Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 02:13 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,011,493 times

Advertisements

The lady has a problem with just one house next door. Now imagine 7 or 8 houses or more on the block with the same situation. Pretty soon you can have a couple of hundred people living in a block of single-family homes.

If you look at school attendance zone maps you will see that some of them have had to be reduced to as small as 8 blocks x 4 blocks. This is in areas zoned for single family!

Can some of you pro-illegals see why millions of citizens are angry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 02:15 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,510,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
The OP has 100% full right to be upset, scared and angry. Wayover20's post was balanced (no hate towards Mexican people) and IMO she is doing the right thing by calling the police.

I am sort of dealing with the same thing, I have some rowdy neighbors that moved in from Chicago and they are not illegals or Mexicans..they are 2 White girls, 1 White Guy and 1 Arabic decent. They have 5 cars and 1 motorcycle all with "Illinois" plates, parked along the street, which is a violation to HOA. They constantly sit on their patio smoking, drinking and yelling, they play music loud, they have their friends come over until late and get drunk. They leave trash on their patio. I have told them we have a 6 month old in the house, they don't seem to care. Bad thing is, they do not appear to have JOBS! They are just "experiencing the California life".

Point is, I am sure we all have had some rowdy neighbors in the past, I don't see why illegals or Mexicans in some cases are any different. Call the police, complain to their landlord, it helps if you have an HOA.

There is no need to be banding everyone of a "kind" to discriminate against Mexicans in town like RS-1080 described.
Unfortunately, racism aside, the police these days just don't get too excited over the sort of stuff you mention. I've been hit just in the last few weeks with an outbreak of trespassing and vandalism in my 'back lot'....most of it petty stuff (destruction of plants, etc)...and someone actually dug up and made off with a young palm tree (which tells me possibly an adult may be involved)...I felt I HAD to 'call the cops'...but obviously, they just don't get too excited about such 'petty' stuff..mostly related to just plain boorish behavior. And young 'toughs' nowadays just aren't afraid of the cops..at ALL.

AS in your case, it's pretty hard today for anyone (cops or not) to get away with telling anyone how to behave.....and that's what MOST of this is..just lousy manners.

Hope things improve with your new neighbors. I can only suggest, as Benicar and others have done, that you don't start a war with them. Sad to have to say that, but it's good advice.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:34 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,333,445 times
Unfortunately, this kind of situation IS different IF it involves illegals. It doesn't matter what they do - illegals get to do anything they want, no matter what.

Now, if they are American CITIZENS, you can probably get them arrested.

"Culture", BS - this is just the behavior of what I call "low lives" - no class. It's like someone might say "trailer trash" and get away with it, but say "Mexican illegals" and you're a racist.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:56 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,011,493 times
Yep you can also call the cops on the frat boys and they will actually do something...and you don't get called a racist.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:29 PM

219 posts, read 423,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Unfortunately, racism aside, the police these days just don't get too excited over the sort of stuff you mention. I've been hit just in the last few weeks with an outbreak of trespassing and vandalism in my 'back lot'....most of it petty stuff (destruction of plants, etc)...and someone actually dug up and made off with a young palm tree (which tells me possibly an adult may be involved)...I felt I HAD to 'call the cops'...but obviously, they just don't get too excited about such 'petty' stuff..mostly related to just plain boorish behavior. And young 'toughs' nowadays just aren't afraid of the cops..at ALL.

AS in your case, it's pretty hard today for anyone (cops or not) to get away with telling anyone how to behave.....and that's what MOST of this is..just lousy manners.

Hope things improve with your new neighbors. I can only suggest, as Benicar and others have done, that you don't start a war with them. Sad to have to say that, but it's good advice.

But it is their job to serve us, we pay their salary. It may be "petty" but it is the principle of the thing. U don't go into other people's property and take stuff, u don't make noise past a certain time, u cannot have farm animals if the area u r in is not zoned for it. These are ordinances that are on the books and if the cops think it's not important enuff becuz they are not going to be "officer of the year" then they are in that profession for the wrong reasons. I pay their salary it is their job to respond to my complaints no matter what they are.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:54 PM

21,144 posts, read 41,998,817 times
What macmeal just described may be why the above variety of punk here in Arizona tends to spook when confronted--------too many of us have CCW's and here hoodlums have few rights.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,546 times
Default It's all wrong

Americans need to start sticking together.Just about the entire USA is dealing with these types of situations.What's wrong with TRUE AMERICANS?Nobody should have to deal with people like this.Especially if they're in this country illegally.To be honest,you can try reporting illegals.But don't be surprised if you don't get helped.I mean our own government is giving illegals more benefits than Americans so why would they want to get rid of them?Best Advice honestly is to move.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:25 PM

21,144 posts, read 41,998,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieb1773 View Post
Americans need to start sticking together.Just about the entire USA is dealing with these types of situations.What's wrong with TRUE AMERICANS?Nobody should have to deal with people like this.Especially if they're in this country illegally.To be honest,you can try reporting illegals.But don't be surprised if you don't get helped.I mean our own government is giving illegals more benefits than Americans so why would they want to get rid of them?Best Advice honestly is to move.
What you just voiced is coming to pass...............

I live here in Arizona and the illegals are getting thinner on the ground.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:59 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,370,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
NOBODY should put up that that BS. It's not just "different cultures" - it's RUDE behavior that ruins everyone else's peace and quiet.

It's one thing to have your own music playing, or partying, or picking up people in a car, but ONLY if it does not bother anyone else. In other words, keep it to yourself. Or move to the country where there's no one else around.

In my city, we have a noise ordinance - if someone calls the police to report noise coming from a house, they'll come, and if they have to come BACK because they're called again, the offender is fined $200.

People are rude all over, but I have a feeling that when this many men get together and live together (illegally, since there are laws regarding number of people per square foot), they're going to be REALLY rude.

See what kind of laws you have in your city, and get them enforced. If there aren't any laws to take care of this, then you have to start a movement to get them. I don't think you'd have any trouble getting others to agree to do this. You get signatures, and eventually, it goes to the legislature - it does take time, though.

Meanwhile, if you don't own, you can move. If you do own, you'll have more trouble getting out of there. And, honestly, why should YOU be pushed out by these idiots? Makes me sick to hear about it.

I'm afraid I'd get so angry, I might do something I shouldn't - if the police wouldn't enforce the laws, I'd probably get a gun. First I'd shoot it in the air, then at the house, then at them. But, that's just me.

ROTFLMAO at that last paragraph. The only thing worse than living next door to what she described would be having Senor Boosh as POTUS for another 8 years.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:41 PM

29 posts, read 164,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayover20 View Post
I've lived in my home since 1957 and much to the dissapointment of my and my neighbors, the duplex right next door to me has at least 8-12 mexican nationals living there, on both sides who have really brought our humble little neighborhood down. They are all male except for one female and the faces change from time to time so always a turnover of sorts.
Here's a breakdown of a days activities over there: starting at 5 or 6am, different vehicles will pull up, start HONKING and 1,2 or whatever number of the men come out and get into the vehicle and it drives away.Then another and another comes, honks, picks them up and off they go, I guess for a days work. The evening and especially weekends are spent drinking, throwing beer bottles out the front or back door or onto the street. Sat and Sunday mornings we wake up to blaring music and I now have SAPD non-emergency # on my speed dial to report such nuisance.
My 20yr old daughter hates going into our lovely back yard because the men will come out and stand there staring. Yesterday I was cutting the lawn and one of them just stood there staring at me and I yelled at him to go away unless he wanted to talk to a police officer. He slowly walked away. This weekend I'm getting estimates on a privacy fence.
I am SO OVER this and was wondering is there some way to anonymously report illegal aliens?? I'm female and live alone so I don't really want to create a hostile situation but I'm at my wits end.
I am beginning to think the landlord is in on this since he buys properties and "flips" them on the cheap and probably uses these men for labor.
Sorry for the long post but I'm sure I'm not the only one going thru something like this.
And so you concluded that just because they are "mexicans" they are illegal?......see why this whole debate is really about race?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration