they would like? Do you think they care what you would like?

But really, the part in bold got my eyes all watery. Keep hope alive.

I wish I lived in "your" country.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:43 PM

Good immigrants care about the country they're moving to, the rest I couldn't give a damn about.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Good immigrants care about the country they're moving to, the rest I couldn't give a damn about.
immigrants "good" or "bad" care about their families. Your so naive it hurts.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:46 PM

If caring about my country is naive so be it. I've got a sneaking suspicion there's more naive people than you realize...

Old 07-15-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
If caring about my country is naive so be it. I've got a sneaking suspicion there's more naive people than you realize...
Theres that comprehension again.

You are naive because you think there are "good" and "bad" immigrants.
And that the "good" immigrants want whats best for YOU and not THEM.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Theres that comprehension again.

You are naive because you think there are "good" and "bad" immigrants.
And that the "good" immigrants want whats best for YOU and not THEM.
There are 'good' and 'bad' immigrants. The good ones come to BE AMERICAN, the bad ones come for what they can get and TO HELL with America.

And like I said, it's not about ME, it's about what is BEST for the WHOLE COUNTRY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or