U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 07:25 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
If the past is any yardstick, don't expect a response.
2 hours and counting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 07:33 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
2 hours and counting...

Darn good thing we weren't holding our collective breath

Old 07-13-2008, 10:28 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,996,951 times
Quote:
See my posts regarding gangs and the military. While you're at it, please POINT OUT WHERE I SPEAK LOW OF AMERICA'S VETERANS. Then you can come back and apologize as I also mention American bangers. While you do that, I'll consider my options in terms of whether or not to accept your apology.

ETA: I fear NO MAN of any ethnicity, only GOD . . . . gee, its taking you a long time to find those statements you accused me of making about veterans . . . . . . *crickets*

I think questioning the motives of people who are fighting this war for America's government is pretty bad.

Quote:
My point is even though an illegal may voluntarily serve in the military, there is no guarantee that he or she is doing it out of love or loyalty for this country. 9 times out of 10, they are no different or any more loyal than the illegal aliens that cross the borders "looking for a better life". It's the American benefit of being granted citizenship if they live that 95% of the time motivates them to voluntarily enlist.95 percent? Where did you pull that number out of?

Additionally, there are illegals who enlist in the military for the training so that they can go back to the hood and teach their fellow bangers the military tactics to increase their dominance in fire power on the streets. Says who? Who said it is the illegals who are doing that? Why do you speak on this like its FACT instead of speculation?It is hypocrisy, stupidity, arrogance and desperation for bodies courtesy of the current administration that is behind the enlistment of people who have no real ties or loyalty to this country. Even if that is true, there are soooo many people who claim ties and loyalty to this country but do NOT want to serve in the military. If what you say is true, the way things are, the army should be happy to get what it gets. Have you served so there can be a higher number of loyal Americans that don't want to use their military experience for gang warfare?

Americans volunteer, serve and die for this country because they love it and they are proud of it. Not all, but probably the majority of illegal aliens do it for citizenship and fringe benefits.The majority? Again, how do you know that? Did you make a poll for illegal serving in the military? Is it possible that a good number of those illegals serving are the kind who immigrated at a very young age(3-12 or whatever) and actually WANT to serve the country, who equate military service with patriotism? In opinions like yours, theyre damned if they do, damned if they don't. If there were no illegals serving, you would probably complain about them not serving the country they are "taking advantage" of.
Sorry it took me so long. I was working. Do you work? Or are the Mexicans stealing your jobs?

Oh yeah, whats up with that sponsorship? Arent you sponsoring some relatives of mine for their "green cards"?

Old 07-13-2008, 11:46 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Found an interesting pie chart that shows U.S. Military deaths in Iraq by ethnicity.

Looks like somebody has been hallucinating again...

Military deaths in Iraq by Ethnicity (http://icasualties.org/oif/Ethnicity.aspx - broken link)

Hold your cursor over the pieces of the pie for the actual number, but be prepared... Over 3,000 white boys dead while less than 440 Hispanics have met that fate. Blacks are 3rd with 390.
Sigh white deaths don't count its an expectation of them. It only counts when you want to call someone a racist and they must always be white in order to be a racist.
Our troops serve their country. The motivation for it I assume is patriotism. I refuse to assume otherwise. Any combat related death is to be considered a tragety regardless of legal status. But to insinuate that an illegals death is somehow more tragic is insulting. Any who serve must understand that there is a chance your number will be punched. I served in combat and understood that this might be the day. I as a younger man felt not me, but still understood ***** happens.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:44 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
As a military brat (with family who fought in nearly every war since WWII), i respect anyone who dies in military service to the US, legal or illegal. If/when one of them idiots Obama or McCain hatches up any amnesty plan, I think one of the provisions should include mandatory military service. If you can't or won't serve, out you go.
So it's okay for them to die for your country, but not to live in your country?

Old 07-14-2008, 12:17 PM

4,121 posts, read 2,869,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I have no doubt that many Hispanics have courageously fought and died in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan; as have countless others. To them, I extend my utmost respect and gratitude.

I realize our military is comprised of non-citizens from various countries throughout the world;
but it is my understanding, perhaps erroneously, that illegal aliens are ineligible to join our military. Thus, I will take this article with a grain of salt. Perhaps the OP will provide us with sources to substantiate the claim that the first Hispanic casualties were in fact illegal aliens. My attempts to verify this story have been unsuccessful.

One salient point has been missed: the vast majority of our voluntary military joined during peacetime, and did not anticipate actual combat; in particular, the unprecedented reliance on the National Guard. Many joined our military to enjoy the various benefits the GI Bill affords, i.e. vocational training, educational assistance, homeownership, etc. Unfortunately, some (Hispanic, Black, White) also joined for the sole purpose of gaining valuable combat techniques to bolster their gangs. Therefore, one cannot assume that all enlistee motives were honorable. Moreover, it is well-documented that our military has in fact been significantly infiltrated by gang members of various ethnicities.
You are correct, Benicar. Illegals can not join the US military. At the bare minimum one must be in valid possession of a green card, meaning their status is legal.

While the article cited in the OP does mention that the 2 soldiers that were killed entered the US illegally, no where in there does it say that they were illegal at the time of their enlistment or at the time of their deaths.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I think questioning the motives of people who are fighting this war for America's government is pretty bad.

Sorry it took me so long. I was working. Do you work? Or are the Mexicans stealing your jobs?

Oh yeah, whats up with that sponsorship? Arent you sponsoring some relatives of mine for their "green cards"?
Questioning the motives of "people"? You really need more practice twisting the words of others to suit your personal agenda. At the end of the day the topic was the motives/agendas of ILLEGAL ALIENS primarily from Mexico and South America joining the military and whether or not their main objectives were: (a) to gain CITIZENSHIP; and (b) to ascertain the knowledge and firepower of the US military in order to pass it on to their gang banging amigos.

As for Mexicans stealing my job? ha . . . . I am a white collar professional and in order to obtain my job they need to (a) be documented; (b) speak English (c) pass an extensive background and drug test . . . and more importantly . . . . drum roll please . . . . have no fear of LaMigra.

As for those green cards . . . you didn't provide the necessary proof. But I'm not in the least surprised. It's typical of you to expect something for nothing.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:36 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
You are correct, Benicar. Illegals can not join the US military. At the bare minimum one must be in valid possession of a green card, meaning their status is legal.

While the article cited in the OP does mention that the 2 soldiers that were killed entered the US illegally, no where in there does it say that they were illegal at the time of their enlistment or at the time of their deaths.
Great point!

Old 07-14-2008, 12:40 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Questioning the motives of "people"? You really need more practice twisting the words of others to suit your personal agenda. At the end of the day the topic was the motives/agendas of ILLEGAL ALIENS primarily from Mexico and South America joining the military and whether or not their main objectives were: (a) to gain CITIZENSHIP; and (b) to ascertain the knowledge and firepower of the US military in order to pass it on to their gang banging amigos.

As for Mexicans stealing my job? ha . . . . I am a white collar professional and in order to obtain my job they need to (a) be documented; (b) speak English (c) pass an extensive background and drug test . . . and more importantly . . . . drum roll please . . . . have no fear of LaMigra.

As for those green cards . . . you didn't provide the necessary proof. But I'm not in the least surprised. It's typical of you to expect something for nothing.
Priceless!

Old 07-14-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Priceless!
Thank you Benicar!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or