U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 11:15 PM

9,310 posts, read 25,696,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
1 million for a McD's franchisee, ah no it ought to be around 1 billion
Great news and I agree, NJ Chutzpah . . . SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 10:30 AM

2,731 posts, read 5,941,922 times
This is a good start but it might be 100% Mc Donalds fault if..
Illegals are using false information and Mc D's has no way to verify?

Old 07-17-2008, 10:31 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,179,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
A company that owns 11 McDonald's restaurants in Nevada was fined one million dollars Wednesday after pleading guilty to employing 58 illegal immigrants.

The company, Mack Associates Inc., knew the employees were illegal immigrants and had offered them names and social security numbers belonging to other people, the US Justice Department said.

The company pleaded guilty in federal court in Las Vegas to conspiracy to encourage and induce an alien's unlawful residence in the United States and aiding and abetting an alien to remain in the country, the department said.

The company's director of operations also pleaded guilty to aiding and abetting an alien to remain in the country.

And the former vice president of Mack Associates pleaded guilty to inducing an illegal alien to remain in the United States and faces a possible sentence of up to five years in prison and a 250,000 dollar five.

About 30 of the illegal workers have returned to their native countries while the rest were allowed to stay in the United States until the case closes.

McDonald's franchisee fined 1 mln dlrs for hiring illegal immigrants

Yeeeeeeee Hawwwww . . . . the hammer continues to fall. Wow I could get used to repeating that phrase. I'm lovin this!

Good one

Old 07-17-2008, 10:32 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,391,056 times
Let's be fair: One Million is not chump change. It is a significant fine.

AND, this guy will be under a microscope from here on out - I don't know what his franchise agreement provides but, I would not be surprised if he isn't also getting some "threats" from Micky D's national

Old 07-17-2008, 10:40 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,904,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Let's be fair: One Million is not chump change. It is a significant fine.

AND, this guy will be under a microscope from here on out - I don't know what his franchise agreement provides but, I would not be surprised if he isn't also getting some "threats" from Micky D's national
I doubt that he's getting any threats from Mickey D's Headquarters. As a matter of fact it would not surprise me if they weren't ordered to stop hiring Americans because obeying the law cuts into profits. I work in downtown Chicago and there are multiple McDonald locations on both the east and west sides. No matter which one I have gone into the only people I have ever seen working in them are hispanics. They put the (semi) English speakers on the registers and the rest of the staff mops the floors and cooks the food.

It's been months since I have gone into a McDonalds or Burger King because I have no doubt that the majority of their employees are illegal aliens.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:06 AM

605 posts, read 2,188,597 times
Not because their food's crap then?

Old 07-17-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonrob View Post
Not because their food's crap then?

That too, it's loaded with fat and calories, never hot always luke warm. Oh and their shakes taste like chalk.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:33 PM

10,716 posts, read 31,063,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
This is a good start but it might be 100% Mc Donalds fault if..
Illegals are using false information and Mc D's has no way to verify?
The article specifically said they were supplying these false identities. AND even if these illegals were just presenting them, there are ways to verify them. I can do it sitting here at home.

One more reason to never eat there again. It might not hurt MDs but I do believe in boycotting a business when they demonstrate this kind of behavior. I am changing banks as well because I don't care for Bank of Americas way of rolling out the red carpet for illegals.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:23 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,826,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Yeeeeeeee Hawwwww . . . . the hammer continues to fall. Wow I could get used to repeating that phrase. I'm lovin this!
Yes it's Hammer Time!

Old 07-17-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes it's Hammer Time!

Indeed it is. Thanks for that one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration