U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-16-2008, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,068 posts, read 15,505,802 times
Reputation: 5289

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
You mean like you always saying that the majority of Americans are ok with illegals and that we want them to stay? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I love selective facts that you use or like.
When have I said that? Can you show me a post of mine?

You are putting words into my mouth to serve your own needs.

That is twice now you have done that, 1 more time and I'll report it to a mod.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-16-2008, 12:15 PM
 
300 posts, read 482,441 times
Reputation: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
When have I said that? Can you show me a post of mine?

You are putting words into my mouth to serve your own needs.

That is twice now you have done that, 1 more time and I'll report it to a mod.
I have said nothing wrong at all. Go ahead and report me because I have nothing wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2008, 12:17 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,068 posts, read 15,505,802 times
Reputation: 5289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
I have said nothing wrong at all. Go ahead and report me because I have nothing wrong.
Can you point me to a post where I have stated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick
You mean like you always saying that the majority of Americans are ok with illegals and that we want them to stay? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I love selective facts that you use or like.
You wrongfully put words in my mouth, that I never said. In this thread and another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2008, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,178,995 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Even using my source, which is pretty sad on your part...
Why is that sad, I thought it was rather funny to turn your own source against your POV.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50
This is not being argumentative, you see in a forum you NEED to provide SOURCES to back up your STATS.
Otherwise your numbers are BS.
If you didn't notice, in my original post I said,
Quote:
"In San Antonio the odds are about 50/50 that an Hispanic male is an illegal alien. If there's 10-12 of them sharing a house those odds go up quite a bit."
That word about signifies that I'm NOT SURE what the actual, down-to-the-percentage-point figure is. Using the statistics in YOUR source, I think I did a pretty good job of proving that my 'guess' was statistically PROBABLE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2008, 12:29 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,068 posts, read 15,505,802 times
Reputation: 5289
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Why is that sad, I thought it was rather funny to turn your own source against your POV.



If you didn't notice, in my original post I said,
That word about signifies that I'm NOT SURE what the actual, down-to-the-percentage-point figure is. Using the statistics in YOUR source, I think I did a pretty good job of proving that my 'guess' was statistically PROBABLE.
Keep making numbers up, if you tried that in P&OC you would get hammered on it. Best you stay here in the "free for all" zone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2008, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,178,995 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Keep making numbers up, if you tried that in P&OC you would get hammered on it. Best you stay here in the "free for all" zone.
Hammer away, the figures in YOUR OWN SOURCE point to the probability that ONLY 50% of the Mexicans in America are EVEN LEGAL, let alone CITIZENS. Maybe you should READ the articles you cite, rather than post them for their appealing headlines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2008, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,068 posts, read 15,505,802 times
Reputation: 5289
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Hammer away, the figures in YOUR OWN SOURCE point to the probability that ONLY 50% of the Mexicans in America are EVEN LEGAL, let alone CITIZENS. Maybe you should READ the articles you cite, rather than post them for their appealing headlines.
Too late you already admitted you were NOT SURE. Keep guessing those numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2008, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,178,995 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Too late you already admitted you were NOT SURE. Keep guessing those numbers.
I'm sorry I don't 'meet your standards', Mach50. Too bad you can't DISPROVE my stated belief. We all know that there are in excess of 25 million illegal aliens in the country, with OVER 95% of those coming from Mexico and points south. In other words, Hispanic/Latino. With a TOTAL population of 45 million, it would be HARD to assume anything LESS than a 50/50 average.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2008, 04:51 PM
 
16,092 posts, read 35,849,853 times
Reputation: 6264
With 20 million illegals here it's perfectly logical.

Plus this woman has lived in San Antonio since 1957. If she isn't hispanic herself, she most likely has known scores of them all her life. I went to a majority hispanic high school in the 1970s.

Believe me, you can tell who is a new arrival.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2008, 08:50 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Try the legal suggestions others have made; but whatever you do, DO NOT antagonize them. You have no knowledge of their criminal backgrounds or proclivity for violence. I have heard of too many neighborhood disputes culminating in tragedy. Good luck!
Yes, and I disagree with the suggestion that a woman stare back because in Mexico that would be seen as desire, the man would take that as a signal that the woman wants him to take her, no eye contact should be made because it means something very different in other cultures.

Anyone who believes legal immigrants from Mexico live 18 men/1 woman to a house has a strange prejudice against legal immigrants from Mexico or believes that our immigration laws have become void of any requirements and standards. The standards may be very lax but are not as bad as that -- yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top