U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 04:37 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
. . . and the BS and SPIN from the ILLEGAL LOVERS continues!
Some things never change do they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin View Post
Glad this suit was filed. I wish them luck.

But it will be hard given they must show intent, which is difficult when you face a the blue wall.

But, it serves a purpose of keeping Joe and his band of thugs in line and shining a light on their tactics. Checks and balances are a good thing, despite what the current administration in Washington believes.

So is staying home and demanding jobs, civil rights and social services in your own country.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:09 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,652,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Some things never change do they?
Damn shame, isn't it, JDubsMom?

Old 07-17-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Damn shame, isn't it, JDubsMom?
Not only is it a shame, its lame and tired. Slowly but surely local governments all over this country are finally beginning to realize that "cheap labor" is not so cheap.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:15 PM

1,486 posts, read 3,955,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
Gee whiz, not the illegals are doing anything ILLEGAL now is it?!
Doesn't give Joe or law enforcement any excuse to violate a person's constitutional rights.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:20 PM

595 posts, read 2,485,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin View Post
Doesn't give Joe or law enforcement any excuse to violate a person's constitutional rights.
Yes, well if these people are indeed illegal, they have no constitutional rights in the first place.

The cops were only doing their job and trying to enforce the law.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:25 PM

3,194 posts, read 2,864,220 times
Quote:
Sorry, but if anyone asked to see my SS card, other than a worker at the SS office, they would get told that it was none of their business.
See my thread entitled "Why do they need my Social Security number?" I have had limited responses but the notion I get is that people are now used to having their social security number required for a lot of their business transactions. I think it is ludicrous to ask for a social security number for anything not related to social security. But it has simply turned into another national ID number.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
Yes, well if these people were indeed illegal, they have no constitutional rights in the first place.
You have no idea what you are talking about. They clearly have rights protected by the Constitution, illegal or not.
Learn something about the law for a change.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:28 PM

300 posts, read 481,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
Yes, well if these people are indeed illegal, they have no constitutional rights in the first place.

The cops were only doing their job and trying to enforce the law.
I ignore many posts in these different threads of the illegal lovers whining like they do. It shows them so desperate you know and it really makes me laugh because they know they are losing in the public opinion poll.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
I ignore many posts in these different threads of the illegal lovers whining like they do. It shows them so desperate you know and it really makes me laugh because they know they are losing in the public opinion poll.
Thankfully, the law and our Constitution are not directly dependent on public opinion polls. Otherwise, the rednecks and ignoramuses in this country would have voted out the 1st Amd, 5 Amd, 14th Amd, etc years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration