U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 10:23 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Once again, a silly attempt to connect things which have no connection. Listen closely, please....

Firstly, no, you are mistaken. While all illegal immigrants, by definition, are in violation of at least ONE law, they are not what we normally call 'criminals'. You may think so...or you may think OTHERS think so...but few people do. Illegal immigrants are also 'capable of good to this country', if we care to overlook the harm they cause the system.

However, this is a silly point to make. The vast majority of the human race are 'good' people. Most are not criminals. .
You obviously don't read the posts on this board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
I don't see why illegals doing something positive is such a bad taste for some of you to swallow. Is it in the Forum Rules that we can only post negative articles about illegals? It shouldn't hinder your fight against illegal entry to hear about people who have done right after illegal entry.

So how did the 2 dead (RIP) illegals get into the military? Your president allowed them in.

FYI I was a Navy Officer and my mother was once an illegal (she is naturalized now BTW), I have done well for the US.

There are so many positive stories out there with connection to illegals, anchor babies, yet we only hear the negatives.
Of course you will think "the bad out weigh the good", but how will you know if the positive stories aren't told?

Old 07-13-2008, 10:52 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I don't see why illegals doing something positive is such a bad thing for some of you people to swallow. Is it in the Forum Rules that we can only post negative articles about illegals?

So how did the 2 dead (RIP) illegals get into the military?

FYI I was a Navy Officer and my mother was once an illegal (she is naturalized now BTW).

There are so many positive stories out there with connections to illegals, surely we cannot just post the negatives.

It shouldn't hinder your fight against illegal entry to hear about people who have done right after illegal entry.
Mach50:

You are in your 30's, correct? Back when your mom was an illegal------there were far fewer of them here compared to today------and, most of the above made damn sure to 'fly under the radar'. The arrogance of the latter has proven to be their collective downfall.

In your case: you were/are a native born American. I would loooove to see birthright citizenship eliminated for new US born children (if both parents are here illegally) but, not only would you be grandfathered in-------your father was (probably) a US citizen so you would have been exempt from deportation had you been born after the cutoff.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:55 AM

Putting my story aside for now, I see nothing wrong with posting positive stories about illegals. Matter of fact I think some people here NEED to read them.

It appears that McCain might have served with Hispanics and was close to them, that is a good thing.
Do many of you know that Bush was basically raised by a Mexican nanny and I believe she was illegal too.
Don't forget Obama wants your kids to learn Spanish.

I would say that resistors of this integration and adaptation will be in a long battle.

Last edited by Mach50; 07-13-2008 at 11:07 AM..

Old 07-13-2008, 11:25 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Putting my story aside for now, I see nothing wrong with posting positive stories about illegals. Matter of fact I think some people here NEED to read them.

It appears that McCain might have served with Hispanics and was close to them, that is a good thing.
Do many of you know that Bush was basically raised by a Mexican nanny and I believe she was illegal too.
Don't forget Obama wants your kids to learn Spanish.

I would say that resistors of this integration and adaptation will be in a long battle.

It's common knowledge that Senor Boosh was raised by a Mexican nanny. It is not so common knowledge that he and many of his family members had and probably still have strong ties to many former and current members of Mexican drug cartels and other criminal elements. At the end of the day America and her taxpayers are paying the debt of the wealthy American families who are indebted to foreign oligarchies and criminals going back more than 2 generations.

Quote:
The Mexican president had spent a long day with President Bush signing trade pacts, the precursors of NAFTA. Salinas brought his so-called Dream Team: his commerce secretary, finance minister, and his personal Machiavelli, Jose Córdoba. It would later be astounding to see, as the decade unfolded, how many of that administration’s proud men and women fell shamefully from grace — some exiled, some imprisoned and some assassinated.

El Andar: Los Amigos de Bush

compare those players to these:

http://corp.matt.org/index.php?optio...d=13&Itemid=50

MISSION:
To encourage Mexicans and Americans to come together to bridge the gaps in understanding and quality of life so that we may truly prosper together.

MATT.org : Mexicans and Americans thinking together is part of Senor Boosh's debt for hispanic votes. Our tax dollars are paying for this website/con job.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 07-13-2008 at 11:40 AM..

Old 07-13-2008, 11:39 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
And yet Blacknight04 is just highlighting the hypocrisy of it all.
Hypocrisy of what?
Oh because an illegal served he should automatically get citizenship? No how about they simply file the required paper work and be worked through the system just like every legal immigrant has done.
The logic that says instant amnesty is deeply flawed.
A bank robber while escaping from the police stops to help a man with a flat tire. We should pardon his crimes? Okay he stopped to save a child who was drowning. We should pardon his crimes? I think not.
I am all for allowing an illegal who is serving in our military to fill out the proper required forms and allow them a fair opprotunity to get residence status. They should like all other applicants be subjected to the same requirements. A background check for example.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:40 AM

JDubsMom - You would be surprised how many do not know Bush had a Mexican nanny, almost every-time I bring it up nobody has heard of it.

If you know how to read Spanish you should check out:
"De los Maras a los Zetas: Los secretos del narcotrafico, de Colombia a Chicago"

It discusses US/Mexico corruption in the drug wars and how corruption of both are destroying Mexico.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
JDubsMom - You would be surprised how many do not know Bush had a Mexican nanny, almost every-time I bring it up nobody has heard of it.

If you know how to read Spanish you should read
"De los Maras a los Zetas: Los secretos del narcotrafico, de Colombia a Chicago"

It discusses US/Mexico corruption in the drug wars and how corruption of both are destroying Mexico.
Sorry, I don't do Spanish. My second language of choice is Urdu and my neighbors are my teachers.

If you have a link for an English version, I'm always willing to absorb new knowledge.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Sorry, I don't do Spanish. My second language of choice is Urdu and my neighbors are my teachers.

If you have a link for an English version, I'm always willing to absorb new knowledge.
Sorry it was only printed in Spanish and Portuguese I think, the truth is Americans don't get real news on what really happens in the Drug Cartel world. Maybe some understanding from other countries would help Americans realize just how involved they are in it.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Hypocrisy of what?
Oh because an illegal served he should automatically get citizenship? No how about they simply file the required paper work and be worked through the system just like every legal immigrant has done.
The logic that says instant amnesty is deeply flawed.
A bank robber while escaping from the police stops to help a man with a flat tire. We should pardon his crimes? Okay he stopped to save a child who was drowning. We should pardon his crimes? I think not.
I am all for allowing an illegal who is serving in our military to fill out the proper required forms and allow them a fair opprotunity to get residence status. They should like all other applicants be subjected to the same requirements. A background check for example.
In that respect I agree with Blacknight It is hypocrisy at it's finest. When it comes to the majority of those in our government the phrase "O ye of Little Faith" is the perfect description of how I've felt about them for a long time now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or