Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 10:51 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,585,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjames3000 View Post
And so you concluded that just because they are "mexicans" they are illegal?......see why this whole debate is really about race?
In San Antonio the odds are about 50/50 that an Hispanic male is an illegal alien. If there's 10-12 of them sharing a house those odds go up quite a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 11:45 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,437,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
In San Antonio the odds are about 50/50 that an Hispanic male is an illegal alien. If there's 10-12 of them sharing a house those odds go up quite a bit.
Just a sec, San Antonio is worse than California which was proven to be 70/30 legal/illegal Mexicans?

SOURCE:
The immigration debate: 70 percent of Mexicans in California are U.S. citizens - San Jose Mercury News

Do you have a source to back up your numbers of 50/50 in San Antonio?

Old 07-16-2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Just a sec, San Antonio is worse than California which was proven to be 70/30 legal/illegal Mexicans?

SOURCE:
The immigration debate: 70 percent of Mexicans in California are U.S. citizens - San Jose Mercury News

Do you have a source to back up your numbers of 50/50?
Nope, nothing other than personal knowledge and common sense. But while looking at YOUR source I found these nuggets...
Quote:
California's Mexican population, boosted by a boom in births, is moving steadily into citizenship,
Kinda hard not to when you're dropping anchor babies like there's no tomorrow. Oh, that's right , there IS no tomorrow.
Quote:
Births to people of Mexican ancestry are the biggest factor driving the citizenship spurt, with state public health records and census data showing there have been about 1.5 million children born to parents of Mexican ancestry since 2000
1.5 million automatic citizens, it's no wonder your percentages are getting higher.
Quote:
Just five months ago, he and his wife, Lucilla, had their first son in this country.

"He's American," the 28-year-old said, smiling as he called his son's birth in the country his first "gift" to him.

Loerca and his wife, who would someday like to become naturalized citizens, could be forced to leave through deportation if their illegal status draws government attention.

But he noted that his son would still be able to come back to this country one day because he's a citizen.

"I want to have kids here, to give them opportunity," he said. "To be a citizen is to have opportunity."

He and his wife would like to have three more children, and he's hoping to have them within the next few years.
3 more little anchors and the household will hit the California average... Isn't THAT special???
Quote:
In North Carolina, the state with the biggest percentage of Latino growth during the 1990s, just 41 percent of Mexicans are U.S. citizens, and there has been no increase since 2000 in the total number of Mexican-Americans who have become citizens through naturalization there.
That's a more reasonable figure for the US as a whole, although it's LOWER than my 50/50. Are you sure you want me to keep digging?

Old 07-16-2008, 01:06 AM

So you have no sources, just another statistician with no facts.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:33 AM

299 posts, read 545,502 times
Quote:
Quite arguing! You have no proof for what you are saying either. The fact is, all of us know what we can see and what we hear wherever it is that we live. On top of that, just read the papers and such all over the internet and you will find that what all of us that are against illegals is in fact true. That is what bothers you, it seems.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:03 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,014,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjames3000 View Post
And so you concluded that just because they are "mexicans" they are illegal?......see why this whole debate is really about race?
There is no Mexican race-------a person of can be of any race/ethnicity to be a Mexican citizen.

I have known several White Mexicans with little or no indigenous Indian heritage.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:28 AM

Quote:
I said I just used YOUR sources, you really should pay closer attention.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
But then, he would have nothing to argue about!

Old 07-16-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Even using my source, which is pretty sad on your part, where does it state San Antionio is 50/50 illegal/legal Hispanics like you stated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra
This is not being argumentative, you see in a forum you NEED to provide SOURCES to back up your STATS.
Otherwise your numbers are BS.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Otherwise your numbers are BS.
You mean like you always saying that the majority of Americans are ok with illegals and that we want them to stay? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I love selective facts that you use or like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration