U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-16-2008, 12:15 PM
 
16,703 posts, read 18,925,010 times
Reputation: 6803

Advertisements

It seems that the U.S. has several illegal mexican immigrants on death row for some serious crimes. The U.N. wants to give the criminals a second chance at court? WTH is going on... We should withdraw from the U.N. and tell them to stick it..

World Court urges U.S. to halt Mexicans' executions - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/07/16/mexico.court.ap/index.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-16-2008, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,309 posts, read 25,674,204 times
Reputation: 10566
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
It seems that the U.S. has several illegal mexican immigrants on death row for some serious crimes. The U.N. wants to give the criminals a second chance at court? WTH is going on... We should withdraw from the U.N. and tell them to stick it.
Great idea, evilnewbie.

The UN has evolved into nothing but a gaggle of UNETHICAL NUTCASES and CROOKS sponging off the Taxpayers of the United States and rarely, if ever, do they accomplish anything positive or worthwhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2008, 03:18 PM
 
6,011 posts, read 6,729,187 times
Reputation: 739
Wow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2008, 04:22 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,735,553 times
Reputation: 223
Since they were not given the right to their consulate after their arrest I agree. There have been others that were in prison only to find out now that we have DNA, that in fact they were innocent.
How many blacks have been imprisoned on false allegations? Do you not think that there are some black people that still worry when being pulled over by the police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2008, 04:40 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Reputation: 3028
This is unadulterated BS! These murderers should not receive leniency, and the UN has no legitimate power to dictate how we punish convicted murderers. Furthermore, if Mexico is so concerned about this scum, why don’t they keep their violent criminals in their own country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2008, 08:39 PM
 
48,519 posts, read 81,063,674 times
Reputation: 17978
The UN has been shown for years to be a hot airbag. Look at hwo they have on their human rights council;the worst offenders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2008, 08:44 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,731,841 times
Reputation: 22159
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Since they were not given the right to their consulate after their arrest I agree. There have been others that were in prison only to find out now that we have DNA, that in fact they were innocent.
How many blacks have been imprisoned on false allegations? Do you not think that there are some black people that still worry when being pulled over by the police.

Ridiculous. We cannot be a nation so divided that one set of laws exist for the American citizens and the Mexicans who live and give birth here and take everything they can are exempt from the laws.

This is extreme racism. A white or black criminal can be given the death penalty, but a Mexican citizen must be let off simply for his race?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2008, 08:51 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,735,553 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Ridiculous. We cannot be a nation so divided that one set of laws exist for the American citizens and the Mexicans who live and give birth here and take everything they can are exempt from the laws.

This is extreme racism. A white or black criminal can be given the death penalty, but a Mexican citizen must be let off simply for his race?
It has nothing to do with letting them off because of their race, it is about being on death row without counsel, everyone should be entitled to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2008, 08:51 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Ridiculous. We cannot be a nation so divided that one set of laws exist for the American citizens and the Mexicans who live and give birth here and take everything they can are exempt from the laws.

This is extreme racism. A white or black criminal can be given the death penalty, but a Mexican citizen must be let off simply for his race?
Funny; a Mexican by the name of Benjamin Murphy was executed in Virginia some years ago------I am guessing the MEChA types did not protest due to his stereotypical Irish name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2008, 09:06 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
It has nothing to do with letting them off because of their race, it is about being on death row without counsel, everyone should be entitled to that.
No one, I repeat NO ONE, on death row in the United States of America has been tried and convicted without “due process.” They were not denied “counsel.” The argument (lame excuse) being used is that they did not have the opportunity to meet with members of the “Mexican Consulate” -- HUGE difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top