U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
So what if he did mess up? It isn't like "your" boys and girls don't mess up all of the time. I am sure that you don't want to discuss the blurbs and outright hateful remarks that come out of the mouths of many of the La Raza types or the Chicanos who wish to make this country into Mexico. I am talking about the remarks to kill, if necessary, all Anglo whites to get what they want. That has been touted for years by many different people, all part of "your" people.
He messed up enough to his knowledge to have the remark "REMOVED" from the transcript.

I know it is hard for you to do, but stay on topic: it is Lou Dobbs - Is He Racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 11:06 AM

300 posts, read 481,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
He messed up enough to his knowledge to have the remark "REMOVED" from the transcript.

I know it is hard for you to do, but stay on topic: it is Lou Dobbs - Is He Racist?
NO, he is not a racist. How about that? Do you comprehend or do you need for me to help you with some reading comprehension? He is sick and tired, like the rest of the normal Americans, of the PC cr** that you and others like to push. That is all there is to it and nothing else.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:11 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Quote:
Well obviously I am not the only one who deems it racist:

Urban Dictionary: cotton-picker

There are your 2 definitions, which one has the most votes UP and DOWN?
IMHO those votes really don't qualify as a 'representative sample', so it can't be determined what the majority of Americans really think about the term 'cotton-picker, and IF they did, it would only prove to me that the 'general public' has an inability to think rationally. Witness our nation's current fascination with 'globalism' and 'diversity'.

As Lou Dobbs stated,"We are the MOST DIVERSE nation on the PLANET."

Old 07-16-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
IMHO those votes really don't qualify as a 'representative sample', so it can't be determined what the majority of Americans really think about the term 'cotton-picker, and IF they did, it would only prove to me that the 'general public' has an inability to think rationally. Witness our nation's current fascination with 'globalism' and 'diversity'.

As Lou Dobbs stated,"We are the MOST DIVERSE nation on the PLANET."
True, but people like Mach and others seem to want this nation to be El Norte, nothern Mexico and not a diverse America.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:14 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Is that why he stopped what he was saying?
Where did he get the idea of Cotton Picker?

FYI that remark was also PURGED from the Transcript, admitting he knew it was the wrong thing to say.
Think Progress CNN Scrubs Dobbs’ Racially Charged Comment From Transcript
Oh lord . . . everybody who doesn't agree with yours, AMC's, LaRaza and Lulacs stance is NOT a racist.

I am black and a descendant of slaves and to claim the term "cotton pickin" is racist is the most ridiculous, psychotic thing I have yet to read on this board. I use the term cotton pickin' ALL THE TIME.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Oh lord . . . everybody who doesn't agree with yours, AMC's, LaRaza and Lulacs stance is NOT a racist.

I am black and a descendant of slaves and to claim the term "cotton pickin" is racist is the most ridiculous, psychotic thing I have yet to read on this board. I use the term cotton picking ALL THE TIME.
Thank you and too true, to say the least.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:19 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
The term has been around for about 2 centuries, and while it's roots MAY harken back to the days of slavery, the fact remains that there were LOTS of WHITE sharecroppers who were 'cotton-pickers', too. My mother used to tell me to "keep my cotton-pickin' hands out of the cookie jar". I know PLENTY of Black Americans who use that term in the same way.

IMHO, it's only a 'racial' comment to those who've become professional victims.
I'm old school and myself and some of my friends still use the term "cotton pickin''. For us it's a substitution for the "F" bomb. To imply that Lou is racist simply because he was about to use the term in the same sentence with Condi Rice's name is beyond absurd. I knew exactly what he wanted to say.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
I love the ignorance, you act as if I am writing every blog and uploading videos on YouTube about him being a racist.

Listen folks I just posted the link, do you think I accused him of being racist? I don't have to, many others have already.

I don't even watch him, but I read about his comments quite a bit.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:28 AM

35 posts, read 53,815 times
Default Is He Racist?

First off to clear up a few things. Yes I am biased, but we all are. That however will not affect my study. I will continue to record representation ratios and to record comments that are made by Mr. Dobbs that are designed to insult people of color and create fear around the topic of immigration or any other racial issue. It is not okay for us to dismiss anyone's racism by the fact that we all have it. Yes we all do. The history of this country is based on over 300+ years of racism which still influences our society today. To recognize this is important, but to do nothing after recognizing it is ignorant. The goal of TTR is to point out this one specific case and to relate that to the larger picture. I will post daily on what information I have gathered as well as my comments on the show. I would challenge anyone who is skeptical to follow my post and challenge my information. I will gladly argue to support the charges i pose to Mr. Dobbs.

This is a small study of a large social phenomenon. If anyone thinks im picking on Mr. Dobbs, then they can do a national study of the racism that exists in every single person. Id rather study the person that achieves a near 1 million viewers per night. There are a lot of people that wholeheartedly agree with Mr. Dobbs. Though I feel that he has somewhat of an idea of reality, it is certainly not developed enough in my opinion.

Anyone who is skeptical is welcome to challenge TTR on our opinions in the blog.

TheTechRevolution

Old 07-16-2008, 11:42 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
To whom it may concern:

Lou Dobbs may come perilously close to the 'line' of polite speech--------hey, we still have buffoons like ol' Jesse cut Obama's nuts off Jackson who do more harm than good. Yet Jesse is still 'allowed' to shoot off his low class mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration