Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 07:04 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,040,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Why do they always stare? They do the same thing to me and I'm a guy. These illegals have no boundaries whatsoever....
It is called intimidation: if you were to return the stare and were ready to back it up-------most of those punks would be petrified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 07:34 AM

299 posts, read 545,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
It is called intimidation: if you were to return the stare and were ready to back it up-------most of those punks would be petrified.
You don't even have to be prepared to back it up either. They are just normal bullies, much the same as some of the open border pro-illegal people we have in here. They are wimps in reality.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:43 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,521,481 times
Quote:
Why do they always stare? They do the same thing to me and I'm a guy. These illegals have no boundaries whatsoever....
It's a challenge. A man staring at a man is trying to get something started, a man staring at a woman isn't looking for a fight but something else. For that reason, I would not advise a woman to ever stare back, that would be seen as asking for it, wanting it.

A Mexican male trying to be polite doesn't stare down people, it's actually the opposite, they'll look down to the ground -- which makes some people think they look guilty when that's actually not the case.

There might be some times where what is seen as staring though is just someone observing. They are in a strange new country, they might just be watching people the same way we would when we're visiting a country we don't know. You can tell when it's a hostile stare or just someone watching out of curiousity.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:48 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,587,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaleman View Post
Uhh...Military, large corporations (at&t, valero, toyota just to name a few), people cashing out of the California real estate market are all reasons for San Antonio's population growth. To say that the only reason San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the US is because of illegals is both completely wrong, and insulting to the hard working people who have chosen to make San Antonio their home. I moved to San Antonio 12 years ago, and amazingly enough, I'm a born and raised US citizen.

The fastest growing areas of town are the north side (Stone Oak), where I'm sure someone trying to stay under the radar wouldn't be able to afford to live.

You make it sound as though San Antonio is overrun with illegal immigrants and that's certainly not the case. I'm certainly not saying that there aren't any illegal immigrants here, but it's no worse here than anywhere else.

If you have something against San Antonio, please air it out...let us know what it is. Don't make things up to make it sound like San Antonio is a bad place to live and work. People actually use these forums for information on cities and info like yours that is not based in any sort of fact, skews people's views of our city.
Yep, that's what they called 'white flight' back in the 60's. Whole tracts of in-town housing being abandoned by their owners to become rentals or worse, kind of like the area I lived in when I was there.

You do know where McCullough is, right?

Old 07-20-2008, 02:14 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,464,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Here we see old broken down travel trailers being used to house entire families, or 4 families living in one small house, or you can sometimes find a family living out of an old broken down car out in the desert, or you can find slum one bedroom apartments with 14people sleeping on the floor, day laborers begging for jobs in some parking lot but I'm sure those are all long time American citizen hispanics whose families have lived in the USA for at least a century and even though they've lived in the USA for over 100 years, they've never managed to learn a word of English. There -- now I'm politically correct, I assume all hispanics are legal USA citizens. In fact I'm so good now, when I see a hispanic in a business suit speaking perfect unaccented English, I assume he is likely an illegal.
ROFL! Their ancestors probably came over on the Mayflower, too.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:04 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,278,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-1080 View Post
INo,DeKalb county was what it is when I came here, but I can't blame the folks here that have faught change. .
I'm sure they faught the good fight. Sounds like a great place.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:45 AM

299 posts, read 545,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I'm sure they faught the good fight. Sounds like a great place.
I think it went right over their head.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:30 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,060,528 times
Quote:

"Mirada fuerte" ("the strong look"), a deep, consuming stare..

At least that's what Picasso's stare was called.

They do the same thing here, it can be very disconcerting. Especially when you wave or smile and they just keep staring.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:15 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,040,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
"Mirada fuerte" ("the strong look"), a deep, consuming stare..

At least that's what Picasso's stare was called.

They do the same thing here, it can be very disconcerting. Especially when you wave or smile and they just keep staring.
I have noticed that most people tend not give me that stare.......perhaps because my facial features are so masculine to the point of almost being sinister so I have been told.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:23 PM

29 posts, read 164,151 times
Smile :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
There is no Mexican race-------a person of can be of any race/ethnicity to be a Mexican citizen.

I have known several White Mexicans with little or no indigenous Indian heritage.
that's why the term "mexicans" is in quotes.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration