U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 08:27 PM

23,034 posts, read 32,006,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
The article specifically said they were supplying these false identities. AND even if these illegals were just presenting them, there are ways to verify them. I can do it sitting here at home.

One more reason to never eat there again. It might not hurt MDs but I do believe in boycotting a business when they demonstrate this kind of behavior. I am changing banks as well because I don't care for Bank of Americas way of rolling out the red carpet for illegals.
Actually a Mcdonalds employee came into my bank last month to cash a check. His Ssn card looked a little darker and differently typed than a bona fide one. His resident alien card looked like the old design (sorta fake) and he was too young to have a resident id card from that far back. Oh yeah, didnt speak a word of english.

I honestly think that McD looked the other way when hiring this dude. I try not to patronize that location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 09:54 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,017,952 times
Well darn, here come the 5 dollar hamburgers everyone was predicting

Old 07-18-2008, 09:19 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,772,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Well darn, here come the 5 dollar hamburgers everyone was predicting
And there are still somewhere between 30 and 40 million illegals here. They didn't end up keeping food prices low for sure. Before the big immigration flood, food was significantly cheaper, there was a time when people paid $1 for a gallon of milk, $0.25 for a loaf of bread. $0.50 for a hamburger.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:00 PM

472 posts, read 628,307 times
It's a step in the right direction.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:05 PM

10,716 posts, read 31,063,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Actually a Mcdonalds employee came into my bank last month to cash a check. His Ssn card looked a little darker and differently typed than a bona fide one. His resident alien card looked like the old design (sorta fake) and he was too young to have a resident id card from that far back. Oh yeah, didnt speak a word of english.

I honestly think that McD looked the other way when hiring this dude. I try not to patronize that location.
Sadly the SSN card probably was fake and the number no doubt belongs to someone else who will eventually have problems over the fact that this person has a fake ID. Its very sad.

How hard would it be to issue something to places like banks that would test the card, similar to how they test 100 bills, those markers that show light if its real and dark brown if its fake? That would shorten the use of these fake cards.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:24 AM

219 posts, read 378,762 times
This is a terrific start! I am glad to see that people finally realized that this is the root of our illegal alien problem. I wouldn't eat at McDonald's anyway that stuff if bad for ya

Old 07-19-2008, 03:26 AM

1,197 posts, read 1,560,538 times
1 million? That's it? That's pocket change for McDonalds, this isn't even a slap on the wrist.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:16 AM

27,903 posts, read 33,454,079 times
This is an 11 store franchise....not Mc D's corporate.

Corporate would not allow that...it would destroy the entire company. Corporate

""Lisa Howard, a spokeswoman for McDonald's Corp., based in Oak Brook, Ill., said the company had no comment on the arrests.
"This is a local situation with a local operator," she said."

"The government and Mack Associates agreed that the corporation will pay a $1 million fine - $500,000 for each count, the maximum allowed - and be placed on probation during the period that the fine is outstanding. The court accepted this agreement and sentenced Mack Associates today to one year of probation and ordered the corporation to pay the agreed upon fine, with $300,000 payable immediately and the balance to be paid within nine months."

"
The investigation began five months ago and was sparked by an identity theft complaint, Rocha said. A local law enforcement agency then gave ICE information that illegal immigrants were working at specific McDonald's restaurants, he said."

Hopefully this will scare the other ones that are practicing the same things.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:40 AM

10,716 posts, read 31,063,453 times
People need to be VERY vocal and just say how you feel. Tell companies that you will NOT do business with them if they are breaking the law hiring illegals. Its that simple.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:19 AM

9,310 posts, read 25,696,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
How convenient, Alanboy!

Obviously, your LOGIC and COMMON SENSE approach proves these GREEDY Illegal Hiring Companies are disrespecting our immigration laws out of choice. Claiming the systems are inconvenient and/or do not work is nothing but BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration