U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 08:57 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,418,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin View Post
I wish the piñata was still around. I would certainly take a whack at it. The man is a redneck racist and a complete and utter fool. He's perfect for a lot of people out in Arizona honestly.
Irwin - are you aware that MCSO / Sheriff Arpaio is only one of a large number of Law Enforcement agencies that are DOING THE SAME THING? Officers being federally sworn - officers making inquires into the immigratino status of those they stop - detaining and deporting - Doing Sweeps -

Joe is not the only law enforcement officer in AZ Irwin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 09:04 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,004,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Irwin - are you aware that MCSO / Sheriff Arpaio is only one of a large number of Law Enforcement agencies that are DOING THE SAME THING? Officers being federally sworn - officers making inquires into the immigratino status of those they stop - detaining and deporting - Doing Sweeps -

yeah, but he in particular seems like righteous trash.
I'm waiting for Arizona to start building stone statues of him and spend most of their day chilling around his mansion a la Apocalypse Now.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:12 PM

300 posts, read 482,356 times
There are lot of righteous trash that post in this forum.

I would love to see Joe as the Attorney General of this nation and see how fast he gets rid of the illegals and takes care of the damn criminal trash.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
yeah, but he in particular seems like righteous trash.
Why would you say that? Oh, Joe is arrogant. He is a media *****. But, he is enforcing the law - and law enforcement agencies around the nation are now starting to follow his model - having officers become sworn federal officers - Joe came up with thtis idea -

Old 07-16-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Why would you say that? Oh, Joe is arrogant. He is a media *****. But, he is enforcing the law - and law enforcement agencies around the nation are now starting to follow his model - having officers become sworn federal officers - Joe came up with thtis idea -
He's using the public's fear to win them over. I think he's just making a name for a himself, and its defnitely working. I don't know, maybe its just me. I don't like the hardass image I guess. Not my cup of tea. He's a real old fashioned cowboy, if thats your type of thing.
He's definitely the guy an angry America is going to look up to.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
He's using the public's fear to win them over. I think he's just making a name for a himself, and its defnitely working. I don't know, maybe its just me. I don't like the hardass image I guess. Not my cup of tea. He's a real old fashioned cowboy, if thats your type of thing.He's definitely the guy an angry America is going to look up to.
He is confronting the illegal immigration issue - headon! Nothing to do with "fear". Has a lot to do with the law.

Illegal immigrants have been responsible for many, many violent crimes - he is going after those who are trafficing in human beings -

Sheriff Arpaio has a very high approval rating amongst Arizonas residents

Old 07-16-2008, 09:24 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,246,246 times
Well in this country were putting a noose in a tree is considered seriously;i think this is more specific and just has much a problem. Guess like most things now days depends where you are politcally if you think it is a problem or not.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:30 PM

1,486 posts, read 3,961,711 times
Quote:

No...he is not the only law enforcement in town but he is head-over-heels above the rest in this absolute obsession with going after Mexicans. It gives the impression of racism and the fact that he is so popular in AZ...well that gives the impression that a significant portion of the state is racist. Arizona does have a rather nasty history after all; MLK Day anyone?

Joe also uses his office to attack anyone who criticizes his tactics. Again, he tries to portray this redneck cowboy imagine but if someone actually starts to question his tactics or investigate his methods he plays the victim and he goes after them...often by arresting them or leaking some bogus investigation to the press. Those are the same tactics used in Putin's Russia.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin View Post
No...he is not the only law enforcement in town but he is head-over-heels above the rest in this absolute obsession with going after Mexicans.
This is where you are really mistaken: Arpaio is going after Illegal Immigrants. He has detained people from Belerus, Thailand, Iran, Syria, Mexico, Argentina, Chili, Venezula, Haiti and so on -

Illegals are Illegals -

Old 07-16-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Well in this country were putting a noose in a tree is considered seriously;i think this is more specific and just has much a problem. Guess like most things now days depends where you are politcally if you think it is a problem or not.
You can't be serious. Yeah, white teens haging a noose on a tree directed at Black youths in the south is a VERY serious thing.

This was just a protest done in bad taste. VERY DIFFERENT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration