U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 07:52 PM

29 posts, read 77,616 times
Smile :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
There is no Mexican race-------a person of can be of any race/ethnicity to be a Mexican citizen.

I have known several White Mexicans with little or no indigenous Indian heritage.
And another thing......

did you see how the term "mexican" was used to describe someone who "appears" "illegal" even though illegals actually come from all known nations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 08:28 PM

21,157 posts, read 25,580,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjames3000 View Post
And another thing......

did you see how the term "mexican" was used to describe someone who "appears" "illegal" even though illegals actually come from all known nations?
Considering that about 85% of the illegals come from either Mexico or Central America and that most 'White' Hispanics tend to stay at home due to most of them being on top of the socio-economic totem pole there---------the cold reality is that most illegals would be Mestizo.

Trust me: if most of the illegal immigrants were Nordic White people from Scandinavia; I would be just as angry at the above lawbreakers------and, I am Nordic White in appearance to boot.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:27 PM

47,586 posts, read 33,436,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjames3000 View Post
that's why the term "mexicans" is in quotes.......
Why put "mexicans" in quotes when the word "mexican" describes a citizen or resident of Mexico? A Mexican can be pure white, black, or any other, there is no more reason to put "Mexican" in quotes than to put "USA citizen" in quotes.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:42 AM

1,424 posts, read 173,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Considering that about 85% of the illegals come from either Mexico or Central America and that most 'White' Hispanics tend to stay at home due to most of them being on top of the socio-economic totem pole there---------the cold reality is that most illegals would be Mestizo.

Trust me: if most of the illegal immigrants were Nordic White people from Scandinavia; I would be just as angry at the above lawbreakers------and, I am Nordic White in appearance to boot.
Although there is no exact figure:
Quote:
Pew Hispanic Center has estimated that 57% of illegal immigrants come from Mexico; 24% from the rest of Latin America and 19% from elsewhere

Old 07-25-2008, 08:46 AM

2,070 posts, read 2,204,697 times
85%....81%.... Are we really quibbling over a lousy 4% points?

And BTW, most of Pew's figures tend to be on the conservative side...

Old 07-25-2008, 09:45 AM

21,157 posts, read 25,580,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
85%....81%.... Are we really quibbling over a lousy 4% points?

And BTW, most of Pew's figures tend to be on the conservative side...
Thank you.

Hence my using the word 'about' in front of the 85% figure that I posted.

Even 80% is not acceptable------it is a damning indictment against the arguments that the pro illegal side post inferring that illegal Hispanics are not the main problem. In other words: if 20% of the illegals were Latino and 80% were Irish----------the main hostility would be against the latter due to their sheer numbers.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:05 AM

9,681 posts, read 13,135,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Although there is no exact figure:
Way to go - you just confirmed Arizona Bear's statement, and from the Pew Hispanic Center's numbers no less....

*high five*

Looks like AB has a new disciple!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:50 PM

3 posts, read 4,248 times
ok, option 3 sucks. if you move, they win.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:47 PM

113 posts, read 238,769 times
Wow, thanks for the responses everyone! Since then I have had a nice privacy fence put in place to the tune of $1450.00 for just that side. I left the original chain link fence in place to prevent any question regarding boundaries. Now I can go out any time day or night to work in my garden or entertain when family comes over---and NO prying eyes!

I didn't mean to sound so biased with the use of "illegal aliens" but to me if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck then it's a duck. As for me, I'm a hispanic female born here in SA and my parents and their parents were from Hondo Tx.

Why should we be so tolerant of everyone's bad behaviour nowadays? Is it too much to expect your neighbor to have some kind of respect for others around them? I don't care what they do in their 4 walls but when they throw beer bottles out into the street, trash their yard with broken sofas and piles of beer cans and trash, then it's OUR problem because our neighborhood is going down. Then the city has the nerve to raise our property taxes---how's that??? I'm paying more for much less and this area is NOT somewhere people are looking to live in. So us oldtimers who have a heart for our humble homes and streets are going to raise hell for the ones bringing it further down.

Well, I've only had to call the police twice since I first posted...for blaring polka music on an early Saturday morning and for fighting amongst themselves one Friday late at night.

At least now the only time I have to see them is when pulling in or out of the driveway, as they sit on their front porch, no shirts on any of them (well it is hot you know), staring at anyone who goes by. UGH.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:00 PM

15,948 posts, read 24,966,686 times
Glad you are now having better luck. I saw large group like that on a porch when I was driving by the other day, then saw a girl on a bike headed in that direction. I almost want to stop and warn her or turn around and see if she got by there ok!

I am still amazed that other posters just can't understand why we who have been around for a while can tell who is new and who isn't..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration