Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 02:39 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,378,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
hahah, yeah its a real dictatorship. Don't want the gestapo to overhear anyone complaining, one might end up in a ditch.

Havent you ever visited your family in Mexico?
So if its not the fear factor, why do they risk life, limb and death to come here and wait until they are safely out of earshot of Mexico to demand everything America has including the kitchen sink?

Not only is it fear, I would venture to guess that all 20 million of them are lazy cowards.

Too afraid to retaliate, too lazy to work to build their own hell hole into a civilized nation, but stupid enough to think Americans would run in fear because a few million of them march, threaten and demand that we turn over our country without so much as a wimper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 02:47 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,739,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
So if its not the fear factor, why do they risk life, limb and death to come here and wait until they are safely out of earshot of Mexico to demand everything America has including the kitchen sink?

Not only is it fear, I would venture to guess that all 20 million of them are lazy cowards.

Too afraid to retaliate, too lazy to work to build their own hell hole into a civilized nation, but stupid enough to think Americans would run in fear because a few million of them march, threaten and demand that we turn over our country without so much as a wimper.
You just took it further out of context than even Guy.

WHy don't you scroll up a few posts and get the gist of the thread before you get up on your soapbox.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Mexicans know better than to complain about ANYTHING in Mexico...
you didnt answer my question. Havent you ever visited your family in Mexico?

Old 07-17-2008, 03:44 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,509,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Here is a good read regarding Mexico's history of immigration and immigrant assimilation

. Small Numbers, Great Impact: Mexico and Its Immigrants, 1821–1973

http://www.u.arizona.edu/~rgolden/MexicoImmigration.pdf
Thanks for the link. Very interesting article; in particular, the prevalence of the "salad bowl" and "xenophobic" mindset. I didn't read it in its entirety, but certainly intend to.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:51 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,586,118 times
Quote:
you didnt answer my question. Havent you ever visited your family in Mexico?
I've been to Mexico many times, for a variety of reasons. Why do you ask?

Old 07-17-2008, 04:43 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,378,885 times
Quote:
You just took it further out of context than even Guy.

WHy don't you scroll up a few posts and get the gist of the thread before you get up on your soapbox.
I may have taken it a step further, but I hardly took it out of context. BTW I don't own a soap box but if I ever need one I'm sure you won't mind me borrowing yours.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:08 PM

299 posts, read 545,624 times
Quote:
I may have taken it a step further, but I hardly took it out of context. BTW I don't own a soap box but if I ever need one I'm sure you won't mind me borrowing yours.
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk103/QuirkyCynick/doglaughing.gif (broken link)

Old 07-17-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Taking this:
Quote:
as far as personal experience, Ive been to a Mexican city that has a sizeable Chinese population. Some Chinese there speak Spanish(they have had a presence in the city for many decades), but also their own language in their restaurants and shops. Ive never heard a Mexican complain about it
to this:

Quote:

is taking what I said just a LITTLE out of context. And going a LITTLE off course.

But I'm sure you could find a nice sturdy soapbox somewhere. Maybe it'll get you more attention for your Last Stand at the Alamo type speeches.
In fact, I think the place that sells them also sells sandbags and barbed wire, and watchtowers. Dont forget the Visa!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration