Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 02:24 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,335,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pines View Post
Hurry get Lou Dobbs off of TV he is agitating globalists who hate nationlism!! He could be creating Lou Dobbsian followers with the same type of thinking! Smear him anyway you can hurry! Crush awareness before it spreads!

Well said funny thing is many Mexican Americans I know want closed borders as they know drugs,gangs are coming through them but the extremist group who doesnt seem to care about that "La Raza" is loud and funded by Mexico thus they are the ones heard.

When you hear "I am against closed borders but not against a comprehensive border plan" that means Lets do NOTHING but debate this for decades .

Meanwhile the drugs and illegal guns keep pouring in .

Mexican politicians want to silence Lou Dobbs as due Mexican drug cartels (sometimes they are the same) . La Raza is their voice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 02:31 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,125,100 times
Others only verbally assassinate Lou - so I think he is a brave man to speak out.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:32 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,479,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Well said funny thing is many Mexican Americans I know want closed borders as they know drugs,gangs are coming through them but the extremist group who doesnt seem to care about that "La Raza" is loud and funded by Mexico thus they are the ones heard.

When you hear "I am against closed borders but not against a comprehensive border plan" that means Lets do NOTHING but debate this for decades .

Mexican politicians want to silence Lou Dobbs as due Mexican drug cartels (sometimes they are the same) . La Raza is their voice.
When you say "La Raza" are you referring to the NCLR?
And are you saying that the NCLR is funded by the Mexican politicians and drug cartels?

I am guessing this is just your opinion and you have nothing to really back up that claim. My sources show that American companies funded the "NCLR" including the Ford Foundation.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:32 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,335,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
That would be because he hasn't. The only people who think he has happen to be the racists themselves or people just looking to start trouble. The main ones who dislike Dobbs happens to be the people who hate anyone who happens to be against illegal immigration and want the laws followed.

I agree but even putting aside illegal immigration the drugs are pouring via the borders .

The Mexican Drug cartels/families are fighting for border control thats their export highway to USA .

We have fueled them giving them power with open borders they have made huge sums of money now we are giving the corrupt Mexican gvmt money to fight them and they may or may not but we are also giving the Drug cartels money at same time by allowing their drugs to come via the borders.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:44 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,397,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I will take my 30 lashes with a wet noodle

In that case, I'll forgive . . . don't let it happen again.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post

The NCLR is recently received a guarantee for 10 MILLION American tax dollars. They are also being egged on by a slew of corporate masters:

National Council of La Raza: Site Search (http://www.nclr.org/content/search/?search_query=Corporate+Sponsors - broken link)

National Council of La Raza: Programs (http://www.nclr.org/content/programs/detail/895/ - broken link)

Despite all the generous "donations" "the Race" is on a slippery slope.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:05 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,538,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
When you say "La Raza" are you referring to the NCLR?
And are you saying that the NCLR is funded by the Mexican politicians and drug cartels?

I am guessing this is just your opinion and you have nothing to really back up that claim. My sources show that American companies funded the "NCLR" including the Ford Foundation.
It's very possible.
YouTube - The National Council of La Raza aids the Mexican Government

Old 07-16-2008, 03:11 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,089,400 times
From what I've gathered, Lou Dobbs seems pretty strongly anti-Hispanic, particularly anti-Mexican.
HOWEVER, his two daughters are deeply involved in fancy horse riding and showing, a hobby that requires great gobs of money to afford, and the people who support that hobby are apparently mostly or all Hispanic who are paid low wages for their work...

What's wrong with that picture??

Old 07-16-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
From what I've gathered, Lou Dobbs seems pretty strongly anti-Hispanic, particularly anti-Mexican.
HOWEVER, his two daughters are deeply involved in fancy horse riding and showing, a hobby that requires great gobs of money to afford, and the people who support that hobby are apparently mostly or all Hispanic who are paid low wages for their work...

What's wrong with that picture??
Right, that's why he has been MARRIED to A MEXICAN Woman for more than 25 years. As for what his daughters do, why is that an issue. The Dobbs family is living the life they can afford to live.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:33 PM

35 posts, read 61,550 times
Default No Problem with Lou

I have no problem with Lou as a Person, but as a person who lies about the reality of the border and essentailly claims that millions of tons of drugs come over the border and that a large majority of those crossing are terrorists i do have a problem. This is not the reality. The reality is that a large majority of people who come over are workers who are obeying the "free market" which does not exist and is in fact controlled by the will of the very same evil corporations and businesses that Mr. Dobbs expresses his dislike of. The issue is that the US Government and US corporations and US dominated Trade Organizations (WTO, IMF, World Bank, Etc.) have dictated the terms of economic conditions of other countries especially in south america. If the economic conditions in Mexico were better, the cartel problem would be lower as the attraction would decrease give the risk reward ratio. If there were more jobs in Mexico, less mexicans would be interested in joining the cartel because they would have good, steady and reliable employment inside a more stable economy. Building a border fence will not solve the problem-it would only isolate it. Improving the economy would certainly help.

Lou Dobbs would rather have us rally together in a sense of fear for the millions of mexican drug cartel terrorists who are coming to our country to hand out heroin on Halloween than to truly understand the extremely complex situation that exists in reality. The truth is that ALL of the 9/11 terrorist came over on valid and legal visas given by the US government. This causes less suspicion should the individual ever have a run in with government officials and is continually used by all criminal organizations. The problem is that US foriegn policy is based on dominance instead of joining the world commmunity on a collaborative side. This policy is self destructive. This is not to say that American people are bad or evil, but instead to note that the government has conducted business to attempt to keep itself as the sole dominant power in a world that is continually becoming more global. The strategy is not effective. Lou Dobbs would like the US to become like China or Japan were in early modern times. We would be shut off from the world and we would loose dearly from it. During that time in Asian history, the societies once seen as leading in the technological edge ended up being far behind the times and then became servants of other more powerful nations. For those who are nationalist, you should look at this point in history. Our nation would be destroyed by following the protectionist policies put forward by Mr. Dobbs.

We don't just have to fight for our jobs, but as big business moves over seas to exploit others in our place, we must fight for them. In many countries when they try to fight for themselves, they fired, blacklisted, or even worse - killed. The World is Global and for us to act as if the US is the only nation on the planet worth caring about is to be ignorant, foolish and self destructive.

The president and the government is working on constructing what will be called the North American Union (NAU) which is to be designed much like the European Union. This is designed solely for the profit of business - certainly not for workers. Mr. Dobbs would be against this solely on the fact that we would essentially have open borders and that there would be a formal geo-political power and political structure that was made of the US, Mexico, and Canada. This would greatly diffuse and offend nationalists - something that Mr. Dobbs certianly is. (on this note I would ask nationalists to look at the nationalists in a global historical perspective - There are some pretty scary people ion that collection). The problem with the NAU is not the idea, but the structure. It will be designed to profit big business, not workers. Our wages will continue to go down. Mr. Dobbs will blame it on mexicans, when in actuality, it is the big business that designed the whole structure. By using the desparation that central and south american workers are in they will accomplish three goals.

1. Make a massive profit off of hiring cheaper workers.
2. Incite nationalist reistance and violence to and forigener - which leads to..
3. Working class people never being able to collectivly fight against the evil big business corporations that Mr. Dobbs hates so much.

In this sense. Most if not all of Mr. Dobbs interpretations are analytically short. That is to say that he does not analyze the reality enough. He takes it for the face value without digging deeper, much like he did with the name of NCLR.

It is this apparent short analytical side and massive nationalist trend that threatens working people here in this country. Mr. Dobbs and his blindingly white teeth will smile us into oblivion if we don't start to analyze reality at a greater depth instead of taking the word of people we see on TV. After all, TV is about profit - Lou Dobbs says what he says to make money in the end. Who knows if he really means it. If what he was saying was really going to be beneficial to us, why would a large massive corporation like AOL/Time Warner run his show or allow him to use his studio? Ask yourself the question, If Mr. Dobbs is against big, evil corporations, why is he ok working for one? That doesn't make sense. The reality is that he is feeding us something we all simply want to hear so that we can push the blame of the situation off onto someone else instead of analyzing the depth of the situation. As long as we are mad that there might by millions of drug cartel terrorists in out country who might rape our kids, give out free heroin, steal from our grandparents, or some other seriously offensive and shocking crime, we will never see the elephant in the room. That elephant is big business. Business and economics run the government, there is no independence from that. Working people who don't own/run business or business organizations have little control. Mr. Dobbs will keep us blind while the elephant stomps on our head. Seriously folks. Stop treating him like a saint. Open your eyes. See the elephant.

Mr. Dobbs promotes racist though, seperatist ideology, and nationalistic fervor that is dangerous to working american people. Most nationalist trends coexist with obvious or underlying racist trends. This phenomenon has happened before in the US post WWI. The Repatriation of the 1930s - a violation of human rights - followed the growth of a similar movement that Mr. Dobbs promotes in the modern age. Keep that in mind.

If there are no jobs in your town do you go a town over to look for jobs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration