Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 12:23 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Sounds good, any idea if raids are existing in the current laws?
Absolutely! Workplace enforcement has been on the books since the 1986 IRCA. They were further strengthened in 1996.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 12:25 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Absolutely! Workplace enforcement has been on the books since the 1986 IRCA. They were further strengthened in 1996.
What about neighborhood raids?

Old 07-15-2008, 12:34 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times
Quote:
What about neighborhood raids?
You mean like going through the barrio door-to-door? I don't think so, and I would oppose that kind of action.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:36 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Ok, so you've established that you hate illegal aliens. What do you suggest we do to fix the "problem" ?
1. I suggest that we scratch the plan for the fence and build a 20 foot wall around the entire perimeter of our southern border.

2. Until the wall is complete, I suggest that we post armed guards at the current border and post signs advising the invaders of shoot to kill orders of anyone who becomes resistant upon being turned back.

3. Seal up all the drug tunnels.

4. ABOLISH the 14th Amendment; no more anchor babies. Only children born in the US to illegal alien parents prior to 1998 will be grandfathered in.

5. Cut off ALL social services and free education to non citizens. Only emergency health care will be given and the bill should be sent to the government of the illegal aliens country of origin;

6. Raid all businesses suspected of hiring/harboring illegal aliens. Crack down on ALL employers caught hiring illegal aliens with stiff fines and hefty jail sentences. Women with children should be forced to take their children with them UNLESS they fall under the grandfather clause. If they have an American citizen/legal resident relative or friend they should be allowed to make arrangements (from their jail cell) with regard to the care of the anchor baby.

7. Rid the jails of all IA's and make their respective government responsible for receiving them. If they refuse, cut off ALL aid until they take responsibility for their nationals.

8. Make America's official language ENGLISH.

9. Abolish the printing of all taxpayer funded government forms in any foreign language.

10. Temporary moratorium on ALL immigration until the majority of the IA's either self deport or are legally deported.

11. Close all the loop holes in our current immigration policy; ensure that the laws therein are clearly stated.

12. Arrest anyone harboring illegal aliens for any reason (i.e. family members, etc.)

13. Any church caught assisting, harboring, aiding or abetting an IA should have their tax exempt status rescinded. The enabler should be jailed for treason.

14. Any government official aiding, abetting or harboring illegal aliens should be fined and promptly jailed, inclusive of those declaring their city/state as an illegal alien sanctuary.

15. Only when things settle down, and we have revised our policies to reflect the original reasons/rules for legal immigration. Allow LEGAL immigration in limited quotas to suit the needs of AMERICA, not because somebody is looking for the "American Dream" or think they are entitled to their nonexistent "piece of the pie".

How's this for starters? If I think of anything else, I'll add it.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 07-15-2008 at 01:10 PM..

Old 07-15-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Hey you are the one who made the personal attack stereotyping AMC's height because he is Mexican. Honestly you haven't said anything that hasn't been said many, many, many 1..N times before. No special discovery has been made on your part so you can lighten up your arrogance.

I would have a battle of wit with you, but I can see you are unarmed.

*yawn . . . *

Old 07-15-2008, 02:44 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
You mean like going through the barrio door-to-door? I don't think so, and I would oppose that kind of action.
Anybody who would be for something like that would really scary me.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:34 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
1. I suggest that we scratch the plan for the fence and build a 20 foot wall around the entire perimeter of our southern border.

2. Until the wall is complete, I suggest that we post armed guards at the current border and post signs advising the invaders of shoot to kill orders of anyone who becomes resistant upon being turned back.

4. ABOLISH the 14th Amendment; no more anchor babies. Only children born in the US to illegal alien parents prior to 1998 will be grandfathered in.

5. Cut off ALL social services and free education to non citizens. Only emergency health care will be given and the bill should be sent to the government of the illegal aliens country of origin;

6. Raid all businesses suspected of hiring/harboring illegal aliens. Crack down on ALL employers caught hiring illegal aliens with stiff fines and hefty jail sentences. Women with children should be forced to take their children with them UNLESS they fall under the grandfather clause. If they have an American citizen/legal resident relative or friend they should be allowed to make arrangements (from their jail cell) with regard to the care of the anchor baby.

7. Rid the jails of all IA's and make their respective government responsible for receiving them. If they refuse, cut off ALL aid until they take responsibility for their nationals.

9. Abolish the printing of all taxpayer funded government forms in any foreign language.

10. Temporary moratorium on ALL immigration until the majority of the IA's either self deport or are legally deported.

11. Close all the loop holes in our current immigration policy; ensure that the laws therein are clearly stated.

12. Arrest anyone harboring illegal aliens for any reason (i.e. family members, etc.)

13. Any church caught assisting, harboring, aiding or abetting an IA should have their tax exempt status rescinded. The enabler should be jailed for treason.

14. Any government official aiding, abetting or harboring illegal aliens should be fined and promptly jailed, inclusive of those declaring their city/state as an illegal alien sanctuary.

15. Only when things settle down, and we have revised our policies to reflect the original reasons/rules for legal immigration. Allow LEGAL immigration in limited quotas to suit the needs of AMERICA, not because somebody is looking for the "American Dream" or think they are entitled to their nonexistent "piece of the pie".

I could live with all the above.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:45 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

Now that's what you call Comprehensive Immigration Reform!!!

Old 07-15-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I could live with all the above.
If nothing else it would put our house back in order. As a result of massive illegal immigration and PC America is dying a slow, painful death.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Now that's what you call Comprehensive Immigration Reform!!!
I think its fair and just to all parties involved, even illegal aliens. We'll get our country back and the worst that can happen to them is they just might wake up and start demanding change from their OWN governments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration