U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 07:06 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times

Advertisements

Here's an update on the hospital situation in Texas.
Quote:
El Paso County officials believe the authorization that allows wounded Mexican law-enforcement agents to cross the international bridges to seek medical treatment is taking place at the federal level, and that they should be informed about the decisions.
County wants drug-war patient access clarified - El Paso Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 08:24 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,712,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Here's an update on the hospital situation in Texas.

County wants drug-war patient access clarified - El Paso Times
This has to stop. The Mexican police officer was admitted to Thomason on Friday and discharged on Monday. Sorry, but I find it difficult to believe that he had life threatening injuries that could ONLY be treated in a level one trauma hospital if he recovered that quickly. This is nonsense. There are hospitals in Juarez, there is no reason he had to come here. It is simply unfair to dump the problems of providing security for him on the community of El Paso. I believe there is a school not too far from Thomason, people there were concerned about their children's safety the first time the place went on lockdown a few months ago. The hospital's mission is to serve the citizens of El Paso. This lockdown business is basically depriving them of a community hospital. If your child cuts his head, how eager are his parents supposed to be to take him to the ER if there is this security issue? And all this has to be real reassuring to women in late pregnancy who are planning to deliver at Thomason. Frankly, I'd be trying to find someplace else that would take me.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:34 PM

2,779 posts, read 6,669,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luiso View Post
never assume that american politicians, border area da's ,judges are not on someone else's payroll with direct deposit to swiss or caiman island accounts .
There are a lot of high figures in other countries be it politicians and so called business people who need the borders open to export drugs and weapons to usa
bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-16-2008, 06:49 AM

300 posts, read 481,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
This has to stop. The Mexican police officer was admitted to Thomason on Friday and discharged on Monday. Sorry, but I find it difficult to believe that he had life threatening injuries that could ONLY be treated in a level one trauma hospital if he recovered that quickly. This is nonsense. There are hospitals in Juarez, there is no reason he had to come here. It is simply unfair to dump the problems of providing security for him on the community of El Paso. I believe there is a school not too far from Thomason, people there were concerned about their children's safety the first time the place went on lockdown a few months ago. The hospital's mission is to serve the citizens of El Paso. This lockdown business is basically depriving them of a community hospital. If your child cuts his head, how eager are his parents supposed to be to take him to the ER if there is this security issue? And all this has to be real reassuring to women in late pregnancy who are planning to deliver at Thomason. Frankly, I'd be trying to find someplace else that would take me.
You noticed that too. They have constantly said that the people that they treat from Mexico in that hospital are almost on their deathbeds, and yet, one will read within a day or so how they have been or are being released.

You have to understand that El Paso is basically an extension of Juarez anymore. It ios a shame but from what I have seen there, when I visited my son in the Army, that place is nothing but Mexicans. I realize that there are Americans that live there, but the Mexicans have completely taken over that city. No matter where I went to eat, people were speaking Spanish and could barely, if at all, speak English in America, and of course would get upset if one did not speak Spanish. Luckily we were ok when it came to language but it makes me sick that much of the southwest is so Mexico.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:59 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,659,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
You noticed that too. They have constantly said that the people that they treat from Mexico in that hospital are almost on their deathbeds, and yet, one will read within a day or so how they have been or are being released.

You have to understand that El Paso is basically an extension of Juarez anymore. It ios a shame but from what I have seen there, when I visited my son in the Army, that place is nothing but Mexicans. I realize that there are Americans that live there, but the Mexicans have completely taken over that city. No matter where I went to eat, people were speaking Spanish and could barely, if at all, speak English in America, and of course would get upset if one did not speak Spanish. Luckily we were ok when it came to language but it makes me sick that much of the southwest is so Mexico.
I was stationed at Ft Bliss in El Paso in the 70's. English was the majority language spoken in every place I went. Most Mexican Americans in El Paso primary language was english. There were no gangs, grafitti, signs in spanish, and very few barrios. El Paso's Anglo population was probably 60%. I agree Juarez has taken over El Paso for the worst.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
I was stationed at Ft Bliss in El Paso in the 70's. English was the majority language spoken in every place I went. Most Mexican Americans in El Paso primary language was english. There were no gangs, grafitti, signs in spanish, and very few barrios. El Paso's Anglo population was probably 60%. I agree Juarez has taken over El Paso for the worst.
Oh yeah, it was a nice city back in those days but now that the Mexicans have taken over, and I mean Mexicans and not Americans, it is sh**hole and a terrible place to live.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:01 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,659,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
Oh yeah, it was a nice city back in those days but now that the Mexicans have taken over, and I mean Mexicans and not Americans, it is sh**hole and a terrible place to live.

El Paso will have a hard time luring non bilingual educated Americans to El Paso. El Paso's over abundance of low skilled labor also keeps the wages low.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
El Paso will have a hard time luring non bilingual educated Americans to El Paso. El Paso's over abundance of low skilled labor also keeps the wages low.
Yes, you are quite right. It is too bad too. Las Cruces is in the same boat though. It is a shame really.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:20 AM

11,215 posts, read 7,610,222 times
They want us to protect them while the person that ran over a border patrol agent with a Hummer and killed him was let loose by Mexican authorities.
Nice neighbors we have.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:34 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
They want us to protect them while the person that ran over a border patrol agent with a Hummer and killed him was let loose by Mexican authorities.
Nice neighbors we have.
And said BP agent was an American whose family hailed from Mexico.

RIP, sir
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or