U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2008, 03:16 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,000,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! For months, you have emphatically refuted each and every post on this forum maintaining a correlation between unemployment and depressed wages for legal U.S. citizens, and the employment of illegal aliens. According to you, illegal aliens are ONLY doing jobs Americans WON’T do; they’re providing a valuable service due to our “shortage” of legal citizens willing to perform those jobs……yada, yada, yada.

You said, and I quote, “They’re losing jobs to employers.” This, of course, proves the anti-illegal immigration argument......they are in fact losing jobs. The fact that unscrupulous employers are responsible for hiring illegal aliens does not alter the fact that in most instances, they have in fact “replaced” legal U.S. citizens.

It was no doubt a Freudian slip; nevertheless, these are your words.

The defense rests……
I hate to search, but your accusation is just priceless.
Here are a couple of my posts on the subject:

Quote:
06-07-2008, 07:03 AM
[SIZE=5]amc760[/SIZE]

1,045 posts, read 112,933 times

As I have said time and time again, I don't justify illegal immigration.
I am not against certain laws aimed at curbing illegal immigration, I support targeting employers who discriminate against U.S. Citizens by solely hiring illegal immigrants. However, I speak out against the demonizing of the Mexican people, which I feel is slowly starting to incite a resurgence of Hispanophobia(LOOK JDUB! I PREDICTED YOUR POSTS BACK IN JUNE!! awesome!). I am definitely against the targeting and harassment of "illegal" immigrants by vigilante groups, and also the divide it is beginnging to cause between Hispanics and other Americans.

I dont know how to copy paste info, but heres another one from June 5th

Quote:
I refuse to join on the witchhunt on illegal immigratns. I prefer that the politicians do more to crack down on employers who so eagerly hire them. Because I know that most of these people aren't as evil as pointed out.
Im not even gonna search anymore, its a pain when I have a thousand posts on this site.
But yeah....YOU CAUGHT ME, BENICAR!

Last edited by amc760; 07-14-2008 at 03:57 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 03:30 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,826,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
uhh......haven't I already said that several times?
Ive always said the blame lies more in the employers saving a buck than the individual illegal immigrant.
BUt I'll pretend you caught me anyways... oh my god! You got me!
(maybe you missed all the times ive said that when you were skimming through my posts to find something to challenge)

Sigmund Freud you are not. But I'd be interested to know what he would make of many of the things you have said.

And I dont need any psychoanalysis on JDUB to know whats going on in that brain, lol.
Ok, enough schoolyard games. I have a 16 y/o son who can handle a debate with more finesse than you. Do not respond to my posts, and I will not respond to yours. That should resolve the problem.

Be advised; you and your ilk will not dictate my opinion. You donít have to agree with me, and I donít have to agree with you; but we are BOTH entitled to our opinion. Freedom of speech isnít dead yet.

Feel free to respond to this post, but donít expect me to reply.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Ok, enough schoolyard games. I have a 16 y/o son who can handle a debate with more finesse than you. Do not respond to my posts, and I will not respond to yours. That should resolve the problem.

Be advised; you and your ilk will not dictate my opinion. You don’t have to agree with me, and I don’t have to agree with you; but we are BOTH entitled to our opinion. Freedom of speech isn’t dead yet.

Feel free to respond to this post, but don’t expect me to reply.
Whatd I do? haha.

To quote you on a very recent post towards me:

Quote:
The mature response would have been to admit that you “assumed” wrong.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:44 PM

3,368 posts, read 10,283,941 times
So Benicar.. would it be correct to say that your solution to the "problem" of illegal immigration would be to start fining employers who hire illegal immigrants in the first place? Your posts are pretty reasonable and I am just curious to know what you would do to solve this problem - you seem to really be bothered by it.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:09 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,826,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
So Benicar.. would it be correct to say that your solution to the "problem" of illegal immigration would be to start fining employers who hire illegal immigrants in the first place? Your posts are pretty reasonable and I am just curious to know what you would do to solve this problem - you seem to really be bothered by it.
Quite frankly, I'd like to see ALL employers of illegals severely fined and imprisoned. I consider them the scourge of this country. It is these unscrupulous greedy employers who are benefiting from illegal immigration. I place them in the same category as the former slave traders.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:31 PM

300 posts, read 482,118 times
Quote:
Quite frankly, I'd like to see ALL employers of illegals severely fined and imprisoned. I consider them the scourge of this country. It is these unscrupulous greedy employers who are benefiting from illegal immigration. I place them in the same category as the former slave traders.
Hear-Hear. I so totally agree with you.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:11 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Quote:
Whatd I do? haha.

To quote you on a very recent post towards me:
Using that expression calls into doubt many of your arguments-------you come across as being immature.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Using that expression calls into doubt many of your arguments-------you come across as being immature.
I laugh so I don't cry, AzBear.

Things have been getting more and more ridiculous on this board.
Ive seen ugly opinions starting to come out, people are no longer afraid of having to be PC on here.
Ive seen new posters on here with very ugly opinions. Ive seen some people that I used to respect on this board defend some pretty vile comments. All I can do is laugh at the lunacy.

And for that particular argument, it spoke for itself.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:12 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,904,513 times
Quote:
I laugh so I don't cry, AzBear.

Things have been getting more and more ridiculous on this board.
Ive seen ugly opinions starting to come out, people are no longer afraid of having to be PC on here.
Ive seen new posters on here with very ugly opinions. Ive seen some people that I used to respect on this board defend some pretty vile comments. All I can do is laugh at the lunacy.

And for that particular argument, it spoke for itself.

When the posters hit the bulls eye on your targeted stance of illegal alien support only then do you consider it ridiculous and ugly.

And of course all of this occurs with no provocation from your side of this issue? . . . typical from the woe is me crowd.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
When the posters hit the bulls eye on your targeted stance of illegal alien support only then do you consider it ridiculous and ugly.

And of course all of this occurs with no provocation from your side of this issue? . . . typical from the woe is me crowd.
"woe is me crowd"?

I'm cool. I have no problem with life.

I think that label should be applied to people with your feelings. "your" country is being ruined. your life is so much harder now.

"my finger is so sore from having to press 1 everytime I have to pay my bills. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!?!?"

I'm not the one scared of the murderous, child marrying, brain eating Mexicans.

Poor middle class America.

And hitting the bullseye? Your arrows are stereotypes and personal attacks, along with venom tipped anti-Latino remarks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or