Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2008, 10:23 PM

951 posts, read 3,699,342 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody.

I came to this country 10 years ago and I do not want to move back. My husband was stationed in Bosnia when we met ( I am not from there ) and we fell in love and then the Army moved us here. I would never have moved here if it was not for him. My country is great and we have all the freedoms you have so my move here was nothing but for love of a US soldier. Fortunately we are still happily married and I now consider this my number one home. I try to visit my home land every other year and sure, I miss it a lot. My dear family and my friends. The beautiful cities and countryside and it's very old and rich history.
But USA also have an amazing history. Many people I have talked to during my time here tells me that the US has no real culture or history. That this country is only some 230 years old.
I never understood this. This country, The USA might only be 232 years old on paper but that doesn't mean the culture and history only goes back that far. Talk about a nation that just explodes with culture and history.
The only thing that bugs me is you national anthem. I can't seam to get the words right. They twist in my mouth when I try to sing it.

Bye bye
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 10:29 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,738,142 times
America does have a history, and its really colorful. Lots of different cultures in this country make our American culture.
Glad you are here and seem to have a great love of the country.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:27 PM

219 posts, read 424,178 times
That was very nice to hear, yes America is great, no one can deny that. But when u hear of all these people complaining and not looking at all that we are blessed with u wuld think this was hell. I am glad to hear u love it so much. I do to. Practice the national anthem, it does gets easier but with practice. Enjoy!

Old 07-14-2008, 11:36 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,144,090 times
many have never lived anywhere else so the word freedom is a meaningless term bek its all they ever knew.
when you are sitting on the floor with all the toys open, all you see around you is wrappings and ribbon trash.
probably what i hear most of late is why isn't my slice of the pie larger.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:42 AM

136 posts, read 291,815 times
Those who claim that America has no culture are purely ignorant.

For a country that has created rock and roll, blues, jazz, country music, disco music, funk, techno, tap dancing, R&B, rap, abstract expressionism, ragtime, swing, volleyball, baseball, scrabble, hippie movement, beat movement, etc. in less than three hundred years is impressive.

I may not like my government's policies but I love my country.

If anyone tells you otherwise then just mention what I've listed and so on.

Last edited by mdonaldson; 07-15-2008 at 01:16 AM..

Old 07-15-2008, 07:49 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,505,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonaldson View Post
Those who claim that America has no culture are purely ignorant.

For a country that has created rock and roll, blues, jazz, country music, disco music, funk, techno, tap dancing, R&B, rap, abstract expressionism, ragtime, swing, volleyball, baseball, scrabble, hippie movement, beat movement, etc. in less than three hundred years is impressive.

I may not like my government's policies but I love my country.

If anyone tells you otherwise then just mention what I've listed and so on.
Agreed. Thank you!

Old 07-15-2008, 09:05 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,627,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
Hello everybody.

I came to this country 10 years ago and I do not want to move back. My husband was stationed in Bosnia when we met ( I am not from there ) and we fell in love and then the Army moved us here. I would never have moved here if it was not for him. My country is great and we have all the freedoms you have so my move here was nothing but for love of a US soldier. Fortunately we are still happily married and I now consider this my number one home. I try to visit my home land every other year and sure, I miss it a lot. My dear family and my friends. The beautiful cities and countryside and it's very old and rich history.
But USA also have an amazing history. Many people I have talked to during my time here tells me that the US has no real culture or history. That this country is only some 230 years old.
I never understood this. This country, The USA might only be 232 years old on paper but that doesn't mean the culture and history only goes back that far. Talk about a nation that just explodes with culture and history.
The only thing that bugs me is you national anthem. I can't seam to get the words right. They twist in my mouth when I try to sing it.

Bye bye
Welcome to the US. By the way the words to the national anthem go.....Jose can you see?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration