Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 07:32 PM

299 posts, read 546,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
See my thread entitled "Why do they need my Social Security number?" I have had limited responses but the notion I get is that people are now used to having their social security number required for a lot of their business transactions. I think it is ludicrous to ask for a social security number for anything not related to social security. But it has simply turned into another national ID number.
Yeah well, people have allowed the government to usurp their rights and freedoms away from them little by little. I refuse to give my SS number out and most places that ask for it don't really need for the business you need to do with them and most just give the number out. I do not and absolutely refuse. Just my Drivers Licens; most people allow their damn SS number to be used as their DL number. I do not. I didn't even give my SS number to my banking institutions I bank with. One does not have to no matter what they are told. I use the same thing that illegals use, my tax number. I don't work any more so don't need to play the game with employers either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 07:33 PM

299 posts, read 546,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin View Post
Thankfully, the law and our Constitution are not directly dependent on public opinion polls. Otherwise, the rednecks and ignoramuses in this country would have voted out the 1st Amd, 5 Amd, 14th Amd, etc years ago.
I understand that you made a mistake. We all do at times. You must mean the liberals wanting to extinguish the 1st and 2nd amendments. There, I fixed it for you.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:55 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
You have no idea what you are talking about. They clearly have rights protected by the Constitution, illegal or not.
Learn something about the law for a change.
Suffice to say: if caught a second time here illegally-------that is a Felony.

Then there is ID theft and so on..........

Old 07-17-2008, 07:59 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,404,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Suffice to say: if caught a second time here illegally-------that is a Felony.

Then there is ID theft and so on..........
Even a criminal has constitutional rights. Jesus didn't you take high school civics?

No wonder Americans are so quick to throw away their rights granted under the Constitution. They don't even understand the basics of the document.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:32 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Even a criminal has constitutional rights. Jesus didn't you take high school civics?

No wonder Americans are so quick to throw away their rights granted under the Constitution. They don't even understand the basics of the document.
Then disprove my above post with an official ICE link.

Yes; a criminal has some rights------and, a judge can toss his butt into jail if he so desires.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:35 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,062 times
Most are missing the point. US Citizens...AKA LEGALS...AKA AMERICANS...had their rights violated. They should sue...

I have never heard of an of an officer asking for an SS card until now...Good Job Mr. Arpaio...

Old 07-17-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Then disprove my above post with an official ICE link.

Yes; a criminal has some rights------and, a judge can toss his butt into jail if he so desires.
I am not saying your post was incorrect but you seem to make the statement as if illegal immigrants (even those that are criminally charged) had no constitutional rights, which of course, they do. As I pointed out, criminals have constitutional rights as well...even in jail.

And one last clarification...you do realize your statement that "a judge can toss his butt into jail if he so desires" is incorrect as well. The judge must also follow the constitution and current law in the area which includes for example Procedural Due Process Rights, Substantive Due Process Rights, just to name a few

Again...this is high school civics level stuff folks.

Last edited by irwin; 07-17-2008 at 08:58 PM..

Old 07-17-2008, 08:40 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,490 times
Quote:
You have no idea what you are talking about. They clearly have rights protected by the Constitution, illegal or not.
Learn something about the law for a change.
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Hmm, I wonder what would make some people think that the Constitution applies to people of the United States (i.e. U.S. Citizens).? Clearly this Constitution applies to the world.

Oh, and your argument that even criminals have constitutional rights? Yep, you're right, as U.S. citizens they still have certain constitutional rights.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Most are missing the point. US Citizens...AKA LEGALS...AKA AMERICANS...had their rights violated. They should sue...

I have never heard of an of an officer asking for an SS card until now...Good Job Mr. Arpaio...
And again...where in the law does it say that one has to carry your SS card with you? Joe is a moron.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Hmm, I wonder what would make some people think that the Constitution applies to people of the United States (i.e. U.S. Citizens).? Clearly this Constitution applies to the world.

Oh, and your argument that even criminals have constitutional rights? Yep, you're right, as U.S. citizens they still have certain constitutional rights.
Please...please save yourself some embarrassment and at least google it. It is pretty basic law. Illegal immigrants have constitutional rights.

And another concept of basic law is that the preamble to the Constitution is meaningless legally. Amateur hour in here tonight...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration