U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times

Advertisements

Is it not a GIANT leap to say beheading a Pinata is representative of a terrorist nature?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 02:44 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
LOL, hate crime against a pinata.
The pinata menace is pumping our children full of candies, raising cavity rates throughout the nation

Old 07-16-2008, 02:53 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
This could be looked at no differently than a rope - hanging from a door knob. As some may know - this type of incident has also been recently investigated -

The fact that this piñata was depicted as a SPECIFIC person - a person who has been targeted for assassination - a person who has had death threats made by some of the Mexican Drug cartels - Yes - I could very well see how it would be investigated.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:54 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Well, lets see. Arpaio is against illegal immigration, is out arresting illegal immigrants and these people hate Arpaio. Plus they were speaking Spanish as oppossed to English, but I am sure that they are merely somewhere in the process of the three generational fluency equation we have heard so much about on this forum.
How do you know that they weren't illegal?

Old 07-16-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
The pinata menace is pumping our children full of candies, raising cavity rates throughout the nation
Oh please! If the Minutemen smashed a pinata that looked liked a Mexican guy complete with sombrero you would be the first one raging at the racist sentiment. And you know what? You would be right. That would be racist, hateful and just completely irresponsible.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:01 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
This could be looked at no differently than a rope - hanging from a door knob. As some may know - this type of incident has also been recently investigated -

The fact that this piñata was depicted as a SPECIFIC person - a person who has been targeted for assassination - a person who has had death threats made by some of the Mexican Drug cartels - Yes - I could very well see how it would be investigated.
The assasination plot was a fabrication.

Quote:
Asked if any of the investigation verified any of the source's factual leads, Black said, "No, it didn't. And it was killing us."
Black added that he no longer believes an assassination was planned.
Supposed plot to kill Arpaio doubted

Old 07-16-2008, 03:02 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Oh please! If the Minutemen smashed a pinata that looked liked a Mexican guy complete with sombrero you would be the first one raging at the racist sentiment. And you know what? You would be right. That would be racist, hateful and just completely irresponsible.
It would be, because that pinata would be representing a whole group of people, complete with stereotypes, im sure.

But you could whack a pinata with Janet Murguia if you want, i wouldnt give a damn.

This reminds me of that scene from Napolean Dynamite, haha.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:03 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The assasination plot was a fabrication.
Disagree

Old 07-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
It would be, because that pinata would be representing a whole group of people, complete with stereotypes, im sure.

But you could whack a pinata with Janet Murguia if you want, i wouldnt give a damn.

This reminds me of that scene from Napolean Dynamite, haha.
For you and I, it is not that hard to see the difference between hating on a particular person and their role vs an entire group of people.

I would agree with you, if you want to make a Janet Murguia or Geraldo Rivera Pinata and run her over with a car or light him on fire...I would not care.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:07 PM

[quote=amc760;4482747]It would be, because that pinata would be representing a whole group of people, complete with stereotypes, im sure.

This reminds me of that scene from Napolean Dynamite, haha.[/quote

Yes you would. You would be out for the minutemens blood. Or Arpaios if he did it, or anyone who would do it. The thought behind the action was one full of hate and vindictiveness and you know it. Well, plus a large measure of political grandstanding I am sure.

Besides, is it really a pinata if no candy comes out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration