U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2008, 07:01 PM

2 posts, read 7,865 times

Advertisements

For all you who listen to Jeff Katz, there is something that you should know about him. According to an online article, he was fired from a radio show in CA for uring people to ru over illegal immigrants. Check this article out.

Here's the link to the site: [URL]http://www.phillytalkradioonline.com/archive/katz_jeff2.html[/URL]

Below are abstracts of the articles. Check out the article about how Jeff belittled the Pope.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
KTSE-AM in Sacramento, California has fired disc jockey Jeff Katz for urging listeners to use their cars to hit illegal immigrants trying to cross into the U.S. from Mexico. During his morning talk show, Katz said drivers should be awarded sombrero bumper stickers that could be redeemed for a meal at Taco Bell. The National Hispanic Media Coalition, based in Los Angeles, took credit for the firing.

Sacramento was my biggest learning experience. I worked for a great GM in Dave Burke and a brilliant PD in Ken Kohl. I learned more from Ken than any PD I've ever known. I did middays up against Rush and beat him (although I've got to give lots of thanks to O.J. Simpson for his help in that regard) and eventually was moved to mornings. In morning drive I had a great support staff and was able to really start making a dent in the market. In California, illegal immigration was always a hot topic and one day while broadcasting from San Diego I started talking about these signs they have on the freeways there that show a family running across the road. Ever the smart ass, I repeated what a caller had said about that not being effective. Rather if you aimed at them, they would be more likely to stop. I also added some comments about using sombrero stickers on the side of the car like the pilots used to have in WWII. It was clearly satire and totally in jest...it was followed up with a discussion of how selfish my parents were for wanting to eat EVERY day. Good taste, bad taste, funny or not, it was used by the mayor of Sacramento to launch a campaign to get me off the air and it worked. It was a tremendous learning experience. I realized that there are lots of things more important than radio. I saw how friends turned their backs. I also took time to visit Mexico on a number of occasions. I learned a lot from that.

Talking"]Talking (broken link) it out on the radio - Daily News article on radio reaction after the attacks - relevant excerpt - Tahoma, Verdana, Arial] At WPHT, Jeff Katz, a former Philadelphia Housing Authority cop who hosts a talk show in Las Vegas, filled in from 3 to 5 p.m. He played what was described as an "exclusive interview" with Nasser Al Qedwa, Palestinian representative to the United Nations. In the show, which included coarse language, he fielded calls from Philadelphia residents about the attackU - a rather interesting article posted on a journalism school website. It was first run in USA today in 1999 about hosts getting into trouble, getting fired and then moving to another market for more money and higher ratings. It mentions Jeff Katz and Rollye James as well as including an errie quote from John Ziegler ... The threat of being fired "creates a tension that is palpable, that the audience appreciates." ummm I can say for certain that when the audience has a favorite host they do NOT appreciate such tension. Doing it on purpose plays them for fools.http://www.phillytalkradioonline.com.../yell_line.gif

Last edited by June007; 07-16-2008 at 07:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 07:06 PM

10,833 posts, read 11,566,701 times
Fail

Old 07-16-2008, 07:12 PM

133 posts, read 280,163 times
Thumbs up I love Jeff Katz

I am such a big fan of Jeff Katz. So what if he did tell people to run over illegals? It was probably taken out of context like everything else that the media does and twisted to suit someone else's liberal agenda.

Jeff Katz did have a show in the Charlotte, NC market. He left to go back home in Minnesota (I think), but I miss him terribly. And really the only time that I really listen to Rush's entire show is when Jeff is filling in.

Jeff Katz SPEAKS the TRUTH!

Old 07-16-2008, 07:50 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,962,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of 3 girls View Post
I am such a big fan of Jeff Katz. So what if he did tell people to run over illegals? It was probably taken out of context like everything else that the media does and twisted to suit someone else's liberal agenda.
!
I fail to see how telling people to run over human beings can be "taken out of context".

Really has nothing to do with liberal/conservative, more with regard for human life?

Old 02-13-2009, 07:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,671 times
I just love when people are so concerned about " Human Life " when it comes to Terrorists or Illegal law breakers or some other life form! But these same "Idiots " will fight to make sure a women can Murder her child in the womb and not think twice about it!

Old 02-13-2009, 07:39 PM

200 posts, read 299,335 times
I think car damage, high insurance rates... Why not just give them a peanutbutter sandwich.

You can't fix stupid!
Attached Thumbnails
Jeff Katz-illegal-immigrant-sign-prohibdo.jpg  

Old 02-13-2009, 07:41 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliezer View Post
I just love when people are so concerned about " Human Life " when it comes to Terrorists or Illegal law breakers or some other life form! But these same "Idiots " will fight to make sure a women can Murder her child in the womb and not think twice about it!
And what does this have to do with illegal immigration?

Old 02-13-2009, 07:49 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad-The-Impaler View Post
I think car damage, high insurance rates... Why not just give them a peanutbutter sandwich.

You can't fix stupid!

Once you start feeding them they will never leave. A bus ticket back home is a much better idea.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:53 PM

200 posts, read 299,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Once you start feeding them they will never leave. A bus ticket back home is a much better idea.
Yeah, you're right they're use to Montezuma's Revenge, salmonella and Ecoli doesn't phase them.
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2009, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of 3 girls View Post

Jeff Katz did have a show in the Charlotte, NC market. He left to go back home in Minnesota (I think), but I miss him terribly. And really the only time that I really listen to Rush's entire show is when Jeff is filling in.

Jeff Katz SPEAKS the TRUTH!
You have Jeff Katz confused with Jason Lewis. Jason was Jeff's predecessor on WBT, and he is the one who returned to Minnesota, and fills in for Rush occasionally.

Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration